• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Advertising Ideas

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    OK, since Arcanine told us to start a new thread, I decided to make it.Here, just post advertising ideas, and don't start flaming, and arguing about grammar and mods and whatnot.Please don't start getting all angry and start flaming, just post advertising ideas.

TeNk

Banned User
    Years
    I stand by what I said before: Either Spam our link on other forums and say some crazy kid did it and act like we don't know who spammed our link on the other forums or just ask fanfiction.com in pokemon section to link us.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I was thinking that exactly Arcanine.Maybe we could get a bunch of members to go to serebii.net, TPM, and a whole bunch of other site, and advertise in our sigs like crazy!

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    If you guys want ill put a link up on Victory Road...

And teNk how can we act like we dont know when all they have to do is look in this topic and read what u just said,lol

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    I was thinking that exactly Arcanine.Maybe we could get a bunch of members to go to serebii.net, TPM, and a whole bunch of other site, and advertise in our sigs like crazy!
    I got it in mine on SNF, but you see the trick it if you put it in your sig and dont make a post whats the point in doing it in the first place?
    And about the spaming idea, well you see that PE2K member that was here like a week ago, he didnt get any one to join PE2K by spaming all over the place.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I thought of creating a chain letter, lol. XD I'll send it to every address I can find.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    I got it in mine on SNF, but you see the trick it if you put it in your sig and dont make a post whats the point in doing it in the first place?
    And about the spaming idea, well you see that PE2K member that was here like a week ago, he didnt get any one to join PE2K by spaming all over the place.

exactly... spamming regardless of the purpose is somewhat unforgivable. Like what i said already in my last post in the locked thread, they will hate PC even more instead...

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    Teamsupra.com did that and now are going to court i belive...

(reply to kayleigh's message)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    v-road said:
    Teamsupra.com did that and now are going to court i belive...

(reply to kayleigh's message)
    Lol, forget my idea then! >_> *shreds all of her others plans then throws them away*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Oh and spaming will make every member on that forum hate the forum that member was spaming for.

Yes Haruka we support the anti-spam allience.
    I think sigs is the best way.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Another good way is to pm all members of other forums, advertising PC, this way, more members would see the link,a nd ultimately, join our forums, yes, it may tak a while, but if we can pull this off, then we may acquire a large quantity of quality membes.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    Another good way is to pm all members of other forums, advertising PC, this way, more members would see the link,a nd ultimately, join our forums, yes, it may tak a while, but if we can pull this off, then we may acquire a large quantity of quality membes.
    Yes sending PM's is a very good way to get more members, its rare that some one will turn a PM down (there will be some that will), and if the other forums is about Pokemon then its like "hay thats a Pokemon forum too and its big too".

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Well, we could get like, about 5 members to pm an entire forum, and that way we could cover a whole bunch of forums.We should start Pm'ing as soon as possible!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    Well, we could get like, about 5 members to pm an entire forum, and that way we could cover a whole bunch of forums.We should start Pm'ing as soon as possible!
    Mabe one like TPM where thay have over 10,000 members. Even SNF has over 2,000 members so it would take a very very very long time to PM every member.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    You have a point there.....Maybe we could just get a lot of members to pm TPM,and others to pm SNF, since TPM has so many members.But only pm top posters, so they can maybe post a lot here, not low posting members, because they may never even get on to read the pm's

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    You have a point there.....Maybe we could just get a lot of members to pm TPM,and others to pm SNF, since TPM has so many members.But only pm top posters, so they can maybe post a lot here, not low posting members, because they may never even get on to read the pm's
    But one thing about the high posting members, lets say some one sent you a PM about a forums and your a top poster here on PC you mite join but not long after you are going to go back to your high post count (I dont know if you would or not but im just saying that most members will want to go back to there high post count).

Back