• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Partner Tourney [Finished]

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Something I was wondering. OP says that all but the finals are Bo3. Is Bo3 here meant to mean exactly like how it normally is in the game, or that we have to do a Bo3 of those (meaning potentially 9 individual rounds per set)? And then how do you do a Bo5 when the game is set to do Bo3 and there's no real way to change that afaik?

Yeah, I'm sort of wondering how we're going to accurately match each other.
    What do you mean exactly?

Years
    Something I was wondering. OP says that all but the finals are Bo3. Is Bo3 here meant to mean exactly like how it normally is in the game, or that we have to do a Bo3 of those (meaning potentially 9 individual rounds per set)? And then how do you do a Bo5 when the game is set to do Bo3 and there's no real way to change that afaik?

What do you mean exactly?

Best of 3/5 games. A game being best of 3 rounds. So you rematch until someone has won 2 games or in the final 3 games.

I was wondering how we were going to be matched against each other in the tourney.

But sorry guys, I checked my work schedule, looks like I won't be able to join.

Ah well, hopefully it'll work out next time!

Edit: Oh, dear Arceus! I realised that unless there were 8 or 16 players etc that the single-elimination format wasn't going to work! I'd still prefer elimination over round-robin though so I think I've come up with a solution... Can you take a look at the revised OP and see what you think? :)

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah that would be absolutely fine! Does it come up with a win/lose screen after each battle? If one of you could post photos and the other confirmed, I think that would be ok.
    Ah, that's great! Just thought I'd ask, better safe than sorry. Yes, we can provide pictures of the Win/Lose screen.

My signup:
    Username: Drackos_Flare
    IGN: Brent
    NNID: Drackos_Flare
    Partner Pokémon: Garchomp

Me and Garchomp are gonna start training like no other!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    byes are a thing in tournaments so you can do that when making the bracket tho it depends on how exactly the number of participants affects the number of byes

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
    Ah man, I hope to don't lose too badly... {XD}

The thread says the tourney will take place the following week after sign-ups. Does that mean that it starts today and continues throughout the week? Or does it start a week from now?

Years
    Ah man, I hope to don't lose too badly... {XD}

The thread says the tourney will take place the following week after sign-ups. Does that mean that it starts today and continues throughout the week? Or does it start a week from now?

Me too! I'm quite nervous actually!

I'll post the first round match-ups tomorrow and whilst there are no strict deadlines as such it'd be good if they could be completed within 3-4 days.

It'd be awesome if we could get at least one more player to make it even, so if you fancy some fighting, I'll leave sign-ups open until I post again tomorrow...!

Years
    Username: Nah
    IGN: Nah
    NNID: Nah527
    Partner Pokemon: Garchomp

Username: Ky0greK1ng
    IGN: Max
    NNID: WarioFan33
    Partner Pokemon: Machamp

Username: Spinosaurus
    IGN: Spin
    NNID: WarioLand
    Partner Pokémon: Machamp

Username: Catman
    IGN: N/A
    NNID: CatmanDaGamer
    Partner Pokémon: Weavile

Username: SonicZ16
    IGN: Aaron
    NNID: SonicZ16
    Partner Pokémon: Blaziken

Username: Drackos_Flare
    IGN: Brent
    NNID: Drackos_Flare
    Partner Pokémon: Garchomp

Let's get this tourney started! ^^

Before we begin though, I've changed the format yet again! I just couldn't see the original format working or being much fun as such few matches would have been played. Please check out the OP for full details but we'll be starting with a round-robin. If you'd like to withdraw at this point I'll comepletely understand, hopefully it's all set now though and will be fun!

Best of luck, everyone!

Years
    Oh man, totally pummeled by Spinosaurus and Machamp! That was fun though! Good game, guys!

Spoiler:

Edit: Destroyed by Nah and Garchomp too! Good game!

Spoiler:

I have a feeling "Fun but mortifying!" is going to become my motto! {XD}

Last edited:
    Back