• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

perfect balance starters

Artifactor

Music is Life
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    after thinking about for a long time, the best combination of starter types so that no pokemon is overdominate over any over one (be able to score x4 hits with moves that match its typr) i came up with this

Grass
    Dark

Fire
    Psychic

Water
    Fighting

here we have the basic type wheel
    Grass > Water Dark > Psychic
    Fire > Grass Psychic > Fighting
    Water > Fire Fighting > Dark

with the subtypes makes the water be able to score super effective hits against grass, fire be able be able to score super effective hits against water, and grass be able to score super effective hits against fire therefore balancing the basics

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Good point.

Also, I remember talk that they were going to replace Grass>Water>Fire with Psychic>Fighting>Dark in Generation IV. Obviously those rumors proved false, but that doesn't mean such a change won't occur in the future.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • We have that in generation IV, sort of. Fighting/Fire can deal heavy damage to Water/Steel who is able to learn Ice attacks and can KO Grass/Ground who can earthquake Fighting/Fire.

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    As stated a million times before, Dark/Psychic/Fighting is not a perfect triangle, as psychic attacks do not affect Dark-types. However, Rock/Flying/Fighting is a perfect triangle.

Grass/Rock, Water/Fighting, Fire/Flying

Grass/Flying, Water/Rock, Fire/Fighting

Grass/Fighting, Water/Flying, Fire/Rock

Pick your favourite.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
  • Hah, I had the same idea for Artifactor's type spread. Great minds think alike. =D Personally, if there were to be a fifth generation, I'd love to see all the starters become dual-typed by their final evolution. Though Charmageddon has a point about the Psy/Drk/Fgt triangle having a fault. It probably won't happen that way though, most likely because Pokemon likes to try making the main storyline challenging (even though they fail at it) So we probably won't see it

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    As stated a million times before, Dark/Psychic/Fighting is not a perfect triangle, as psychic attacks do not affect Dark-types. However, Rock/Flying/Fighting is a perfect triangle.
    Yes it is. I one-shotted with super effective type advantage a Dark Sneasel a few days ago with my Psychic Kadabra.

Back