• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, seeing as how the Side-Tournies tourned out, I'm not sure if they're a good idea. Though I'll admit the regular tourney was just as bad this summer. So I might give it another go, starting it if and only if 16 people sign up for it.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I just think it would be helpful to anyone that wanted to participate in the tourney but couldn't due to no Wi-Fi. (Like myself)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, I am going to post the semi-final now. Aurasphere will be getting the coveted lucky-loser spot, moving on the semi-final. Because you lost your match, you will be being paired with this quartet of members who don't have their results. XD

Semi-Final

_Prince_ VS lazybob5

Aurasphere VS Xairmo/Dark_Azelf/POKEMASTERALEX/World King's Lugia

As for Dark_Azelf, Xairmo, POKEMASTERALEX, and World King's Lugia: come Saturday, I won't give any more extensions. I will select the user who has been the most active since I paired you all together, and that'll be it. You will also be able to battle any of the other three people between now and Saturday(ie. POKEMASTERALEX could battle Dark_Azelf or Xairmo if he finds them online while he is). However, this will just take the loser out of the tournament, and I'll still DQ based off activity for the remaining three. Furthermore, if either of the intended battles take place, the winner will move on regardless of activity. XD got that everyone? :D

I really do not like DQ'ing people based on activity, but I will if I have to come Saturday. So until then, good luck!

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Great!

I just contacted lazybob5, have to wait for his reply now.

He's such a jerk when it comes to PC :P He never logs on, I guess he only really likes battling and not the forum aspect of the place. Well, I see him this weekend so I'll tell him to get his butt on wifi at night to battle you, Prince.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    He's such a jerk when it comes to PC :P He never logs on, I guess he only really likes battling and not the forum aspect of the place. Well, I see him this weekend so I'll tell him to get his butt on wifi at night to battle you, Prince.
    It would be awesome if all of the combatants knew someone like you, Ryan. :D

And just a notice for those checking: I'll be updating the rules again, mainly adding some new stuff and whatnot. It should be finalized by the end of this Tourney. ^^

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    It would be awesome if all of the combatants knew someone like you, Ryan. :D

And just a notice for those checking: I'll be updating the rules again, mainly adding some new stuff and whatnot. It should be finalized by the end of this Tourney. ^^

I try. XD It's a pretty easy method. "Hey there! I'm Ryan, be my friend and I'll make you cookies. And kick your butt when you don't finish your battles."

Might those rules include a new OU/BL/UU legend cap?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    The way it looks I will lessen the legends-ban even further, restricting only the number of OU legends. I'll see how it goes, and decide if it's going to stay for the 7th Tournament.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Really, UU and BL legends are in their respective tiers for a reason....Allowing more than one of these shouldn't alter the competition terribly. It's not like "ZOMG you're using Raikou and Articuno at the same time...how am I supposed to win now?!?!"

And if they do complain....it's probably because they suck lost. =)

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Haha, I agree with that. I mean, limiting OU legends to maybe like, 3 on a team would probably be a perfect idea. Nobody uses like, Azelf/Suicune/Heatran/Zapdos on the same team. People just have a few for support either in tanking, walling, stalling, sweeping, etc. So yeah, three gets my vote :P

As for UU (Phione and Articuno? Um...) and BL (Hello Regirock, meet STAB Hydro-Pump) they can totally be unrestricted.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years

Ok thanks =]

Hmm...I still think all OU legends should be allowed. They are not more powerful than the current OU pokemon. If they were I think we'd have seen a ban on them, right? k I know I'll never win against you guys anyways...

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Ok thanks =]

Hmm...I still think all OU legends should be allowed. They are not more powerful than the current OU pokemon. If they were I think we'd have seen a ban on them, right? k I know I'll never win against you guys anyways...

Well they're all certainly allowed, of course. The problem is, nobody ever uses an entire team of OU legends anyway because they don't all offer the support a team needs to win here (usually.) It shouldn't be a problem to toss the ban on at about three OU's per team, that gives people the chance to still use like Suicune, Heatran, and Azelf on the same squad if they wanted to while still keeping it "fair".

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    looking for a single, 6v6 battle
    clauses: Sleep Clause, 0HKO clause, Hax item Clause, Species Cause, Self-KO Clause
    PM me about it

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Well they're all certainly allowed, of course. The problem is, nobody ever uses an entire team of OU legends anyway because they don't all offer the support a team needs to win here (usually.) It shouldn't be a problem to toss the ban on at about three OU's per team, that gives people the chance to still use like Suicune, Heatran, and Azelf on the same squad if they wanted to while still keeping it "fair".

I don't see why you can't just let there be no limits on legends.

Back