• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PETA's New Campaign To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens"

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Good luck PETA [/sarcasm]

They aren't really doing themselves any favours, stuff like this makes them look like a joke; not people who eat fish.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Hahahaha, I love how I was the only one to agree. xDD

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    This is just another example of ridiculous propaganda and resource-wasting crap that is so characteristic of PETA. :/

They're a pathetic, hypocritical excuse of an organization that tries to prove its points via extremist propaganda and over-the-top stunts. I would much rather support the ASPCA or WWF than that obnoxious group. You know, people that actually care about both humans and animals and get things done in a reasonable manner.

The way PETA tries to manipulate people, especially children, is just sad. I don't think every supporter of PETA is a screwball, but a huge chunk of them are. PETA might occasionally make a change for the positive, but when they "adopt" hundreds of animals, only to euthanize them and throw them in dumpsters, I can't take them as seriously looking in the animal's best interests. Plus, encouraging vandalism and giving children graphic comics titled "Your Mommy Kills Bunnies" aren't good ways to earn my respect, either.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Man, what is PETA thinking now? I swear this is getting ridiculous! Now they want everyone call fish "Sea Kittens"?! What the...? I am sorry, but we do need some "Sea Kittens" to survive you know. I really hope they are not changing the names of a cow, chicken, or fur...but I won't be surprised. They should be concerned about animal cruelty, not what we are eating, drinking, or wearing! They are so closed-mined it isn't funny. >>;

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Sea kittens? SEA FREAKING KITTENS?! Wow looks like Peta has gone off the wall into insanity lane. Seriously the best part has to be the kids. What next cows are land birds? Oh and dogs and cats are fish and bugs dont forget. But sea kittens. You know i want to know who the hell is funding them. Ah i know this is all secretly funded by the nazis. nah just kidding but sea kittens? Damn i am laughing harder then the fact that a plane went down due to birds.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Hahaha, this thread is so one sided that I'm being completely ignored. xDDD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    This... is... XD
    Some countries even eat their dogs, so, uh, this really doesn't make any sense XD
    So I'm waiting for their next move: vegetarians are a bunch of murderers who enjoy eating the plants some people grow in their houses. That's so cruel! Better let's all die of hunger but without damaging any living being :)

One thing is not overkilling fish, or catching little ones we can't eat... but trying to make us not to eat meat nor fish, that's not even healthy.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, that's the cutest name ever! Sea kittens! Aww! Although, they're completly crazy.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Sea kittens? SEA FREAKING KITTENS?! Wow looks like Peta has gone off the wall into insanity lane. Seriously the best part has to be the kids. What next cows are land birds? Oh and dogs and cats are fish and bugs dont forget. But sea kittens. You know i want to know who the hell is funding them. Ah i know this is all secretly funded by the nazis. nah just kidding but sea kittens? Damn i am laughing harder then the fact that a plane went down due to birds.

They're being funded by donations from people that care. Not that I do.

PS: You're spelling's terrible X|

Pikachu231

That Damn Pikachu
    Years
    Even though I hate to eat fish but really, Sea Kittens? The **** is up with that? It's like calling cows, "Four-legged mothers".When I heard of that,I laugh like hell.XD And PETA can go fun themselves! It's time for an new group, PETA! Short for People Eating Tasty Animlas.:P

Last edited by a moderator:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Okay then? Even if they were named Sea Kittens, most people probably would still call them "fish", and people would probably still continue to eat them. I don't eat fish, but I'm doubtful of how successful this campaigne will be.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This is the most insane group I've ever heard about.

These people probably evolved from Turkeys. Even IF some stupidity like this gets passed, children will still think "It's okay to eat Sea Kittens, but not kittens! Got it :3."

I understand what they did with McCruelty but Murder King?! Sea Kittens? I'd rather go naked than wear fur?!

What the waffles?

If they make a campaigne that relates to importing from Japan, they'red gonna make 4Kids look like the government with Barack Obama.

Seriously...

</rant>

Years
    =D

Ahahaha. XD

I really dislike this move. D: I love "fish" (not as food, but the name) Now "sea kittens"? What's next?

*sighs* PETA. v_v I love what they stand for, but the lengths they go to...
    I totally agree with you Went!

These kinds of over the top campaign just makes moderates LOL and not pay attention. It's just hurting them you know? I do want to protect the worlds organisms Even though Dogs are snacks in the Philippines XD but they should tone things down.

If they make a campaigne that relates to importing from Japan, they'red gonna make 4Kids look like the government with Barack Obama.

ROTFL 4kids = The Obama Administration. XD

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Why sea kittens? Why not sea puppies? Better still, why not fish?

I wonder what's going to happen to the common names of jellyfish, starfish, puffer fish, sword fish, sail fish and the like.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    haha XD The Id Rather go naked then fur was a sexxy ad XD and Murder King? never heard of it but lulz.

Sea kittens is a stupid idea that they're emforcing for no reason.

They'll go nowhere with it, and will end up dissapointed.

Fishes, will stay Fishes.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Why sea kittens? Why not sea puppies? Better still, why not fish?

I wonder what's going to happen to the common names of jellyfish, starfish, puffer fish, sword fish, sail fish and the like.

Yup, jellyseakitten, starseakitten, pufferseakitten, swordseakitten, sailseakitten, and lionseakitten, and stoneseakitten, and catseakitten. Its really ridiculous.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Oh, wow. I've never heard of PETA, but judging from this thread they must be one naive company. xD I mean really, the only "sea kittens" are baby catfish. And Whiscash.

PETA's New Campaign To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens"

Back