• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I have never even tried skating before, and I'm not sure if I want to, tbh.. if I was scared of falling off a bike, then I probably should feel the same for skating, even though the two are completely different.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Zach, just do a lot of holding onto the walls. XD

Are you saying or assuming?

Cause trust me. It was bliss. I've never been more happy to be a bad skater, ever. Falling down was like heaven for once.

Saying. I'm just really used to skating during winter, so for it to be mid-summer when I go ice skating, my body clock is like "It's not time for this! D:". It's still fun, and you do get a lot less cold. xD

Kano Shuuya

Years
  • XD; Ouch. Hopefully you didn't experience anything that bad.

Can't say that I've ever done that...

probs because I hold on to the walls for like 30 minutes until I get the hang of it. > >;;

Years
  • my friend taught me how to spin on ice!! i felt so sexy that day

you fall, but you learn to spin. it's all worth it.

ps: haha 69

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I don't think falling is that bad, unless you bust up your hands on the ice. That's pretty painful. A friend of mine actually was trying to skate somewhere so she could talk to someone, didn't slow down enough, and hit a wall. It was funnier than it should have been. X}

Kano Shuuya

Years
  • Rollerblading or ice skating will both knock you on your butt when you're learning, but I think it's worth it when you gain your sense of balance and are able to have fun. -w-

Years
  • I would never be able to learn how to rollerblade or even ice skate, I have balancing problems. Heck I couldn't even ride a bike because I could never keep it straight.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The last time I ever had on rollerskates, I broke my right wrist. I was at a rink, holding onto the walls, and a worker at the rink yelled at me to get away from the wall. As soon as I did, I fell and there went my wrist. Never went skating again.

Bike riding is fun though. I found so many secrets in my neighborhood just by riding around. You see more on a bike than you do in a car.

As for skateboarding, when I was younger, my friend told me to try it. I looked at her like she was crazy. I knew I would fall off.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Why the hell would they tell you toget off the edges lol they never do that at our rink

But then again it's like a run-down shack with employees and an ice machine so I wouldn't expect them to care :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was still riding in roller skates when I was in 8th grade, then I stopped when I got to high school. I still have them in the garage but I am not sure if I have the skills anymore xD

Years
  • I used to love riding around on my scooter (not a power scooter) when I was younger in my neighborhood, and I had gotten very comfortable with that to where I gradually stopped wearing a helmet, though I also took it slower as well. I still have the scooter under my bed to this day, but there's no way I'd ever be able to ride it in this day and age xD

Haha, three JLA collab-themed user posts in a row xD

Years
  • I always imagined I'd snap my ankle in ice skates.

Not keen on scooters, but I used to ride freestyle Bmx as a kid. I was alright too until I face planted a nose manual off the box and shattered both wrists. I then had to push my bike home only for my dad to reply after asking him to take me to hospital "You'll be fine just don't use them so much".
    Gosh dad the pain wasn't already telling me that. My left wrist has permanently displaced carpal bones which are painful sometimes.
    Moral: If you think your health is at risk see a professional, the best you can hope for is a false alarm.

Years
  • Oh, wow. That's... awful. I've heard lots of stories about injuries from someone who used to be a ballerina, like dancing with a staple in your toe. I'm such a wimp that if I thought I was injured I'd always think something was broken and I'd want to see a doctor.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh goodness I LOVE scooters. They were the easiest to ride in than bikes. Nobody really rides a scooter here because of the metal and metals are good heat conductors (aka they'll burn you). But I'm still a kid at heart and I'd totally own one again. Motor scooters are also amazing. <3

Years
  • I remember they used to be a fad ... 10 YEARS AGO. Now whenever I see a kid with a scooter I say hahaha nobody's gonna wanna play with you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back