• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

remer

The Warrior
Years
  • Hello . From the last post I did somebody said that I should post it here . I downloaded Pokemon x decrypted.but the emulators i download doesn't work. Can you tell me about a working emulator in windows xp 32bit . I want to play it and after downloading it I don't want to delete it.

Hello is there a decrypted 3ds emulator that works on windows xp 32 bit ? I need it because I downloaded x but cannot play it because the emulator is not working.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    Hey there!

Because asking, I DID NOT searching through the pages of this to find my answer, because it's a little long and I'm on a small time crunch on wanting to get this done. I have family in town. They're leaving soon and I'm the only one 'smart' enough to show my little cousin, who loves pokemon, about rom hacks. I play them all the time. He wants to play some. I've put a few on his phone for him, but there's one in particular that he wants to play, that shows up as a .ips file. I've gone through the process of patching it with the appropriate files, clean versions, etc.

When I go to launch the ROM on myboy, it shows up as white screen, nothing else.

Any tips, tricks or fixes I could come across? Step by step in particular, since I'm decent at knowing how to do this, but not all around great.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2023
    Is there any Pokegen-like programs for xy and oras?

With pokegen, i could edit my pokemon IVs and shinyness from platinum all the way to white and black 2, but afterwards, i found nothing. Can someone tell me if there is any way for me to do that on the 6-gen games?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    Emulation?

Hey guys!

I'm not sure if something like this is appropriate to post or not, read the rules, but I don't know if I missed something. Anyways! I'm looking for good 3ds emulation. Basically, I know which one to use I guess, but didn't know if anyone had an recommendations on another one or how to properly use the current one that I have. I just don't have funds for a 3ds right now and really wanna give pokemon X/Y a shot, if at all possible. Not sure if it even is right now.

Again, if this can't be here, mods do your thing and let me know.

Thanks in advance guys!​

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    Can anyone help me out, with the new 3ds hacks (eg Neo X&Y, Rutile Ruby etc), are they also compatible with 2ds?

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Hey guys!

I'm not sure if something like this is appropriate to post or not, read the rules, but I don't know if I missed something. Anyways! I'm looking for good 3ds emulation. Basically, I know which one to use I guess, but didn't know if anyone had an recommendations on another one or how to properly use the current one that I have. I just don't have funds for a 3ds right now and really wanna give pokemon X/Y a shot, if at all possible. Not sure if it even is right now.

Again, if this can't be here, mods do your thing and let me know.

Thanks in advance guys!​

Citra is (I think) the only 3DS emulator out there. However, while it can run Pokémon games, it's kind of unstable. But you can search Youtube for videos where you'll find slower but more stable builds. I use it to play Pokémon Moon :)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    Citra is (I think) the only 3DS emulator out there. However, while it can run Pokémon games, it's kind of unstable. But you can search Youtube for videos where you'll find slower but more stable builds. I use it to play Pokémon Moon :)

See, I'm trying to use Citra, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. I've watched videos just can't get anything to properly work. Ugh.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • See, I'm trying to use Citra, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. I've watched videos just can't get anything to properly work. Ugh.

It worked for me. It's one called Speed Fix v2 or something like that. You should check out one of the many videos that show you that they run Sun/Moon. I'm playing Moon from that build.
    Yeah, it's kind of annoying. It still has a long way to go, but lickily it's open source and there are many builds around, some of which will let people like us play the latest games without a 3DS :P

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Does anyone have a VBA that doesn't suck? I have two VBA's. One that runs really slow and the other than crashes every other time you try to save the game.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction of a VBA download that doesn't suck?
    Thanks.

Years
  • Does anyone have a VBA that doesn't suck? I have two VBA's. One that runs really slow and the other than crashes every other time you try to save the game.
    Thanks.
    Turning on frame skip might help with the slowness issue if it isn't on already. I've noticed that if frame skip is set to 0 it runs slowly.

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years

Thanks.

Hey Crizzle I use VBA link. I have pretty old and outdated laptop buy VBAL works fine and smooth. If you want tell me I will PM you the link.

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years
  • Hey there!

Because asking, I DID NOT searching through the pages of this to find my answer, because it's a little long and I'm on a small time crunch on wanting to get this done. I have family in town. They're leaving soon and I'm the only one 'smart' enough to show my little cousin, who loves pokemon, about rom hacks. I play them all the time. He wants to play some. I've put a few on his phone for him, but there's one in particular that he wants to play, that shows up as a .ips file. I've gone through the process of patching it with the appropriate files, clean versions, etc.

When I go to launch the ROM on myboy, it shows up as white screen, nothing else.

Any tips, tricks or fixes I could come across? Step by step in particular, since I'm decent at knowing how to do this, but not all around great.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hello there I also play in Myboy and some ROM crahes. Although by changing the save type to 128K might make some ROMs work. Hope it helps

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Hi everybody, I'm pretty new to using fan roms for Pokemon. I downloaded some roms today and downloaded VBA version 1.8.0.603 and I was trying to play a couple of games like Pokemon Gaia version 2.5 and Pokemon Unbound version 1.1 or higher don't actually know. So I read the "readme" and it said "Patch the game with Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)" With the Pokemon unbound game specifically. So I did that and it says the file doesn't match the patch, patch cancelled. It does that for both games and it won't even load the Pokemon Fire Red game I downloaded. I would appreciate all the help I can get, thank you

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Hi everybody, I'm pretty new to using fan roms for Pokemon. I downloaded some roms today and downloaded VBA version 1.8.0.603 and I was trying to play a couple of games like Pokemon Gaia version 2.5 and Pokemon Unbound version 1.1 or higher don't actually know. So I read the "readme" and it said "Patch the game with Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)" With the Pokemon unbound game specifically. So I did that and it says the file doesn't match the patch, patch cancelled. It does that for both games and it won't even load the Pokemon Fire Red game I downloaded. I would appreciate all the help I can get, thank you
    use nups (probably) and tell it to ignore things like this--the patches often say that they don't match with the original game for whatever reason

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Okay tried that just now but even when I ignore and it says the patch went though I load up my VBA file and look for the Pokemon Gaia and Pokemon Unbound file and theres nothing under there folders

Back