• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pencil...Wars! Wood or Mechanical?

Do you prefer Mechanical or Wood Pencil?

• Total voters

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Maybe my most random poll this year.

Do you prefer Mechanical Pencils or the Classy Wood Pencils?

They each have advantages and disadvantages, but for me, wood is the way to go.

Mechanical is ok, but wood is so much better to adjust and sharpen. They are less expensive and you don't have to lose lead anytime :P.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I hate pencils, but the old-fashioned wooden ones I prefer since the mechanical ones break too easily (and finding the right lead is more challenging than it is worth).

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I prefer good ol' wooden pencils. They just feel better I guess. But honestly, they're just pencils. Either one is fine. XD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I prefer mechanical pencils. They're easier to use and you don't have the same hassle to sharpen them. The only thing you need is to refill it with lead. Also, mechanical pencils don't have their points dulled out like classic pencils, which is very difficult to read when they're super dull. I've yet to expirience a mechanical pencil with a super dull point so that's why I choose it.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Depends on what I'm using them for. For writing and random sketches I use the mechanical pencils because it's so much easier to control the stroke. I really only use the wooden pencils when I draw for school or am shading.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I prefer Wooden pencils.
    Mechanical pencils are good and all but I just don't find them comfortable. Dunno why.
    I have been using wooden pencils for a long time and I have grown used to them, but I won't mind using mechanical pencils if I have to.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    First off,I prefer both of them,but would rather stick to a regular wood pencil then a mechanical cause the lead always breaks on me. I'm a fast writer after all ;p.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I've always used wood and I don't think I'd change now. Wood's a lot easier to sharpen, come in bigger variates and are a lot cheaper. Wooden pencil markings I tend to find are easier to rub out as well. :/

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    For writing - mechanical, not having to sharpen them makes life easier.
    For Drawing - wood, because there is better control

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I end up breaking the lead of mechanical pencils and run out pretty quickly as a result. So yeah, I prefer to have the wooden style though I'd rather not have to sharpen it like the mechanical ones.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I prefer mechanical ones for the mere fact that you don't have to sharpen them.
    I hate when wooden pencils get really, really small. But it would seem like a waste to just throw them away.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I love my Mechanical pencil.
    The fact that sharpening and the mess it makes is eliminated is great for me. Also, this can be fixed, but when using them for writing an essay or for a long period of time, wooden pencils hurt my fingers...

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I love mechanical pencils. They write a lot better than wood pencils, you don't have to worry about them getting dull, and they last longer. And usually you can just refill them with lead when you're out, unless they're disposable.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I prefer the old ones, wood pencils. They don't easily break like mechanical pencils. Wooden pencils are easy to erase than the mechanical pencil because they're too sharp. I find wooden pencils comfortable.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    Mechanical. Not only I like to honor Lazlo Biro, but I can't stand the sound of graphite on paper

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Has to be the wooden Pencil. mechanical just doesn't give as good a quality drawings in my opinion and they snap easier.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Traditional pencils. Mechanical pencils simply don't cut it when I'm drawing, and drawing is the only thing I do with pencils. I have nice gel pens for writing...

Plus I like to act hardcore by sharpening it with a knife, can't do that with mechanicals.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    The wooden ones. I just can't write/draw with mechanical pencils without breaking the lead atleast three times every 10 seconds.

Back