• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
  • I think they're referring to the "white collar" American accent, as opposed to the "Southern", "New York", "Boston", etc. (otherwise known as the "white people" accent)

As for Scottish accent, here's what I can tell:

- "ch" is "x" (as in "achmed" :p) whenever not explicitly "tch"
    - "h" turns into "ch"
    - "r" becomes "rr" or an awkward combination of both
    - a "short" vowel followed by a "stop" consonant (eg "not") turns into an "ai"/"ae" (eg "do-not"->"dinnae")
    - "ay" isn't pronounced as "strongly", turning into more of "ae"
    - a "weird" vowel (such as "hot" or "hen") gets turned into the closest "true" vowel (aeiou)
    - "ai"->short "e"

I don't even

I guess I'm just gonna have to listen to Craig fergusson for the rest of my life

Last edited:

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
    Years
  • It can be confusing when accents get in the way of how words are pronounced:

American accents say Ras"eb"errys and New Zealand accents say Ras"ab"berrys.

And there are a few more differences in the way we say the same spelled words like a G can sound like a J coming from a American accent to me

Sir Codin

So overall, made back the money I lost here in Vegas so far.

I could've earned that and more by working for a day, which I do. Herein lies the impracticality of gambling. You win some, you lose some, but mostly you lose some then get pissed off.

Or like me, you usually end up leaving with what you came in with and realized it was all a waste of time. But hey, at least you still feel like a winner. Sort of...

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Lol maybe I'm playing too much Pokémon but everybody I know and I pronounce it "Razz Berry" :p

So overall, made back the money I lost here in Vegas so far.

I could've earned that and more by working for a day, which I do. Herein lies the impracticality of gambling. You win some, you lose some, but mostly you lose some then get pissed off.

Or like me, you usually end up leaving with what you came in with and realized it was all a waste of time. But hey, at least you still feel like a winner. Sort of...

It's a lot better than wasting your time playing games though because you have the possibility of making money

(And if this message is screwed up it's cecause imm on my iPod right now and it can't handle the awesome lol)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm probably gonna stay away from gambling at cassinos. I can't say I'm gonna remain clean from gambling because I could still buy lottery tickets, which is technically gambling (even though I haven't bought my first lottery ticket just yet).

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
    Years
  • Yeeeahhh.. power ball / lotto is about the only form of gambling that I do.

Because the tickets have always been either 1 or 2 dollars.

Years
  • Oh gosh, Powerball would be a huge jackpot to win. Same with Mega Millions. It was a huge hype out here a few months ago when that senior citizen won the large Powerball jackpot just north of my hometown.

In other news, good morning everyone. How's your day?

Years
  • Speaking of money, remember as a kid when $5 was this huge amount of money? Like if your grandparents gave you $5 you felt like you could buy the whole candy shop?
    Yeah I've returned to that. #unilyf #yoloswag #whydoespcnothavehashtags?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I remember when I was given my first $10 bill at 7 years old, I wanted to buy all of Walmart because I felt rich. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Oh gosh, Powerball would be a huge jackpot to win. Same with Mega Millions. It was a huge hype out here a few months ago when that senior citizen won the large Powerball jackpot just north of my hometown.

In other news, good morning everyone. How's your day?
    I used to buy lottery tickets a little bit, of course I never won anything. I wouldn't even know what I'd do if I ever did win, all that money @_@ at least I wouldnt have to worry about being unemployed so much, but of course I'm extremely unlikely to ever win. I sort of want to buy lottery tickets now just to take the chance :P even though it's a waste most of the time.

Speaking of the lottery, if you ever did win a jackpot, what would you do with the money? I would buy myself a nice house, donate some to charity take nice vacations and save the rest.

Years
  • Hahaha I'd buy a car, a house, and save! Probably prepare to retire early or plan to work light schedules for the rest of my life.

TY

Buy a car for sure, and i prolly save up the rest. Im not someone who would spend a lot and act different when i win the lottery (though i would like to buy a top hat did i ever manage to win the lottery, and maybe a monocle... Nah that would be silly xD)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Are you saying or assuming?

Cause trust me. It was bliss. I've never been more happy to be a bad skater, ever. Falling down was like heaven for once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back