• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    ^ Yup, lol. Basically the protection pads are not because the players are required to have them to play, it's because the NFL don't want tons and tons of lawsuits from their players.

And droomph, to your question about Muay-thai, official tournaments sanctioned by any legal gym or by IFMA don't let any cheap shots so dying in one of those is HIGHLY unlikely. But they also have underground tournaments which doesn't have any rule whatsoever. So elbow strikes and cheap shots are mostly used in those and people have higher chances of dying due to it being underground and no restrictions.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Well that jut makes Thailand manlier.

They use children, they say "f the po-lice", and die for entertainment, and encourage the use of hookers.

I'd say that's pretty manly. Except for the prostitutes part. That's sad. And horrible for the little girls' psyches.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    From what I heard from a friend (He's Thai)

It's actually pretty rough there, mostly the downtown part. But they have suburbs where it's really nice, calm and peaceful. But yea, Thailand is really dangerous at night.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Just like the bay area.

It's nice here in the suburbs but once you get to Oakland be prepared for the ghetto people to come mug you. It's practically a policy :p the fee to get into Oakland is either allthe contents of your purse or some 'hood kid stabs you. Or both.

Also I should mention that when I say ghetto, I don't just mean black people. Horrible people come in every race and color. Especially around here.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Hahahaha, either you get stolen or stabbed or both, LOL.

Montreal is actually pretty nice. We had like 12 murders since January, which is alright...right? xD

You can go outside at like 2am in the morning and you don't have to fear for your life :P
    You can see some drunks here and there, but the worst they will do is make you believe in their conspiracy theories LOL.

Years
    Toronto has 18 murders, yes! Also, I agree, Canada is generally nice. The bad parts of town aren't terrible, or at least they were a lot worse when I heard about them vs. when I get there.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    That's nothing guys! St.Louis , my city, is constantly being place in the top 5 (currently ranked 4th I think) as most dangerous city in the US. XD We had 113 murders last year. 38 homicides this year so far. bragging rights oh yeah

Despite all the crime here , it's actually pretty nice from my perspective.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Most of the crime in San Diego happens in South County rather than North. When I lived there two years ago for school, I witnessed a gang-related stabbing at the trolley station...and trust me, it was bloody, and it was horrible to see. But then again, South County is more ghetto than Downtown or North.

As for this stupid town where I live in currently, the worst crimes to occur here are shoplifters and carjackings. That is all, really.

Sir Codin

Given what I've heard on NPR today, both Canada and the U.S. are relatively safe compared to Honduras.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    You know what? As much as I hate death and violence, if it happens, I want it to happen around me.

I want to have a reason to be against violence, see? I don't just want to be one of those crazy Christian guys on TV talking about the gays even though he hasn't been within 50 miles of one his whole life. For all I know, it could be the best thing in my whole entire life and I'm against it.

That's probably not the case, but in this crazy peehole of a world I wouldn't be surprised if violence was "great" or something.

Note that I don't advocate violence though. Not yet, and never will (hopefully).

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Summer Paradise Chit-Chat! (Rule removed, read first post!)

Honduras is actually really dangerous. You could go there and see people carrying around machetes, firearms and other weapons and people are so used to it now, they just walk by. Normally it was quiet back there until mid 2000's until the economy broke down and crime became a way to live off. I was actually surprised that Honduras actually surpassed Salvador and Brazil for the highest murder rate in the world. Luckily me and my dad went there when it was still calm and could walk around outside without getting killed or mugged.

My dad is from Honduras, so I got to know these stuffs from him.

Years
    I've been threatened to be stabbed twice, once at my local train station and one on the same line. I've been attacked by a guy with a knife at my local station once because one of the guys i was with was wearing a top hat.
    But otherwise it's not such a bad place.

Speaking of train stations, in Melbourne they hand out newspapers to read on public transports called the MX and there is a section where you can do shout outs to people you see on the train and stuff. Guess who got a mention? Yup that's right, me! Probably. I mean the description was accurate enough right?

Years
    My hometown isn't the best, but my specific neighborhood is rather safe with hardly any crimes (for the time being).. I say for the time being because there's a new store going in south of my neighborhood and it worries my parents that crime rates might increase, specifically from robberies and even trespassing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    This reminds me of a town near me that has this one street with a nice end and a dodgy end. You can so easily tell where the nice end finishes and the nasty end begins because the nice end has beautiful new display homes and perfectly mown lawns and then at a certain point it trails off into graffiti and tyres sitting on lawns.

Years
    Are those tires free for the taking? Cuz I heard tiring flipping is a good workout. Or you could put two of those on a broomstick and bench some :P

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    i don't understand everyone's fascination with australia it's a terribly scary place to live with terribly feral areas

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back