• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PETA's New Campaign To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens"

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    Sounds great to me, if it's true about them being that concious about things (The garden fact on their site, petting etc.) then I say it's plain wrong to kill 'em.

Besides, fish tastes foul. xD

Consciousness is the important thing, huh? I take it you don't eat meat, then. If you don't eat meat, I figure you're either a vegetarian of some sort or a vegan. In any case, I have some shocking news for you.

Did you know that plants can "feel"? Whenever a plant is touched, an electrical impulse travels along its surface. Also, plants can move. Flowers and leaves turn towards sun and thus move along the course of the day. Buds close for night and open again in the morning. Some plants can even more pretty fast, like carnivorous plants such as Venus Flytrap. How come they can do that? Yes, plants must also have something that resembles the thing we call consciousness.

Oops, too bad. It's only a matter of time when PETA declares that carrots are "ground puppies" and should not be killed under any circumstances.

Moreover, most of the crap on PETA's site is crap. The fish stories are total crap. I'm pretty damn sure fish don't have schools, for example. of course, I know no-one will think that's actually true, but that shows how much they exaggerate. If they exaggerate that much about a serious thing, then they most apparently can't be trusted.

Oh, and a study has shown that if a woman doesn't eat fish, her kids are born less intelligent than those of the women who eat fish. Also, if a woman doesn't eat fish, her first kid is more intelligent than the following ones. Fish have certain fatty acids our brain simply needs to function. We can't stop eating fish. We shouldn't stop eating fish even if we didn't like it.

Luckily, I love fish. Both as food and as living things. Fish are charming. Just that... fish aren't sea kittens!

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Sea kittens? SEA FREAKING KITTENS?! Wow looks like Peta has gone off the wall into insanity lane. Seriously the best part has to be the kids. What next cows are land birds? Oh and dogs and cats are fish and bugs dont forget. But sea kittens. You know i want to know who the hell is funding them. Ah i know this is all secretly funded by the nazis. nah just kidding but sea kittens? Damn i am laughing harder then the fact that a plane went down due to birds.

On that note, how much would anybody like to bet that PETA will claim that US Airways Flight 1549 "intentionally" slammed into a flock of geese? Considering how this comes from an organization which rejects medicine and pharmaceuticals which save millions upon millions of lives because a live chimpanzee was used in the process of production, I'd say it's pretty likely...

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Are you serious?

Hell no. They're pushing it, now. I can tell they're definitely not going to succeed in this. And even if they do, I'm still calling them fish whether they like it or not.

No, I'm not serious xD
    I was just saying how weird that would sound after reading 乚☆丁工回己❀'s post

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    while I agree with PETA in a lot of things, I disagree with them in equally as many things, things like these for example, or their campaign against KFC, it's such a shame that such a large organization evades its true responsabilities with this unbearable ridicule rather than attending to matters that...well..matter.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah. I do not wear fur or believe in Big Game Hunting or Slaughter houses but I do enjoy a good batch of sushi rolls. Its a cute name too but it is too much.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Bring it on PETA. You can't do anything that will stop me from consuming seafood.

Also...sea-kittens is a stupid name. Makes me think of a baby catfish.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
    I seriously think some people in PETA are completely insane o___o

I agree with a lot of things they say over animal cruelty, but things like this make me want to laugh.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    You know, PETA does SOME good things...some....Like the recent gothic kitten thing...but this....this is just....ONE BIG FACEPALM. :|

I'm up for some fried sea kitten just about now. :D

PkMn Trained

Uber trainer
    Years
    This has been up for a while. It's strange, hose PETA people. It's worse than the Running of the Nude! While fish got notin' on cats, they are still suprisingly smart ( For being Magikarp, atleast!) Fish can be trained to play underwaer soccer, eat at certain ends of the tank only, and Beg! Ths is a good fish site:

www.petfish.net

It really shows off howsmart fish are. Back on topic, this is Kerrazy! Sea kittens? Whats next, Slither- Puppies? I would like o see where this gets them!

Imagine somone following suit to cutoutdissection.com!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have asked a lot of people on there feelings of the term "sea kittens" and they all say it wouldnt make a difference to them so Im not so sure if there efforts are worth it.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I wish PETA would focus on more important animal rights abuses than eating fish lol. This campaign is so ridiculous that more people will laugh than take it seriously...obviously.

._.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    Well now, I guess I do love me some good sea kittens. Tasty little critters. perhaps we can be re-educated with some sea dogs or perhaps, sea ferrets or sea gerbals.

Fish tend to fear me no matter what. If they want to fear me, then I might as well eat them. Besides, they're from the sea. They're racist against us land folk, aren't they? D:

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    These people sound like the biggest frickin idiots in the world, and I don't care who saw me say that. And they can't call fish "sea kittens", because the "Cat Fish" already has a patend on that type of name.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    See this is why I hate PETA. It's almost as bad as their Cooking Mama parody. I mean honestly, I can understand wanting people to not eat meat, but they go through the complete extremes. Sea Kittens?! I'm a vegetarian and I want to eat fish and land animals because of that.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Hahaha. PETA is full of nutjobs.

Seriously. They're crazy in the head. And they tend to go way too far in their methods of protest
    Why cant they just be a group of crazy vegans who keep to themselves instead of pulling idiotic stunts like this? Why?!

Don't read this if you're easily offended. It's just a rather mean spirited rant against PETA. Not against vegetarians or vegans in general.
    Spoiler:

I'm all for treating animals with some respect. I'm not cruel hearted. But, I do believe that people shouldn't try to make others feel guilty about eating other creatures. They were put on this planet to help support us. (If god didn't intend us to be able to eat a certain animal, then he made them so that we could not, or would not eat them. i.e. making them poisonous, or foul tasting)

Fish are no exception to the rule. They're getting too ignorant to the fact that most of the human population relies on animals as a food source. There is nothing immoral about killing an animal to feed yourself. There is nothing wrong with the sport of fishing. They need to stop trying to say that every other species of animal is intelligent and can feel pain. Every organism more complex than a bacterium can probably feel pain. They need to get over it. We're not torturing the fish. Besides, most sport fisherman catch and release unless they're fishing to eat to protect the biosphere of the body of water in which they are fishing in.

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Thing is, even though I'm a vegetarian, I do not try to force people to not eat meat. I think forcing your ideals on others is wrong (unless what they are protesting is something that is pretty wrong). PETA goes FAR into the extremes. I mean all my vegan friends believe that PETA should be disbanded.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Thing is, even though I'm a vegetarian, I do not try to force people to not eat meat. I think forcing your ideals on others is wrong (unless what they are protesting is something that is pretty wrong). PETA goes FAR into the extremes. I mean all my vegan friends believe that PETA should be disbanded.

I wasn't referring to the sane vegetarians and vegans. :3

I dont have a problem with people who simply choose not to eat meat. (or in the vegan's case, any animal derived product).

Though I dont exactly understand why people choose not to eat meat. It's just a part of life to me.

Anyways, I was just ranting. So kindly ignore the force-feeding part, since when I rant, I often dont mean anything I'm saying.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I wasn't referring to anything you were saying actually. XD I was just saying in general.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I dunno. I think anyone who is involved with PETA should be committed to a mental institution immediately and force-fed a normal human diet. (An omnivorous one)Oh and they should be forced to endure a ton of educational videos about biology and the food chain, and only realize that humans are like any other predatory animal on the top of the food chain.

That is a great idea. XD

Back