• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Partner Tourney [Finished]

Years
  • Partner Tourney

Partner Tourney [Finished]

Have you been training hard? Are you feeling the synergy between you and your partner?
    It's time to show off your bonds and put your skills to the test!​

Format:
    • Round-robin: All entrants will battle each other the same amount of times in order to score points. (Three games per match-up.)
      Points per game:
      Win 2-0 = 4 points
      Win 2-1 = 3 points
      Lose 1-2 = 1 point
      Lose 0-2 = 0 points
    • Semi-finals: The top four point scorers progress to an elimation format. 1st v 3rd and 2nd v 4th. (Best of three games.)
    • 3rd Place play-off: The losers from the semi-finals battle it out for 3rd place. (Best of three games.)
    • Final: The winners of the semi-finals face-off in the grand final! (Best of five games.)
    • Tie-break: If a tie-break is needed following the completion of the round-robin it will be a one game match.

Battle Rules:
    • You may only battle with the Pokémon you signed-up with.
    • You can use any Support Set that you wish.
    • You can use any Cheer Skill that you wish.
    • You may change your Support Set or Cheer Skill between games if you wish.

To sign-up simply reply in this thread with the following details:

Example:
    Username:
    IGN:
    NNID:
    Partner Pokémon:

Registration will be open until Noon BST on Friday 22nd April with matches taking place during the following week.

Once the tournament has begun please liaise with your opponent via VM/PM to arrange a suitable time for your battle and you may also want to create a VS Code for you both to use. You are welcome to discuss your battles in this thread however.

After your battle you must both confirm your results by posting in this thread along with a screenshot.

Spoiler:

Emblems:
    Everyone who enters will receive a participation emblem, plus the top 3 will receive an extra special emblem featuring their chosen partner!

Credit: Crest by CalicoStonewolf @ DeviantArt

Any questions please don't hesitate to post in this thread or contact me via PM!

Entrants

[user]Spoonette[/user] & Pikachu Libre
    [user]Nah[/user] & Garchomp
    [user]Ky0greK1ng[/user] & Machamp
    [user]Spinosaurus[/user] & Machamp
    [user]CatmanDaTrainer[/user] & Weavile
    [user]SonicZ16[/user] & Blaziken
    [user]Drackos_Flare[/user] & Garchomp

Spinosaurus - 55 points (5/5)
    Nah - 32 points (5/5)
    Drackos_Flare - 30 points (5/5)
    Ky0greK1ng - 26 points (5/5)
    SonicZ16 - 22 points (5/5)
    Spoonette - 15 points (5/5)

Spoiler:

Semi-finals

Spinosaurus vs Drackos_Flare
    Nah vs Ky0greK1ng

3rd Place Play-off

Nah vs ?

Final

Ky0greK1ng vs Spinosaurus

3rd Place

Nah

2nd Place

Ky0greK1ng

1st Place

Spinosaurus

Train On.​

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Username: Nah
    IGN: Nah
    NNID: Nah527
    Partner Pokemon: Garchomp

I almost forgot about the battle records in the game lol, that's very good to have for this

I should probably start prepping the rankings thread, since this'll be the first major thing to put into it.

Years
  • Username: Nah
    IGN: Nah
    NNID: Nah527
    Partner Pokemon: Garchomp

I almost forgot about the battle records in the game lol, that's very good to have for this

I should probably start prepping the rankings thread, since this'll be the first major thing to put into it.

Oh, don't worry, this is a standalone tourney, separate from the league :)

Years
  • Darn, this would be something fun to join if I didn't have work.

Ah, that's a shame :( There's no set times though so as long as you could fit a battle in in the first few days after the 22nd I'm sure we could help!

My sign-up:

Username: Spoonette
    IGN: Spoony
    NNID: Spoony6205
    Partner Pokémon: Pikachu Libre

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Ah, that's a shame :( There's no set times though so as long as you could fit a battle in in the first few days after the 22nd I'm sure we could help!

Well, I guess I'll just see which days I'll be off in that case.

Just in case I do get the time, I'll pt in my info:

Username: 0bs1d1ankn1ght
    IGN: dont know it
    NNID: 0bs1d1anknight
    Partner Pokemon: Blaziken

Years
  • Well, I guess I'll just see which days I'll be off in that case.

Just in case I do get the time, I'll pt in my info:

Username: 0bs1d1ankn1ght
    IGN: dont know it
    NNID: 0bs1d1anknight
    Partner Pokemon: Blaziken

Yay, cool, I'll add you! But if you have to pull out we'll understand :)

Years
  • Honestly, I think we should only use Standard cheer skill, to keep from unfair advantages.

Not to be disagreeable, but... How are the cheer skills unfair if everyone has access to all of them? If both players chose 'unfair skills,' wouldn't that balance the battle?

Of course, my opinion may be a little biased because I love the synergy cheer skill!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Not to be disagreeable, but... How are the cheer skills unfair if everyone has access to all of them? If both players chose 'unfair skills,' wouldn't that balance the battle?

Of course, my opinion may be a little biased because I love the synergy cheer skill!

I'm just sayin', there's a reason why official tournaments stick with Standard. What I was trying to get at is, if we all chose Standard, it'd keep things more balanced, but that's just my opinion; guess I'll just choose either the Synergy or Pressure skills, and not worry about it.

Years
  • I'm just sayin', there's a reason why official tournaments stick with Standard. What I was trying to get at is, if we all chose Standard, it'd keep things more balanced, but that's just my opinion; guess I'll just choose either the Synergy or Pressure skills, and not worry about it.

I was unaware about the whole official tournaments thing. If everyone else wants to use the standard skill only, I'll be happy to do the same!

Years
  • I'm sorry, I'm misinformed. I'm reading up the EVO rules now, and they allow cheer switches in between matches. This is what I'm reading: https://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

Again, I'm sorry for causing a stink on this.

Not a problem at all--I'm sorry if my original comment sounded harsh in any way.

Whatever rules we play by, I'm very excited for our little tournament!

Years
  • Would it be possible to play a Local Match instead of a Online Match? I only have 1 Wii U and if I get matched up with SonicZ16, That would be the only way to fight him. Heck, I don't even know if we will get matched, but just in case, I'd like to know before I sign up. Also, where would we screenshot to prove we Won/lost if we are allowed to play locally?

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Would it be possible to play a Local Match instead of a Online Match? I only have 1 Wii U and if I get matched up with SonicZ16, That would be the only way to fight him. Heck, I don't even know if we will get matched, but just in case, I'd like to know before I sign up. Also, where would we screenshot to prove we Won/lost if we are allowed to play locally?

Yeah, I'm sort of wondering how we're going to accurately match each other.

Years
  • Would it be possible to play a Local Match instead of a Online Match? I only have 1 Wii U and if I get matched up with SonicZ16, That would be the only way to fight him. Heck, I don't even know if we will get matched, but just in case, I'd like to know before I sign up. Also, where would we screenshot to prove we Won/lost if we are allowed to play locally?

Yeah that would be absolutely fine! Does it come up with a win/lose screen after each battle? If one of you could post photos and the other confirmed, I think that would be ok.

Back