• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC GAMER #2

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • PC GAMER #2

Sorry for the long wait people, and I hope you appreciate the new look, courtesy of Atomic_Reactor. My computer's CPU fan died, so the release of this had to be released, but I hope that it is well worth the wait.
    ~Yuoaman~

PC GAMER #2

This time around we have two interviews, from two great developers from our community, Crazy Weavile, developer of Pokemon Titanium and Iron, and OmegaGroudon, developer of Pokemon Raptor.

PC GAMER #2

CRAZYWEAVILE

Okay, first of all: thank you very much Crazy Weavile for allowing me to interview you. Now onto the first question:
    What first got you interested in Game Development?

--No clue exactly what, really. It just seemed interesting

Okay, thank you. Now what were your inspirations for T/I?
    A crapload of things, to be honest. For example, T/I is very nonlinear- you can beat GENESIS before the fifth Gym, or you can wait until you're the Champion to go through Stone Forest if you take the right roads through the game. Obviously, there's an easy, predefined path, but you can break from that where you see an opportunity. You can thank Metroid for that. Story-wise, it's intended to be deceptively simple- at first glance, it's a simple good-versus-evil tale, but if you look in depth at the game, scour the GENESIS bases for clues, you can really see a lot more. ...Actually, you can thank the 3D Metroid games for that, too, now that I think about it. I've half a mind to stick a Metroid Pokemon in there as a little tribute. *laughs*

A Metroid Pokemon...interesting... Anyway, why did you decide to make two versions of your game, rather than one, like most Developers on the forum?

--...I was kidding about the Metroid Pokemon.
    But anyway... Two versions provide a far more reasonable way to distribute Pokemon. Version exclusives mean that you don't have to cram as much into smaller areas, and thus that they're actually EASIER to find- trading is easier than finding the wanted Pokemon when it shares that route with 20 other species.

Makes sense... Now, Weavile, what projects on PC do you think have the greatest potential, or chance at succeeding?

--Well...
    Scarlet I like, although I've never been big on playing as an existing character. Still, it's rather above average. NeoEras should be fun... if they speed up Surf. I don't want to spend four hours going from place to place. Lost World will either be great or abysmal- the potential of a game involving all the regions is immense, but a coherent story spanning all of them will be a challenge, as will a proper balance of difficulty.

Thank you Weavile. Do you have any tips that you'd like to pass on to aspiring game developers in the community?
    --Don't get attached to material. I had to cut out a sequence I loved after the GENESIS base because it didn't really fit.

O_o you cut out material... lol Anyways, Weavile, for my final question: Are there any hints you can give about any upcoming updates?
    --Of course I did; everyone does. A game has to be made of solid parts, and sometimes you have to remove those that aren't so solid.
    Yes indeed. If you recall, I gave a little teaser with a row of trees a while back. Compare that teaser to the first routes of all the main series Pokemon games.
    T/I Thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80882

PC GAMER #2

OMEGAGROUDON

Okay, thank you OmegaGroudon for the interview. And onto the first question:
    What first got you interested in Game Making, and how long have you been doing it?

-- I always checked around in Game Development before I start learning Game Making. I really like how people did on their games. Then I tried to learn for myself. I used RMXP for about 2 years.

What are some of the other projects which you have worked on?

--None, no any other project except Raptor.

Where do you draw inspiration from?

--. Other games on PC.

What games on PC do you think have the greatest potential?
    -- I think Pokemon R/S/E Legend was a great game.

How is it that you've been able to make such amazing progress on Raptor in such a short time?
    -- Just work on it non-stop.^^

Do you have any tips for people who want to become Game Developers like yourself?
    Tips huh? Actually no. Just don't easily give up your project.

And, a final question; any hints for what may happen next, story-wise, in Raptor?

-- Haha. Can't tell. Its a secret. Just wait for the screenshots.
    Raptor Thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=111656\

PC GAMER #2

This issue we have several screens from Crazy Weavile's exciting project, Pokemon Titanium and Iron! I hope that you enjoy them.
    PC GAMER #2

T/I Thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80882

PC GAMER #2

Welcome to Atomic_Reactors "Loud Corner" This is where I will rant on about stuff annoys me, or things that I like. Unfortunately you won't be hearing me rant until the next issue ^_^
    So for now, just don't annoy me so you won't appear in this section lol XD

~Atomic_Reactor~

EDITORS NOTE

The polls for Developer of the Month, and Game of the Month will run outside of this thread, and run for two weeks, so on the 10th-12th we'll have the results posted in PC Gamer #3, and the winners will receive a virtual ribbon! (Yeah... we're cheap at PC Gamer...

And, next issue we will hopefully have a review of Houndoom's Pokemon Scarlet.

Also; we are still searching for other employees, so contact me if you are interested.

Also; a special thanks goes out to Atomic_Reactor who designed our new icons! :D

PC Gamer #1 for those who missed it: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144081

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Once i know hot to do those CSS posts, it will look a lot better

^_^
    i love the previews :O

Yuoaman

Years
  • Yeah, that PORYGONADV is soooo awesome! I cannot wait to play it!

Yep, we get to see AR whine about noob developers!

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
    Years
  • Actually, the proper spelling is PorygonADV. It's PORYGONADV in the screens for the same reason Gardevoir is GARDEVOIR.

Also, a suggestion. Perhaps keep links to older issues at the end of an issue for those who missed them?

Atomic Reactor

i thought you were jsut going to post this in the other thread... =/

o, and can you edit the post so it says
    ~ Atomic_Reactor ~
    below the loud corner?

Yuoaman

Years
  • Of course, I'll do what you two suggested when I get on later, and I'll post links to the mentioned projects.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • asome yuoa. this issue looks great. but perphaps make like one thread for disscussion of the issues, who's been reviewed and wat they said. links the the threads of each issue. since it will be like maybe a mounth after each release for the next one. and cant wait to get mine up there as well. yeah for omega's and CW's review. great issue anyways and keep up the good work on the next installment dude (yes i know AT i wont get lazy around you lolz)

Josh1billion

Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    I still think you should strongly consider a name change. PC Gamer is already the name of a huuuuuuugely mainstream magazine.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    You could make it something like PokéGamer... Or maybe just plain PC Gaming.

Oh, and I'll be giving an interview in the next issue of PC Gamer!

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • yay hoomdoomed's issue. cant wait for it. i really want to see your advice and stuff. and yea PC gaming sounds pretty cool

Josh1billion

Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    Oh yeah, if you want to interview me, I'm willing to participate. :) I'm a fairly experienced game developer/programmer with programming experience in C++ and PHP. You can see my games at https://www.joshforde.com .

I don't write Pokemon fan-games, as I generally only write original projects. One of my games though, Seeds of Time Online, does take some inspiration from Pokemon in its monster-catching/raising feature (including a Nature system), though that's only one small feature of the large game.

Yuoaman

Years
  • Ah darn, the cat's out of the bag... now there's no surprise XD

Josh... I might just take you up on that offer, of course not for the third issue, which is nearly done, and will hopefully be released on the 14th, thought it is likely it may not be released until the 16th, so don't get your hopes up.

But Josh, I'll probably be contacting you in the near future.

And if anyone else would like to be interviewed, or submit content for the publication, please PM either myself or Atomic_Reactor, and you may just get it in the next issue.

Josh1billion

Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    Cool. :) I look forward to participating.

If you can, send me an e-mail from my website when you're ready instead of a PM on here, because I'll likely see the e-mail faster. I'll be out of town this weekend, but I'll try to reply quickly.

Back