• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Hi im trying to play gaia but im having trouble patching the rom. I have tried downloading fire red from a few different places but i always get this message saying something like incorrect file size/Cnumbers etc. I cant remember exactly but im sure somebody knows whats going on? Please help. Im using Myboy on android and Nups patcher from the playstore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    How to change emulator?

I played fire red on my John gba lite nd almost completed it. later I came to know that it can't link with my friends. only my boy emulator can. so I wanna know if there is some way by which I can load my John gba saves on my boy emulator? tnx in advance

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    Help with ohana3ds pls

2016_09_16.png
    I get this error when using ohana 3ds. I have directx12 and .net 4.6.2 on my computer. I'm still getting the same error. Help

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    Help With Trading

I dont know if this is the correct thread, mods if incorrect pls place in correct thread. I have searched and searched and I know how to do the procedure to trade, but everytime I try, it fails to properly connect. I use the VBA Link 1.8, and I am trying to trade between Pokemon Gold, and Pokemon Crystal. I have tried using a single computer, and two computers. I put in the IP address and it says it connects, but when I go to the trading center it always says "Your Friend is not ready" or something like that. Everyone I see on YouTube or Google, they are trading between the same game, is that all you can do with trading(only between the same game)?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    So I'm using a Visual Boy Advance v 1.8.0.603 and I'm trying to play Pokémon FireRed on it and in the game I get the message "The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed." Is there something else I'm not aware of?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • So I'm using a Visual Boy Advance v 1.8.0.603 and I'm trying to play Pokémon FireRed on it and in the game I get the message "The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed." Is there something else I'm not aware of?

Enable the Real Time Clock and make sure you're Save Type is on "Automatic" and "Flash 128K".

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    Enable the Real Time Clock and make sure you're Save Type is on "Automatic" and "Flash 128K".
    Arceus be praised! It works!

Took me a bit to figure out the control scheme and why it was rapid-firing afterward, but now I can continue my game unhindered! If there were a way to load the save from my physical cartridge onto the emulator, it would make this experience even more wonderful.

But if that can't be done, I'll start Leah's adventure over again, no big deal.

Anthroyd

Professor
    Years
  • Recording VBA Gameplay

Hi there,

I used to record small segments of gameplay on VBA using its built-in AVI recording feature, however I can no longer do that since it's not recognizing that I have TechSmith software installed. I've tried every other codec available to me in the list but all of them have their issues, those being either extremely poor quality or unbearable lag.

What is the best way in y'all experience to record VBA gameplay?

Anthroyd

Professor
    Years
  • Why not directly record while playing?
    The smoothest is camastai.

Camtasia's screen recorder isn't able to sync the video and audio properly. Saving the recording results in a .camrec file, which isn't supported by VirtualDub (a program that helps with syncing audio and video).

Anthroyd

Professor
    Years
  • I did it. Audio and video are 100% perfectly in sync.

Here's how I did it:
    Record only audio using VBA's built-in sound recording function. At the same time, record only video using Camtasia Screen Recorder or some other recording software. This won't overwork either program, allowing them both to do their jobs flawlessly.

A quick note about the sound recording: VBA doesn't record sound as you hear it if you use the "superspeed" or frame skip function! By frame skip function, I mean holding the space bar to speed up your game. VBA will record the sound as if the frame skip function were not being used. This means that, if you're trying to keep video and audio in sync, you should not use the frame skip function or everything will unsync!

In other words, as long as you're playing the game as you would on a Nintendo DS, everything should work out perfectly. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Linking Emulators (i.e. VBA) for Battling

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if it's been answered before (not that I could find), but I'm having trouble getting 2 different save files to link and be able to battle in VBA. The setup is 2 VBAs opened on the same computer and attempting to battle between 2 FireRed saves.

Now I've gotten this to work before using 2 save files that I played, but a friend and I are currently trying to do a Nuzlocke variant where we battle each other. We both started with the same randomized ROM, but when i link the VBAs the same way I previously have the games crash when we enter the trading/battle room.

So is there something that happens when he plays the file on his computer then sends me back the save state that causes issues, or am I just overlooking a simple mistake? Thank you for any help on this.

Anthroyd

Professor
    Years
  • Hi there,

I created a YouTube tutorial for recording high quality VisualBoyAdvance gameplay with audio/video synchronization. You can find it here:

Spoiler:

Back