• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's Future?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I pray to God my kids never join this place, get modded, and see their father's horrible naughty posts in staff forums. Or anywhere really. They'll think "wow my dad was a prick." I agree with Nick, it'd be disturbing if our kids join here. lol

Then again, by then most of us will be admins so we can just erase our past from our children.

Idk about PC's future for me, I see myself staying here for a whiiile, even when I finish uni and stuff. But then again, you never know! And if I could, I'd have 48 hours in a day so I could always make time for PC or something.

Years
    I pray to God my kids never join this place, get modded, and see their father's horrible naughty posts in staff forums. Or anywhere really. They'll think "wow my dad was a prick." I agree with Nick, it'd be disturbing if our kids join here. lol
    I'm counting on all of you to help me raise my grandchildren on here.

I imagine that I'll be around as long as I'm into Pokemon. I've been addicted to the franchise for 11-12 years, and I probably will never grow out of it. However, I can't help but think that forums might become obsolete in the future. It's very likely that they'll either die off, undergo some big changes, or simply be replaced by something new. Some may argue that social media such as Facebook are slowing killing off forums, but what do I know?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

I'm counting on all of you to help me raise my grandchildren on here.
    's long as you return the favor.

I imagine that I'll be around as long as I'm into Pokemon. I've been addicted to the franchise for 11-12 years, and I probably will never grow out of it. However, I can't help but think that forums might become obsolete in the future. It's very likely that they'll either die off, undergo some big changes, or simply be replaced by something new. Some may argue that social media such as Facebook are slowing killing off forums, but what do I know?

I dunno about that... the MySpace fad came and went, and from what I see and hear Facebook is getting less active. Twitter's kind of on the side and not too many people I know pay attention to it.
    But PC's still here and active. *shrug*

Years
    I dunno about that... the MySpace fad came and went, and from what I see and hear Facebook is getting less active.

I highly doubt it'll fade away anytime soon. I mean, it's topped Google as the most visited website daily and has over 500 million users. The only reason I see it disappearing in 10 years is if the company that runs it goes under.

As for PC, I can only see either legal issues or the unwillingness of the owners to continue supporting the site bringing it down in the next 5 years.

Years
    There is no way Facebook is going anywhere, to be honest. Not to sure where you heard that. Mark Zuckerberg is worth Billions ($), and Facebook has hundreds of millions of users. o.o

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If Facebook fails or falls into the back burner, will not a new social medium come about to take it's place? In the case of forums they have been around for quite some time across the internet, some long standing communities and others not. I don't see these communities as a whole being down with any time soon. So as long as the pokemon franchise is around I see no reason why PC wouldn't be.

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Well I am very new and so far I enjoy this forum very much. I have no plans of going anywhere any time soon. As for the older members I think from what I have seen on forums deciding to remain or go is a personal choice. Though I have not been here long enough to say for sure in respect to this particular forum.

There is also no doubt that some of the newer people will be giving great advice to the newer members of that generation.

As for facebook I know for sure it is not going anywhere. It is become a center point for the world at this point or at least a way for communites like this one to fuel themselves. A community is only worth anything if the contant and or ideas it is based on is popular. And Pokemon is showing no signs of getting unpopular at least in the games case anyway. There I have no doubt either that this site will be here for a long time.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    You know, I was thinking while skimming over what some people were talking about with this thread... why should we even worry about what this site is going to be doing in ten years? We should let the site just take its natural course throughout its life cycle. Of course one day Pokecommunity will die - every site eventually does. It's not a bad thing, but if we dwell on that we may be wasting our time while we could be doing more useful things as a whole.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Whether you guys like it or not, I'll be sticking around until the end of PokeCommunity. XP

I don't see myself growing out of Pokemon. I will admit, there's the small possibility that I'd be forced to adapt out of the Anime, but I'll still play Pokemon and enjoy it as a whole. As long as that's true, I'll still be here to exercise social interaction and meet new people that share my interest.

Oh, and yes. I'll be blocking this site from my kid's computers ._.

Years
    There is no way Facebook is going anywhere, to be honest. Not to sure where you heard that. Mark Zuckerberg is worth Billions ($), and Facebook has hundreds of millions of users. o.o

Remember the time Facebook was only used by college kids while Myspace is popular? Now that Myspace is gone and Facebook took the crown, I can count on my fingers how many years will Facebook last until another social networking site takes over. Perhaps "Myyearbook" or "Friendster"?

I'll be here as long as I feel like it :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I will be here as long as I'm a Pokemon fan which I know I'm going to stay as such in the foreseeable future :)
    I can't believe it's only been 9 months since I joined...it seems like forever when I did...though that might be due to my large post count and the length of my conversations with others.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    This forum was the first online community I ever immersed myself in, so it's special to me. I'll never truly forsake this place, even if I go inactive for months.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    It's pretty bittersweet coming on here and posting still, especially since all the members I used to talk to and are friends with are barely on anymore. I miss signing on and having like 5 vms from them and posting everywhere, etc. but I still keep in touch with them, which is probably the best part. I still come on here and lurk and post because I love meeting new people over here and it can be nostalgic ;)

idk, if I find myself having spare time throughout my day with school and all, i'll come on. but i'm sure as I get a job and even more of my new friends on here stop posting, i'll eventually stop too (but i'll still lurk to go through my old posts haha)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Technically, if I had a kid tomorrow (I mean, I am in my twenties, so work with me here. xD), then six years from now, they'd technically be old enough to learn how to type, and go on here. >__>; There are some pretty young kids online, as much I dislike it. I've been here for nearly six years already, so.. dang. Just double my time, and my kid could be posting around, allbeit poorly. XD

Anyway.. something more serious.

I hope PC is around years from now, and I'll stick around regardless of who leaves or who stays, because I'm here just as much for the forum itself, as I am the people on it. I can.. actually see it still being around 6 or so years from now. Why not? It's base fandom will still be alive. You have to remember, Black and White will last for the next three or four years. From what we know, Pokemon isn't stopping after that, so who's to say PC will die off?

I might not stay on staff the whole time, if things come up where I can't (life happens), and the forum might not continue to have 300 people on at once, but 'ey.

Years
    Remember the time Facebook was only used by college kids while Myspace is popular? Now that Myspace is gone and Facebook took the crown, I can count on my fingers how many years will Facebook last until another social networking site takes over. Perhaps "Myyearbook" or "Friendster"?

Problem with that comparison is that MySpace never topped Google in hits per day at any point while Facebook has, and MySpace had nowhere near as many users at its peak as Facebook does right now.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Yes I do intend to move on to other things or places whenever I deem them to be more beneficial.

I highly doubt it'll fade away anytime soon. I mean, it's topped Google as the most visited website daily and has over 500 million users. The only reason I see it disappearing in 10 years is if the company that runs it goes under.

As for PC, I can only see either legal issues or the unwillingness of the owners to continue supporting the site bringing it down in the next 5 years.
    Lols... I'm willing to buy a server to support PC. XD

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I imagine that one day I just won't log on here, and discover that I can survive a day without going on here to post a number in TCTI or post a poem only a few people look at. But I hope I'll stay here a long time, and not fall back into extreme inactivity (like I'm very known for.)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'll be here until I stop going here. And then I won't be here anymore. :]

Really, though, I see myself coming here for quite some time. I've thought about it before but PC isn't kicking me out yet.

Back