• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People blaming Pokemon Go for accidents

Years
  • Honestly it's so ridiculous. The game is set up so that you don't need to be looking at your screen at all most of the time - especially now that tracking doesn't work properly. The phone buzzes when a pokemon is nearby, and if you've got headphones connected, there's a little noise that plays when a pokestop is in range. No need to look at your phone at all until either of those things happen.

Not to mention the fact that you don't need to be right on top of a pokemon to catch it. I've heard so many stories of "well they nearly got hit by a car because they had to run out into the middle of the street to catch a pokemon"

No. No they didn't. If the pokemon appeared on their screen while they were standing on the sidewalk, then they were close enough to catch it from the sidewalk and didn't need to run into the middle of the street. And if the pokemon appears while you're crossing the street, it'll still be there and available to catch when you get to the other side. I've had both of these things happen plenty of times because there's a spawning point near an intersection that I have to cross on my way to/from work.

There's really no excuse at all to be putting yourself in a dangerous situation while playing, and definitely no reason to be blaming the game. It's set up so that you can quite easily play the game safely.

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Obviously Pokémon Go isn't responsible of al lof those accidents / deaths. It's entirely the fault of people doing wrong things.

People are stupid enough to play this game when driving? Or to not watch in front of them at the point they fall from a cliff? Too bad for them, there is something called the natural selection doing its job.

Back