• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's Future?

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    Eventually we'll have zero downtime, I'd be a mod, and we'd all be talking about B&W remakes now.

And not to mention we'll have 500PB hard drives with 50 PB of ram and insta-loading web pages. I wish... And it would be the PokeNation instead of PC.

But seriously, I doubt I'll leave here so I'll see this place in that time. (yeah, a 70 year old accessing this site.) but if this site lives to 2030, I can't imagine how fun this place would be.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I would say PC would die when pokemon ends (yes it will have to end, it can't live forever). PC is still going strong and won't fade away anytime soon. So I bet it will die down as soon as pokemon comes to an end, hopefully not anytime soon.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm not sure about PC's future. And I'm uncertain about my future on PC.

I'll stay for as long as life lets me. I'll just need to move along with life, and bind with it's flux. Responsibilities and changes are inevitable. But I think I'll stay for a few more years, take several months-breaks in between. I can't promise anything to PC, and PC can't promise me anything. If all goes well, I'll be signing for the last time after a century. P;

Kurtroll

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    It's impossible to move on from something that doesn't leave.

People comment that I do nothing but "troll" when it's the entire opposite. I set small time to the side to troll when I have nothing else to do. It's a "relaxation" method of mine.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Even when Pokemon eases to exist. We have a community full of ROM hackers and Game Development people. :)

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    No need to worry about "when Pokemon ends". I mean, we just got new games, and they usually then make a third version the next year and then a remake (or vice versa), and then if they make another generation, that will continue. So there's still years.
    My possible future children on a Pokemon forum looking at everything their dad got up too, including noobie days? Now there's a thought that will give me nightmares.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I find it a bit hard to believe that in say 13 years time PC will still be around, let alone still a huge forum as it is now. But you never know, Pe2k has gone for a decade and PC is much huger so it should go on for five more years at least, but I'll be gone by then. Probably.

But lord forbid my children from ever accessing the internet and (impossibly) joining PC and (even more impossibly) finding their father and his 'legacy' (used loosely) on here. It'd be disturbing, at the very least.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    No need to worry about "when Pokemon ends". I mean, we just got new games, and they usually then make a third version the next year and then a remake (or vice versa), and then if they make another generation, that will continue. So there's still years.
    My possible future children on a Pokemon forum looking at everything their dad got up too, including noobie days? Now there's a thought that will give me nightmares.
    Lol it's possible...makes me glad that I don't have too many crazy posts...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't why people are so concerned that if there kids ever registered on this site and found out there account that you as a parent would look bad or embarrassed. If it was me and I had a number of posts I though weren't very becoming of me, I would say too my kids "This is how I used to act, and I am not proud of myself and how I acted during that time here, but I grew and learned from my mistakes. My hope is that you don't repeat the stupid mistakes I did when I was starting out. And if you do make a mistake take it with class and make the best of it." I think this would also apply in real life too if you kids found out about your "misfit" ways of your past. They would need to realize they are kids people live and learn from their mistakes. I don't see anything to be ashamed of. Anyways back too the topic, if Pokemon franchise did some how go out of business anytime soon there would still be people here, just not at the rate that there is now and it would probably slowly decrease year after year upon pokemons down fall, until one point where people stop coming altogether. Honestly though I don't see that happening any time soon.

tl;dr

Years

's long as you return the favor.

I dunno about that... the MySpace fad came and went, and from what I see and hear Facebook is getting less active. Twitter's kind of on the side and not too many people I know pay attention to it.
    But PC's still here and active. *shrug*

Facebook is still growing, I don't think it will die down any time soon. But as for me and the future of PC, as I'm not really a active member, even though I have been here for a while, I can say that I will still go on every now and then. I'm 16 and I'm not a serious serious player of Pokemon, but I enjoy the tactics and it's fun playing Pokemon. But yeah, I'd say as long as I like it, I will go on every now and then.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    Online communities come and go. Sites die down, become less active, etc. All it takes is for there to be more outgoing members then new members for a site to start "dying". It happens to almost all forums, and speculating whether it'll happen to PC is futile.

How soon that will happen though, is the real question. An impossible one to answer without accurate statistics.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I will cast this place into the evil fires of hell. Everyone will burn.

That will be the end of PC.

Nah, jk.

I don't really know or care, to be honest. When this place dies, I'll go somewhere else.

Back