• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet Names - What do you name your pets?

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Thinking about it... my Cockatiel never had a name. He's like, a year with me now and I still didn't come up with a name. Mostly I'm calling him maniac because he acts like he wants to commit suicide oftenly. He also goes mad over everyone who isn't me, bites them. Always nice to scare my annoying sister away.

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
    Years
    My 10 year old dog is called Deedee. She knew that name when we adopted her.
    My 2 year old dog is called Sparky. it fits in with his personality.
    And my guinea pig is called Pumba. the other was called Timone, but he passed.
    I'm getting another one from my friend soon. We named them together with another friend when they were like a week old. I think I'm getting Rat, or Nibbles

Past pets:
    My cat polly.
    My budgees, pauly, peter and solly.
    (my other birds were nameless-they came with a house we got and my parents got rid of them :( )
    The goldfish that also came with the house, have lived for over 6 years and are now in our friends pond: Pluto, Flake, Tiny, Snowy, and Ambers Fish. (i got the last one from my friend named amber).
    The siamese fighting fish, Rocky.
    My other fish before those: Goldy. Goldy 2. Goldy 3. Goldy 4. Snowy. Snowy 2.
    A cat from when i was a baby, Casper. All i remember from that cat is being scratched...

Oh! and the chickens:
    Sticky Beak (best ever!), Red, Snichel, Kiav, Page, Sage, Missy

I love your signature, it's incredibly true. My best friend use to own a pitbull, sweetest dog you could ever meet. Very friendly and loved people. I agree 100%, it's not the dog's fault, it's the people. Same with the huge Burmese Python ban in the states, that was not their fault.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    My cats were called Dilly (♀) and Cane (♂) and my Hamster was called Sparx (♀ (I think)).

RIP

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Someday I wish to have a pitbull named Sir Chubbington Esquire Franksworthy III, or Chubbs for short.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Oh god, are you really ready for this list?
    Cats: (All Domestic Shorthairs)
    Blade
    Hank
    Spyder
    Shinx
    Spike

Dogs:
    Sebastian (Black lab)
    Sparkles (Chihuahua)
    Wesley (Lassa Apa)

Horses:
    Dragon
    Stormy

And we have a few parakeets, but I can't remember their names.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    At my house we have:

Lucy the dog. Big Mama, Milton, and Winny the cats. Blue the guinea pig who everyone just calls Pig or Piggy. (I don't know why my brother still insists on saying her name is Blue.)

Past pets have been King, Millie, and Tyler (dogs, Tyler was named when we got him). Taz and Lucky (cats). Fluffy, Buddy, and Pop Tart (hamsters), and Jack the bird.

At my Nannie's house she has two dogs, Pepper and Sally (Sally was already named), and three cats called Sammy (Sam), Sara and Sophie. xD Past pets for her were Toby (dog), Scooter, Mia and Sasha (cats) and Henny Penny, Chirp and Chip (chickens).

Last edited:

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    I named my rat Basil (Great Mouse Detective) and hedgehog Coconut (he's albino). I love them. ^_^

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I named my black and white moggy cat Toby, after my second cousin. Not especially amazing, but there you go.

I had a Syrian hamster named 'Snick'. I told people it was short for 'Snickers' because he had all of the colours of the chocolate bar in his fur, but I thought of that when I had already named him. Just thought 'Snick' sounded cool, really.

Snick died a couple of years ago, and I'm considering getting another hamster after the Summer Holidays. I'm torn between a couple of names for him:
    Apollo (after the Ancient Greek god) or Spock.

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I've only named three (four?) of the animals that we've had. Though we've had quite a few animals in the past. The ones I've named are the follow.

Hamtaro - My First Hamster. Oh where did I get this name from. >_>
    Pequito - My Second Hamster. I named it that thinking it was the name of our dead Parrot, but I was wrong. Still, because of that he got an original name. c:
    Oreo - Our Cat. Though I only 1/3 named her, as it was a mix between me and my two siblings.
    Koto - My new Kitten. <3 Name is from the Manga Yoki Koto Kiku by Koge Donbo.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    I had a pet hamster that I named Steve, until I found out that he was female, so I renamed her Momo, which is Japanese for peach apparently :3

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I'm not really good with pet names, as my Goat knows. Her name is Goat. :D

My two dogs are called Max and Oscar, no idea why.

Years
    Well, I have 4 ball pythons (5th including one on the way), 2 leopard geckos, 1 anery corn snake, and a rose-hair tarantula. Now, for names...

Our cat: Minou (female)

Your cat seems to out of place with all the other animals xD

I have: 4 dogs, 2 cats, 2 turtles, 1 fish, and 1 lizard.

They are:
    Corey, an Australian Cattle Dog;
    Cody, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi;
    Missy, a Golden Retriever and Collie mix;
    Chloey, a Great Pyrenees;
    Patches, a Calico;
    Molly, a long-haired Siamese;
    Samantha and Princess, who are box turtles;
    T.J., a clownfish;
    and Carson, our Bearded Dragon.

Plus we have crickets to feed to Carson. But we don't consider them pets or name them. lol

Past pets are: Josey, a calico; Lizzy, a Rainbow Skink; and Thomas, a stray black-and-white cat that kinda adopted us. I miss them </3

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    tabby cat- Kali. I got it from a baby book and it means "energetic". My cat was super energetic when she was a kitten. She used to run across the couches non-stop, so the name just fit.

hamster- I have a little white dwarf hamster called Lelouch. I had another one that was brown/gray called Suzaku, but he died, sadly. Named after Code Geass.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I have three dogs named Fritz, Ivan and Gus

a cat called Cat/idiot/no face (she looks like no face from spirited away) puss etc

A bird called indy

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    My male dog: Bibi
    Idk why that name but all of my family wanted that name so badly for my dog. xD

Back