• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pencil...Wars! Wood or Mechanical?

Do you prefer Mechanical or Wood Pencil?

• Total voters
    Years
    I prefer mechanical pencils. I don't use pencils that often, and if I do, it's just for writing. Mechanical pencils work well for that. The lead can be a bit hard to work with sometimes, but it's better than using wood.

Also, I hate sharpening pencils, especially when the sharpener's crap and ruins your pencil. :(

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I've found that mechanical pencils smear like hell, especially when you try to draw with them. Wooden ftw.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I haven't used a pencil or pen in the longest time XD; I do internet school, so I haven't really had a need for them. But back when I went to a regular school, I always preferred mechanical pencils. They just seemed... smoother.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I like mechanical because they won't snap in half when you're trying to shove it into someone's ear.

Besides that, they aren't dull-tipped, they're refillable so they won't "die", and you don't have to get up every time to sharpen it.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Mechanical are the way to go for me. I like the way the write and the are easier for me to draw with than a wooden pencil.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Mechanical pencils. They serve me better during exams as i don't have to trouble myself sharpening them. Heheh
    Although when it comes to art good old wood never let me down..

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Writing → Pens
    Math → Mechanical pencil
    Drawing → Wood pencil

I like everything! But yeah, I hate writing in pencil these days because it blurs too easily when my papers are kept in a messy pile. But for math, it looks much cleaner to simply erase mistakes than scratch them out, but wood pencils dull too easily and my math work must be crisp and clear. D: But for drawing, wood pencils are the way to go.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Pens. But, if I have to go with pencils, I prefer the old wooden ones even if I'm extra-picky when sharpening them. The mechanical ones keep breaking and I keep losing their refilling leads so...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    At first, I always used wooden. Now, I always use mechanical. I don't know why I changed; I guess I'm too lazy to sharpen anymore. :<

I use a pen for notes as they scribble all over the place.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Honestly, I like those nice Pilot gel pens. But I always end up draining them in a few weeks. I find mechanical pencils easier. I never seem to have much of a problem with lead breaking as long as it's 0.7 lead or higher, and I'm an extremely fast writer (which is probably why my handwriting stinks xD).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Between the two, I'd say mechanical. Changing the lead is much easier than sharpening it for hours trying to keep it form being dull. I was also never creative, and I found erasing easier and it didn't blur when I wrote with it. Not to mention that I rarely have a spare sharpener, and that it just doesn't give me sores or wrist pain.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Mechanical. The lines are crisper, cleaner, more even, and they don't start to spread as you go down the page. xD

I use mechanical pencils for everything; even shading my artwork. (It's pretty easy, actually.)

I'm the type of anal person who cannot stand a dull pencil tip. <_< So if I use a wooden pencil, I have to get up every five minutes and sharpen my pencil again. xD;

Back