• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet Names - What do you name your pets?

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
Years
  • Well, I have 4 ball pythons (5th including one on the way), 2 leopard geckos, 1 anery corn snake, and a rose-hair tarantula. Now, for names...

Ball Pythons:
    Girls: Colby, Nova,(new girl: Lemon or Bella) - Males: Glaedr, Linden
    Geckos:
    Male: Toothless - Female: Clementine
    Corn snake:
    Anery (Male)
    Tarantula: Rosy (female)

Our cat: Minou (female)

AND that's it for now. :)

Post your pets and their names!!!

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Toothless. <33

I have a corgi who's named Socks. Socks will be six years old sometime in November!

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have for dogs and a fish.
    2 of the dogs are Pomeranians, one is a chihuahua, and one is a boxer.
    the male pomeranian is named Tigger
    the female is named Bambi
    the chihuahua is named Kahlan
    and the Boxer is Named Lady and her nickname is dum dum ^_^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't have a pet, but I named my friends dog which I see a couple times a week. I named him Ryuk, he is a Pit Bull & Rottweiler mix.

Years
  • Dogs:
    Tigger (Male)
    Max (Male)

Cats:
    Alex (Female)
    Mittens (Male)

Alex and Max are friends. Alex hates all other animals.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Uh, I have 2 dogs and 1 cat.
    The female dogs name isn't important because it's a boring name.
    I call the male dog 'Little Dog'.
    And my cat (the best one in the world) is Tendervittles, but I call her Tenders.

I also had 2 crabs that went nameless for the one week they were alive.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
  • I have a pet dog.

He is really loving, I couldn't keep his name as I was too small to even talk, his name was kept by my dad, Tommy.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Simba - Cat | He was named Simba because The Lion King was released when my sister got him. He's 19/20 now...
    Holly - Dog | She was called it when we brought her.But It links with our other dog's name.
    Willaby - Dog | Before we took him home, we decided on a name which was "Willaby" as a parody of Holly Willoughby (due to our other dog being called "Holly")

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I name every animal depending on their attitude and kind~ :3

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    My brother has a dog named Zoe and a dwarf hamster named Blaster. Zoe already had her name when we got her and my brother named Blaster.
    I have a cat named Raeanne. She is a wonderful little girl and loves her mommy very much:)
    My fiance also used to have a hamster named Jack. He passed away over a week ago.
    I also used to have a hamster named Buddy and he passed away about 3 months ago.
    Here are the other animals that I had that passed away:
    Spotty-male cat
    D.C.-male cat named him after that darn cat and he was a trouble maker
    Matthias-hamster
    Herman-corn snake
    Jasmine-albino corn snake

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I give my pets really childish names. :(

At the moment, I have...Baby, Spotty, Tiel, Cindy and... Awesome. Yes, awesome, as my weiro/cockatiels. I also have a parrot I named Cee-Cee, idk why. I have a dog too, named Cuba, but I didn't name him.

Past pet names, you ask?

Let's try naming my 18 deceased budgies... (some of which were named due to TV shows, and that pattern follows with other pets.) Anna, Sunny, Chirpy, Ben, Raven, Bart, $20, Nancy, Nala, the one with no name, George, Pretty Girl, Billie, Chelsea, Lilah, Bluey, Boyd, Squalker. Um. Nala, Boyd and Bart were all influenced by TV/movies. Now, for ducks. Jack, Maisy, Defor, Daisy. Umm, Quails. Lara, Kara, Shimmer 1&2, Beetroot 1 (I killed him by accident ;;), Beetroot 2, Sumail and Lil rascal. I think I'm forgetting one but idk. Crazy Crabs... Ash, Krabby and Pikachu. ...Yeah. Mice? Primrose, Winfred (influenced by some show about mice), Patch, Flash, Beauty and a few ones without names. I had a rat named Snowbell... umm. Roosters? Leo and Flora. Um, I had really weird fish names but I can't remember them. I also had Shaka/Princess, German Shepherd and Poodle, I didn't name either, but I loved those dogs. I also used to name the frogs we had in our yard. I also had a canary without a name, too.

idk, I can't help thinking I forgot some, but those were the names for all my pets as far as I can remember. :3 I haven't had a new pet for like, 2 years in about a week (which is when I got one of my weiros), so I kind of want some more birds to fly into my yard. Oh, interestingly, Defor, the duck, was a... very large duck and it flew into our neighbours yard and then we got him. All my birds now except Awesome/Cindy, including the parrot were captured when they flew into our yard, so...yeah.

I would give my entire pet history/explanation but it sort of doesn't exactly suit this thread. D:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • My 10 year old dog is called Deedee. She knew that name when we adopted her.
    My 2 year old dog is called Sparky. it fits in with his personality.
    And my guinea pig is called Pumba. the other was called Timone, but he passed.
    I'm getting another one from my friend soon. We named them together with another friend when they were like a week old. I think I'm getting Rat, or Nibbles

Past pets:
    My cat polly.
    My budgees, pauly, peter and solly.
    (my other birds were nameless-they came with a house we got and my parents got rid of them :( )
    The goldfish that also came with the house, have lived for over 6 years and are now in our friends pond: Pluto, Flake, Tiny, Snowy, and Ambers Fish. (i got the last one from my friend named amber).
    The siamese fighting fish, Rocky.
    My other fish before those: Goldy. Goldy 2. Goldy 3. Goldy 4. Snowy. Snowy 2.
    A cat from when i was a baby, Casper. All i remember from that cat is being scratched...

Oh! and the chickens:
    Sticky Beak (best ever!), Red, Snichel, Kiav, Page, Sage, Missy

Last edited:

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • I have a dog called Salazar, which fits in it, because Salazar was a dictator of my country and the dog is a pitbull, so they're both dangerous :D

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Our Maltese is Daisy, she is female.
    Our teacup poodle is Phantom, he is male.
    Our cat is Shelby, she is female.
    My hamster is Oreo, she is female.

love love love

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • I have 3 dogs. One is called Fluffy (which I used to call other nicknames like Fluffadoo and Fluffasaur xD) and the two others are Dolce and Gabbana, which are pretty naughty little brats lol.

Back