• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm reminded that there's something called indie movie or something in my country, and it's made from their own pleasure and budgets. It's because they're born not from professional film makers, but they want to make it for the sake of the pleasure in it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Indie seems to be a very broad term. There's "indie" which is short for independent music/fillms or music from smaller lesser known labels and then there's "indie" which is indie rock and indie pop which both are considered a genre of music . I personally do call both a genre of music as it differs from independent music which is a pretty wide spectrum of genres depending on what the artist makes.

Years
    Anything Indy, Indie, or Independent is basically something made by a person or a group of people not associated with any sort of record label or similar for various media.

People often confuse Indie music with alternative pop because they have the same sound as independent records despite being signed to a huge label.

It's not specifically alt pop but that's the most popular independent music.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    ..Oh! After reading Plumpyfoof's post, I now know what 'Indie' stands for >< I first thought it stood for Indian-ish genre of music lol. I feel so much smarter and well-informed now.

Hmm.. I don't listen to Indie music (or rather I don't consciously listen to it). I don't even know how Indie music actually sounds like.. Perhaps I should give it a try.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Well go by your definition, but I guess the definition/label of what "Indie" is subjective. Personally I think that it has a certain sound to it, and just because it's on a major label, doesn't mean it's not indie rock/pop. And personally I've never heard "alternative pop" just alternative rock. Though then again, alternative rock is a big umbrella of genres too, indie rock being one of them. And by Indie I mean the certain genre , which is , imo a genre of music.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    BiS is taking me on my offer to dance?

Um, okay. Just leave the sword at home. We're swinging bodies here, not katanas. D;

Years
    Yes! I love dancing, but I don't have anyone to dance with : (

"i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
    to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
    the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
    to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat"

Let's dance! Does anyone else dance alone at home? : P

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Arh, dancing. I hate it. Partly because I can't do it for my life, partly because I can't see the fun in it.

Side note: I'm not a fan of handegg, but this was amazing :O
    Spoiler:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    It's a lot of fun, though! To be able to groove with your friends, I dunno, it's a joy for me. 8D

Wow, what game was that? also, handegg? really?

Sir Codin

Meh. Never was much into American football. Or as I like to call it: "rugby for pussies."

Years
    Meh. Never was much into American football. Or as I like to call it: "rugby for pussies."

Funny you say that, I do recall an American comedian freaking out about Australian rules Football when he visited Australia because they get like 6 feet in the air and hit the ground without any padding on.
    But I think Rugby tackles are a lot more brutal.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Don't people regularly die in Muay Thai?

That makes Thailand much more manly than Australia, where the most you can get is a crippling neck injury. And death. Oh yeah. And the spiders.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    The protection paddings for football players are so they won't get injured as much as they do. Before they had all those huge paddings, football athletes were suing the company because of all the damage their bodies have taken over the years of their careers. So the NFL decided to put even more protections for them, which helped but still have athletes with permanent body injuries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back