• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pen or Pencil?

pen or pencil

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Hm...I'm one of those "use whatever I can find" people...but I use pencil more often than not, because I don't have/don't know of any pens around here. Except for my micron pen, but that's for drawing, not writing. I did buy a pen for writing from the store, but the stupid thing never worked (even after I had just opened the package)...blah.

I love my .5 mm mechanical pencil. I use it for everything.

Shining Mew

A Mew??!? WHERE
    Years
  • I write like 543538545493 times neater in pencil for some reason o.o And I always end up drawing on myself with the pen xD I like pencils better.. the mechanical ones though o.o

edit: im a retard, i just voted for the wrong one xDDDD

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I use a pencil, I write neater with that than a darn pen, just too rough. >.< Anyways, I write 1000 times neater especially when I write with a machanical pencil! =D

Years
  • I like pens better. You can't erase, but I like how they write better. And they require no sharpening. =D

hm... should change my sig... xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I use erasable pens, so ha! I have to catch my mistakes quickly though. Once it starts to dry it is still erasable, just not as much comes off as it may have before. Pencils for drawing and sketching of course, obviously. Although if I'm not really paying attention to a lesson or I just have a doodle in my head that I want to put on paper before I loose it, if there is a pen in my hand or nearby (ex., at my computer desk I only have pens and one pencil but it isn't sharpened and I'm too lazy to do so), than I'll use that.

Pen or pencil, I still have to improve on my penmanship.

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • I prefer pencils for writing, unless it's one of those really nice pens that looks like a needle at the point. For art, I still prefer pencils, but I always ink my work.

Lady Pearl

Nyago-chan ish sleeping~!
    Years
  • I love pens since they are long-lasting and don't require any sharpening or any limited uses. It emphasizes the image and handles deeper colors than pencils. Pencil erasers might not be great either since they usually get smudgy. I just prefer pens and write with neatness without having to mess up usually. *isn't able to put smileys in her post and begins to cry*

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • OMG, this is like, sooo the most important poll ever made in the history of the universe...

Pencil is far better, and anyone who likes the Pen more is an idiot who deserves to DIE!! GAR!!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    OMG, this is like, sooo the most important poll ever made in the history of the universe...

Pencil is far better, and anyone who likes the Pen more is an idiot who deserves to DIE!! GAR!!
    I really don't appreciate how you're posting such a strong opinion and wishing death upon another over the inferior choice.

A pen is way better, it's permenent, and refillable, and more. You're just trying to avoid the fact of the matter with your 'OMG's and 'GAR!!'s. You'll never learn to accept that your wrong, it's always going to be this way, isn't it?

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Brittany said:
    I really don't appreciate how you're posting such a strong opinion and wishing death upon another over the inferior choice.

A pen is way better, it's permenent, and refillable, and more. You're just trying to avoid the fact of the matter with your 'OMG's and 'GAR!!'s. You'll never learn to accept that your wrong, it's always going to be this way, isn't it?

Uneducated FOOL!

The pencil, since the beginning of time, has been proven to be free of ANY contradictions and constantly comes in through the punch! People like you can't FATHOM the sheer perfectioness of the pencil. You'll be using your pens all your life, and right when your on your death bed, you'll be saying to yourself...

"Gee, my life woulda been better had I used a pencil instead."

Convert, convert now! It's the only right way, your way is wrongWrongWRONG!

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    Pens. I hate writing in pencil, dunno why... Just do. o.o

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    Uneducated FOOL!

The pencil, since the beginning of time, has been proven to be free of ANY contradictions and constantly comes in through the punch! People like you can't FATHOM the sheer perfectioness of the pencil. You'll be using your pens all your life, and right when your on your death bed, you'll be saying to yourself...

"Gee, my life woulda been better had I used a pencil instead."

Convert, convert now! It's the only right way, your way is wrongWrongWRONG!
    I bet you've never seen the miracles of ink. America's roots were written through with ink. What do you think the Constitution would be if we didn't have ink? Yeah, I'll bet you Bill Clinton would have erased the Bill of Rights and then added ammendments saying it's alright to commit adultry!

Pencils are for the moment, Pens are forever. I think you're the uneducated fool. Seriously, I don't even think you've ever used a pen. And later you'll just make up silly examples of why a pencil is better.

Seriously Dakota, I've never really liked you. You're a melodramatic, yet selfish individual, just like your pencil. I bet you disgust your own parents.

Pencils better than Pens... pfft
    Pens have always and will always own pencils.

kthxbai

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Brittany said:
    I bet you've never seen the miracles of ink. America's roots were written through with ink. What do you think the Constitution would be if we didn't have ink? Yeah, I'll bet you Bill Clinton would have erased the Bill of Rights and then added ammendments saying it's alright to commit adultry!

Pencils are for the moment, Pens are forever. I think you're the uneducated fool. Seriously, I don't even think you've ever used a pen. And later you'll just make up silly examples of why a pencil is better.

Seriously Dakota, I've never really liked you. You're a melodramatic, yet selfish individual, just like your pencil. I bet you disgust your own parents.

Pencils better than Pens... pfft
    Pens have always and will always own pencils.

kthxbai

Complete balderdash!

As anyone knows of human imperfection, they know that people make mistakes! And if you make a mistake with a pen, what then? You can do nothing...However, a pencil caters to the basic human psyche of imperfection and allows people to change their mistakes!

I bet you used pen when you were little and decided it was better. How faltering! Any moron can tell a pencil is better! I bet all your pen using friends are outcasted by their peers because of their choice in caligraphy...

You've always made me vomit Brittany, and this just proves you have no sense! Why would someone use a pen! It's like, so the most important thing in the world to use pencil!

Pencil is better than pen...flat out...end of story...to disagree is heresy!!

BOO ya!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    Complete balderdash!

As anyone knows of human imperfection, they know that people make mistakes! And if you make a mistake with a pen, what then? You can do nothing...However, a pencil caters to the basic human psyche of imperfection and allows people to change their mistakes!

I bet you used pen when you were little and decided it was better. How faltering! Any moron can tell a pencil is better! I bet all your pen using friends are outcasted by their peers because of their choice in caligraphy...

You've always made me vomit Brittany, and this just proves you have no sense! Why would someone use a pen! It's like, so the most important thing in the world to use pencil!

Pencil is better than pen...flat out...end of story...to disagree is heresy!!

BOO ya!
    You really understand nothing! The points you listed were based on completely biased, single situation concepts! Through the invention of white out, you can now do anything that you would want to do with a pencil with a pen!

Ofcourse, you were probably sitting in your room twiddling with your pencils during the time of this invention's glory, hanging around with your pencil friends!

For once in my life, I can actually say I despise you Dakota. Your tactics for getting ahead of me in this debate were completely irrelevant, just like the use of a pencil.

It's obvious that a pen is better. Think about it, a student may be forced to write in pencil, but the teacher checks the paper in pen! And why does she do this? Because it's permenent. Without that attribute, how could you trust yourself writing a check?! Ofcourse, you probably never go shopping anyway, except to buy those dreaded pencils.

Dakota! You're moma's so fat, she uses pencils over pens!

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Brittany said:
    You really understand nothing! The points you listed were based on completely biased, single situation concepts! Through the invention of white out, you can now do anything that you would want to do with a pencil with a pen!

Ofcourse, you were probably sitting in your room twiddling with your pencils during the time of this invention's glory, hanging around with your pencil friends!

For once in my life, I can actually say I despise you Dakota. Your tactics for getting ahead of me in this debate were completely irrelevant, just like the use of a pencil.

It's obvious that a pen is better. Think about it, a student may be forced to write in pencil, but the teacher checks the paper in pen! And why does she do this? Because it's permenent. Without that attribute, how could you trust yourself writing a check?! Ofcourse, you probably never go shopping anyway, except to buy those dreaded pencils.

Dakota! You're moma's so fat, she uses pencils over pens!

A simple ploy! The invention of white out was a simple ploy by the evil baby-killing satan worshiping Pen makers to give people a sense of propriety when they make a simple mistake with their hash pens!

Can't you seeeeeee??? Pen's are the work of the devil!! Anyone who uses pens is delivering their soul to hell!!

You family's so ugly, they had to sell their cattle to buy crappy pens!

Pah ha!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    A simple ploy! The invention of white out was a simple ploy by the evil baby-killing satan worshiping Pen makers to give people a sense of propriety when they make a simple mistake with their hash pens!

Can't you seeeeeee??? Pen's are the work of the devil!! Anyone who uses pens is delivering their soul to hell!!

You family's so ugly, they had to sell their cattle to buy crappy pens!

Pah ha!
    I'm afraid your god has blinded you, and your god is obviously not the lord of the christians, because even their scriptures were written in ink, but your foolish mind seems to have forgotten about that.

I can see, that you're just a little nublet, just like every other pencil user there is. A pencil is the invention of the devil. There have been far more flawed pencils than pens. Pencils make kids grow into bad habits and is known as a 'gateway' drug just like dope, and yet you don't care! Think about all of the chewed up pencils there are in the world! How many chewed up pens are there?! Half that amount? Less than half?

You really need get your facts straight Dakota, it's really getting you nowhere in this debate.

Back