• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Gamer #1

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    This is a new web-zine for these forums, in the vein of Dash's PokeCommunity Monthly and it's predecessors, hence the name. Rather than commit to a weekly schedule, as Dash attempted, I decided that right from the beginning this would be a bi-monthly publication, to reduce the load on me, but still provide enough information to the readers. So, without further adieu, welcome to the first issue of PC Gamer!

PC Gamer #1

PC Gamer #1
    This is the section of the issue where we interview members of the PC Game Development community (obviously). Enjoy.​

PC Gamer #1

Thank you Krimm for the interview, now onto the first question. What first got you interested in Game Making, and how long have you been doing it?

-- What first got me interested is when I stumbled upon the project 'Pokegen' or Pokemon Weather. Hmm. How long I've been doing it... I'd have to say 3 years at this point ^^

What was your first project named?

-- Hmm. Oh! It was Pokemon Green Jade and Red Garnite XD

I honestly must say I've never heard of those projects XD. Now, where did you draw inspiration for NeoEras?

-- Well, the inspiration wasn't exactly 'drawn' out of anything. Where the ideas of NeoEras came from would probably be assorted qualities from the past old games presented in a new ways. Otherwise everything else just sort of..came.

What games on PC do you think have the greatest potential?

-- Pokemon Amythest, of course. I am in love with all things about this game XD. Pokemon Protectors, who wouldn't say so? The game has an incredible creator. Lastly, but certainly not least, Pokemon The Cerulean Sky, with a creator who can definitely make things happen.

Thank you for your answers Krimm, now can you tell us a little more about this resource sharing between your project and Archayos' 'The Cerulean Sky?

-- lool... It's a pretty generic thing. Archayos was always my scripter in a way, helping me through events and things with RMXP to help the game get done. So my way repaying back might be letting him use some ideas found in NeoEras, such as the Fruit Trees or maybe the small cliff stairs. So we just sort of pass ideas and content with our games to each other.

Do you have any tips for those who wish to become game developer?

-- Work hard! Pay attention to the small details, study larger games, and understand the interface of the real games. Through doing those you'll be able to create a well rounded fangame ^^

Again, thank you for allowing me to interview you Krimm, hope to see more of your project in the future!

PC Gamer #1
    This is the section of the issue, where we show the reader some screens, or other exclusive content from prominent projects in the community. Enjoy.

PC Gamer #1

Say hello to several screens, and some new, rather exciting features and anouncements, from Waudby's amazing project 'Pokemon Odyssey which has been a major project on the forums since its unveiling on April 11th.

Now enough shuffling around, I know that you're waiting to see those screens, and I won't disappoint you. Say hello to these screens, exclusive to PC Gamer!​

PC Gamer #1
    PC Gamer #1
    PC Gamer #1
    PC Gamer #1
    PC Gamer #1
    PC Gamer #1
    PC Gamer #1
    PC Gamer #1

Now, if those screens just didn't cut it for you (you have quite some nerve!), PC Gamer also has several Announcements from Waudby which should brighten your mood considerably! Read ahead for these and more!

New Region:

Waudby has announced that he will be including a new region in Odyssey! The new region is going to be called, The Alphen Region, it's west of the Everglade region.

New Feature:

One new feature announced by Waudby is that the players will be able to travel to Halfway Island, and take a boat to get the the Alphen Region.

Another announcement is that Waudby will, over time release newer versions of old Everglade maps, players can then load these into their games, and have new areas of old places to explore, for instance;

As the player travels through the region, they may see an area that is having some work done on it, maybe men standing outside blocking the way, and perhaps the player might think, I get to explore that after I've done a certain part in the game, well that's not the case.

The map packs that will be released released, will allow you to explore areas like that. It may mean an extra cave to explore, or perhaps even a new town or village may have been built.

Odyssey's main thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133290

PC Gamer #1

Krimm, who was interviewed earlier, has also released a couple of screens for you to peruse in this publication, I hope that you enjoy them.​

PC Gamer #1
    PC Gamer #1

NeoEras main thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141038

NOTES:​
    Next issue, on July 15th, aprox, I will open a poll for both 'Developer of the Month', and 'Game of the Month, which will run until the first issue of August, and the winner of each will recieve a virtual ribbon!

I am looking for anyone who would like to create custom graphics for this publication, if you are interested, PM me your application, with several examples. Reviewers are also welcome for the publication.

If anyone wants to be interviewed, reviewed, or include anything for a preview just PM me also.

Preview: For the next issue, we will, for sure, be including an interview of OmegaGroudon, the developer of Pokemon Raptor!

THANKS FOR READING

(Our Support Banner:
    PC Gamer #1

Url:https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/yuoaman/PCGAMERSUPPORT.png

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Thanks for bringing something like this back. I remember reading something like these when I first came here.
    Nice to see someone wants to put effort into this "online magazine" style thread.

Enjoyed the first "issue" lol.
    Liked the interview with Krimm, and I'm looking forward to the next one with Omega already.

Yuoaman

Years
    Thanks Neo! That's high praise indeed! And it's great that you're looking forward to the next installment.

Waudby

Awesome work. I enjoyed reading through it. Glad that the Odyssey bit came out so well. I'll be redirecting people here now :)

Josh1billion

Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    Cool, although there is already a major, major magazine with the name PC Gamer.

Yuoaman

Years
    Thanks Red! :P

And Josh, that major magazine is short for "Personal Computer Gamer", while mine is short for "PokeCommunity Gamer", see there's a difference.....

Atomic Reactor

i wish i could be apart of this ;)

lol. keep it up

Yuoaman

Years
    Thanks for the comment AR!

PS. Atomic Reactor, who just commented, is the new Organizer for the publication, which means he basically organizes PC Gamer before it's posted. He'll also be doing interviews when I am unavailable.

Atomic Reactor

Hmm. This looks a lot better when i use safari.
    When i use Internet Explorer, everything expands width wise.
    So for anybody viewing this, i would suggest not using internet explorer.

So yeah, the organization is a lot better than i had previously assumed.
    The next issue will be late due to Yuomans failed computer <_<
    so yeah.

Stay tuned! Woot!

Back