• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I don't see many snakes around where I am. I hear they don't like being around where people are because it's loud and we have a loud dog that barks all the time. That's probably good considering some of them are poisonous.

Sirfetch’d

I live in Alabama so naturally we have an abundance of them. Its unfortunate though because everyone in my family except my dad, who oddly should be because he was bitten by one, is terrified of them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Banana Spider:

Spoiler:

They're supposed to be "harmless" and make large webs. There are a lot of them in my college campus, I see them on trees every night.

There are two types though: the pic above & a giant version of it that kills you in South America.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
What in the world is a Banana Spider? I hope this doesn't ruin bananas for me as I absolutely fear spiders and if one looks like a banana it just might D:
Spoiler:

That is a Banana Spider. I may or may not have ruined the fruit for you. :b

Oh Megan beat me to it (and even used the same image ahahah that's great). They do sometimes make stupidly large webs though. I've lost count how many times I've almost ran into one of their webs.

The snakes I normally see are Black Racers who aren't poisonous. Which is good because my mom was bit by the snake my brother and sister helped when she tried to help it herself. As for not like being around people each house in the area I live in have like four acres or something so enough space between houses that they're fine with it I'm guessing.

Sirfetch’d

Wow, that spider is definitely huge and scary even if it is harmless ;-; I do recognize it though and I am pretty sure that we have one that has a web close to our house.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
They're actually pretty cool to watch. They're always walking around the web while they catch food like flies and all that stuff. Sadly due to the weather here, they do not last long in their homes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think they flourish here in Florida around this time of year. For a few years we didn't really see them because my brother killed them all off from the forest but they've made a comeback this year especially. There are at least... five females I can think of that live in my yard. I don't know how many males since they're smaller but if each female has one then five males as well.

Years
I don't think my yard has too much of a problem with spiders, but I could be wrong about that. Usually if I see a spider it's the ones that are smaller than one's fingertips.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Banana spiders aren't very common where we live. I think I've seen only one or two of them on a tree once, and that should be it. For us, the most common type of bugs are stink bugs. They could be found in the front lawn of our neighbors' houses almost every day. We also have a few stick bugs around. The scariest thing about them is their size. They could be pretty huge sometimes.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I think spiders are cute, but that may be because there are not many poisonous ones in my town... that's when I feel that their webs around the house seen to be a good place to trap mosquitoes.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I think spiders are awesome. I always thought they looked really cool, plus they kill mosquitoes. If you don't like spiders...
Spoiler:

I haven't seen a banana spider, but there was this really big spider, about 8 inches long, that made its web on our back door once. It scared my mom about half to death every time she looked at it. Our dad had to eventually destroy the web and move the spider.

Sirfetch’d

There is too much spider talk in this DCC for me. I am cringing at the pure thought of spiders and now I feel as of they are crawling on me :((

...ok I am being dramatic, but I liked it when we discussed food and puppies instead :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Don't be scared of arachnids... they're pretty cool anyway, with all this poisonous stories all over them.

But puppies beat spiders, so I'm sad I never had a puppy. But I played with my neighbour's puppy, though. I got licks all over my face.

Sirfetch’d

I love puppies, but I don't want to have my face licked by one. I'm not sure why, but it's just a pet peeve of mine.

terrible pun

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I love getting licked on the face by my pets, but not after I find out what they've been eating. Especially since I'm vegetarian...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I love it when my cat pushes her head against me, but I don't like it at all when she licks me. It's cute when she licks me, but she might have a lot of germs on her tongue, which may make me sick. d:

I've never had a puppy before, but we did have a dog once. Unfortunately, it had passed away when it was only eight years old. We may get ourselves a puppy at some point in the future though, but right now, we already have a cat to take care of that likes to cause a lot of trouble.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Mmm tell me about it. Cats are never different in causing trouble. Especially when they have litters around the house. Disaster. My cat has given birth to nine kittens over three years, and all of them are female. God, horrifying.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've never had a cat before. I see cats as being a little too independent and one can never truly tell what state of mind they are in. Like, they can suddenly lash out at you for no apparent reason. That's why I prefer dogs instead! Dogs never hide their emotions and seem to be more loyal and loving than cats imo.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Cats are very selfish and don't care about their owners, it is their unpredictable antics that we take interest in and get charmed and call it cute. Dogs are very loyal, and they have a very apparent conscience. See a dog happy after disobeying its owner? Nope. They go and lick up our face asking for forgiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back