• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pets

Dogs vs Cats

• Dogs

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Cats

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Do you like pets? Do you think pets are necessary?
    Personally, I like pets and consider them family. I view them as necessary, especially for the only children. Also, while I'm at it I'm gonna throw in a dogs vs cats poll at the top.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • I prefer dogs only because I am allergic to cats. I have nothing against cats in general, but I've never been able get close to one because of extreme allergy. But I love pets, my favourite pet being snakes or reptile, then dogs ^_^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually like to have pets around the house because they're good companions to have if you're living alone.

As for the poll itself, I prefer dogs over cats, even though I have nothing against them, because I find dogs easier to get along with. Some breeds are playful and they can be loyal in general.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • I like dogs, dogs are my animals.

Mans best friend as they say! Plus they aren't snobs and always want to hang out with you and play! Much better then them lazy snobby cats!

My dogs a champ, he tries to talk and rolls on his back when he wants to scratch it, He so smart and cute!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I have 2 pets, a cat and a dog. The dog is a family pet, while the cat is mine. I think pets are very important and nessesary. I view my pets as family members. I think it's important for people to have pets so they will continue to have love for animals. I like cats better personally, they are more calm and quiet and generally more easy to take care of.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I prefer cats over dogs but more than 2 cats is overkill for me. 1 cat is where I'm most comfortable nowadays.

F1refly

Stuff and things
    Years
  • I prefer Cats over Dogs as cats don't bark when there's a guy at the gate. Plus cats ca wander around the Neighbourhood, doing their own thing. I prefer Reptiles and Invertrebrates over any mammal as they are easier to handle, don't crap on your carpet and require little other than feeding and a little maintenance every now and again.

Years
  • Never had pets growing up due to my dad being allergic to dogs, and my sister to cats and other small animals, so they obviously aren't necessary (even though I really wanted a pet).

When I get my own place though, I definitely do plan on getting a pet, but I don't really know which kind I would get. I like that dogs are very loyal and playful, but sometimes they can get noisy and high-maintenance. Cats on the other hand are usually quiet and lower maintenance, but are sometimes independant. If I were to pick right now, I would probably end up choosing a cat, but I would love the opportunity to have either one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2015
    Dogs are loyal and really close friends and they learn easily. I like cats too but i personally like dogs better.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I want a dog soooooooooo badly. It'd be so playful and fun and huggable and like a best friend that slobbers all the time :D My friends with dogs assure me this isn't the case, but I still maintain it'd be amazing to have a canine companion. But yeah at the moment I have a rabbit since my mum's allergic to animals so it had to be something small, and whilst I do love my rabbit, I don't think I would keep him if someone offered to take him. I'd miss him and all, but he doesn't get the care/attention he needs whilst in my care and I feel bad for him, but I don't have the time to fix it right now D: Pokemon forums > bunnies ofc

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I have 1 dog, a bedlington terrier who's the scruffiest most cutest thing ever. I don't think they're necessary. The company is nice, though. And it's dogs for me, mainly because Cats idk I just don't like them. I find them cute though, they're not as loyal as dogs, I know they can be loyal because I've seen cats who respond to their owners but dogs > cats.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Like dogs and cats alike. It really depends on their own personality and behaviour, and breed probably. I don't like small dogs at all, I'm all for the big ones like Husky or St. Bernard, etc. Love cats, and I like other pets too like reptiles, though I've never had one before. I wouldn't know how to take care of one, and I don't really know if I could provide the right care anyway, even if I knew how. Maybe I'll get an Iguana when I grow up haha.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Like dogs and cats alike. It really depends on their own personality and behaviour, and breed probably. I don't like small dogs at all, I'm all for the big ones like Husky or St. Bernard, etc. Love cats, and I like other pets too like reptiles, though I've never had one before. I wouldn't know how to take care of one, and I don't really know if I could provide the right care anyway, even if I knew how. Maybe I'll get an Iguana when I grow up haha.
    This sums up my feelings very aptly. I've had both a dog and a cat, and they've both been great in their own ways. The cat was great due to his soft fur, gentle meow and ability to lower my heart rate thus lowering the chance of heart-attacks in an 8-year-old! The dog is great due to her loyalty, ability to chase away small children from the house and her love of me rubbing her belly! I could only have one or the other at a time, however. There was a period of about 3 months when the cat and the dog lived co-dependently and that was a stressful time for all involved... never again!

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
  • I like cats and dogs; I currently have two canine companions, both of whom I consider my own because I'm the one who takes care of them, plus I'm the closest to them. :P They're really great to have, and are always there for us. Funny thing is that they have opposing personalities: the older-by-a-few-months is really courageous and would chase practically any moving object/living thing; the younger one is more of timid but will still bark at strangers. They're both sweet, too, and are always there for me... us. :3
    I do want to have a cat, too, but my parents won't allow it; Mom says their... 'dirt' smells so bad, and Dad... well, he doesn't even accept my dogs. :/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I love both dogs and cats, but cats just a little bit more. I have two cats and I think I'll always prefer them because they're far lower maintenance than dogs. They're aloof and indifferent and don't wet themselves with joy when they see you, sure, but they take a lot less looking after lol. And I find them equally as cute :3

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I love cats, dogs, and most other mammalian pets. I think most people have some type of allergic reaction to animals; get over it and just pet them! XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, I'm allergic to nearly every type of animal, so needless to say I don't have any pets and I can't really see them as necessary since I've gotten by without any. With that said, I'd really like to have a cute fluffy kitty if I could...

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think pets aren't necessarily to a household but add a very unique dynamic that can't be replicated any other way. Dogs and cats have personality so different from human's and I think they are a great addition to any household. I think they're especially good for kids because they teach them to love and care for another living creature.

I got my cat when I was 8 or 9 I think, and the attachment was almost immediate. I loved that guy. Although I kinda treated him like a dog: I smothered him with love. I didn't realize cats are much more solitary and he probably didn't appreciate my constant attention-giving. But I loved him so I don't regret it. I now understand that sometimes he'd much rather be left alone.

I'm sure I will get another pet sometime later in life.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I adore pets.....if they're mine or adore me back. I have one at the moment. Cookie actually helps me relieve stress and calms me down.

Pets are also there to talk to...that way people think you're not talking to yourself, but to your pet.

Ayselipera

I like all pets, but I don't think they're a necessity. That would obviously depend on the individual person. I really do love cats though. They're so cute omg :(

Back