• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Upgrade Thread!!!

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Remember everyone tonight, Sunday January 9, 2005 PC will be shut down at approx 23:00 (11:00PM) PST (that's west coast USA time) GMT -8 for an update to our vB.

During this time you'll recieve a message saying PC is down/closed for maintanence and to try later.. the update should take approx an hour..
    After the update, any hacks/modifications we had, may or may not be availble to use, but we'll re-add them as soon as we can.

Staff and admins: DO NOT USE THE BOARD DURING THIS TIME PLEASE

Post any comments and concerns?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Will the boards be updating to 3.0.4 or 3.0.5??? I didnt get the deal with them being released so close.

Also what times are those for central time?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Aww, I want to spam up the board while it's down. It could be our little admin playground! ^_^

Teasing. None I can think of…do you have the report hack ready incase it breaks, to reinstall?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It won't have any effect on postcounts or any other database related items.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Nah, it's an upgrade. Upgraders are designed to keep everything intact. The only things that may be affected are certain hacks, like Steve and Abby said.

But, you know, this isn't such an important deal that we need an announcement on it. There may be several more releases coming after this, are we going to make announcements for each one of those? Like you said, it only takes an hour. We can live without PC for an hour. o.O

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    If Steve does it right, by doing the modificications by hand, nothing should be broken at all.

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    Weee, an upgrade, sounds exciting. =D I do like it when we get upgrades, it's nice that you all keep PC up to date, it just makes PC a better place to be. ^o^

~Kelsey

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Kairi said:
    Aww, I want to spam up the board while it?s down. It could be our little admin playground! ^_^

Teasing. None I can think of?do you have the report hack ready incase it breaks, to reinstall?
    NO SPAM ^__^*
    Nope i have NO hacks ready nor am i gonna worry about them just yet.. my fist priority is securing PC (and my server) the hacks and mods will come later - you admin/prea's can help with that if you want.

JKaizer said:
    If Steve does it right, by doing the modificications by hand, nothing should be broken at all.
    Not gonna happen.. I'll be doing the update late in the evening and won't have time nor the motivation to do a manual update, sorry.

PiroMunkie said:
    This shouldn't alter currents threads/post count etc. Correct?
    No data, short of the back-end files, will be affected. You're posts, post counts, profiles, etc will not change.

amphros23 said:
    Will the boards be updating to 3.0.4 or 3.0.5??? I didnt get the deal with them being released so close.

Also what times are those for central time?
    it'll be to 3.0.5, a critical security update from 3.0.4
    Ummmm, about 21:00 (9:00PM) CST or around there. You'll all know when as the forum will display the maintinace message and not allow you to enter.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I can't help remembering when the database screwed up at SPP and everyone had to reregister and everything. It's funny looking back at it with hyancide, but it certainly wasn't funny then XD Hopefully that shouldn't happen here... I think o.o

To work out the time when PC'll come down, just add or subtract the number of hours from the GMT exact time of 7:00am. So... people in Western Europe such as France and Germany would be 8:00 and etc ^_^

Years
    So, PC is getting an upgrade? Sounds cool. Will PC be changed in any way? Amd it's good that our post counts, profiles and all that data will remain the same. I guess PC will be a lot better later than it is now, right?

Suz

Ta-daaa~!
    Years
    an upgrade shuld be fun! *thinks what PC will be like with an upgrade*
    so, no one can post during that time, rite?

edit: ohh yes, what time will this be in CST? ^^'

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    If you need to find out the exact time, it's about 10 hours and 43 minutes from now. ^^;

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Hmmmm...
    I Probably Won't Be On At That Time So It's Fine...
    Anyways An Upgrade?
    Cool!
    Hope It Brings Cool Features!

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    It's fine to me, I have the time at GMT-6, so 11:00 PM plus two hourse it will be at 1:00 AM to me, no problem with that, I will asleep when the upgrade happens, tomorrow I have school.

Back