• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Markings

Years
  • I've had thoughts about using it to mark various IVs, but I've never used it in practice. I guess it's an easy thing to forget.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Nowadays, I use them for IVs like everyone else. Back in D/P, I just used them to as labels to tell me which batch of eggs a baby came from.

Like, if a Pokemon was part of the first 5 eggs, they'd have the first symbol marked. If they were in the fourth batch of eggs, they'd have the 4th symbol marked, etc.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I have seen people use them for maxed IVs, but I prefer to give each symbol a meaning, like the heart means it's one of my favorites, the square means a solid IV spread, star means it's great in battle, the diamond means there's a mega stone for it ... etc. That way I can just set the filter to which ones I am looking for and it makes finding them easier if I lose them in some random box.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • i use them to note what ivs are perfect on the pokemon i breed, like a lot of people do. before i started doing that i didn't really use them for anything.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I've only used them once in all my games. It was to mark a Glameow I bred for a friend that had a specific nature. Outside of that, I didn't see much use to them. Any Pokemon I want to mark as special goes into a special box or gets a nickname to differentiate them from others of the same species.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    For what you do I think boxes would be better, because that's what I do for those criteria. I think the markings would be hard to look through.

I use them for IVs.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Before the latest gen I never used them for anything...but I've started marking my main team pokemon I've EV trained with a heart and a star to make sure I never mix them up.

Back