• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phantoms and Specters: Ghost-Type fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

Nahh. I just think they were lazy at developing Gengar or Clefairy, and based one of them to the other one xD

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    LOL, I ninja'd SE

But really, I've seen this before in creepy pasta.
    But it's as I said, Clefairy would be the mascot before they choose Pikachu, so a Pokemon based on it wouldn't be weird.
    In fact we have the rip-off rodents to prove that

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    LOL, I ninja'd SE

But really, I've seen this before in creepy pasta.
    But it's as I said, Clefairy would be the mascot before they choose Pikachu, so a Pokemon based on it wouldn't be weird.
    In fact we have the rip-off rodents to prove that

I love rodents, but now they're overrated. Say....do any of you have any other such rumors? By the way, I just adore Haunter......I find him quite mesmerizing and amazing for a pokemon. Reminds me a lot of King Boo and the boos from Mario Bros....

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I love rodents, but now they're overrated. Say....do any of you have any other such rumors? By the way, I just adore Haunter......I find him quite mesmerizing and amazing for a pokemon. Reminds me a lot of King Boo and the boos from Mario Bros....

Paha, this made me smile! xD They really shouldn't made the shiny version white, how great would that be? Then you could give it the crown accessories in contests and hey presto, you've got King Boo! ^^

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Say....do any of you have any other such rumors?

Not sure if this counts, but... Giratina is supposedly the "Devil" of Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Every time i see Giratina i think of that Evanescence song. Lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Spoiler:

Oh wow... I never noticed this o.o That's pretty freaky haha! Although its description and move set aren't very devily... D: And I don't think Ghost-Dragon is a very devilish type :(

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years

Spoiler:

I love evanescence.....the only evanescence song I can think of when I see Giratina is I'm Going Under......but I got a few others of course.

Another hint to add, which you probably mentioned there already....but if you think about it, isn't the distortion world like...under? Broken and an endless world? I kinda do think about it as an underworld though.... and the devil has six wings in some views, not exactly sure....[I thought the number of the devil was 616......]

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I got pretty knowledgeable members here!

Hmm... Could be a coincidence about that Giratina. However, I believe that 666 is not the devil's number. I believe 504 is more of a "anti-christ" number.

welcome Palladium!

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    Thank you Miltank
    Also, he (Giratina) has 6 black stripes ...
    I think Dark would convey devil more,although dark is dishonorable rather than evil itself on games

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I love evanescence.....the only evanescence song I can think of when I see Giratina is I'm Going Under......but I got a few others of course.

Another hint to add, which you probably mentioned there already....but if you think about it, isn't the distortion world like...under? Broken and an endless world? I kinda do think about it as an underworld though....

Yeah, Basically, The Distortion World is Pokemon's version of The Underworld.

and the devil has six wings in some views, not exactly sure....

Many religions have different perspectives on "The Devil". I'm sure at least one of them depicts him with six wings.

I thought the number of the devil was 616......

Some people say 616, some say 216, some say 666, I'm not so sure myself, regardless, I don't want to get too into it. The majority of people say 666.

Thank you Miltank
    Also, he (Giratina) has 6 black stripes ...

Cool observation.

I think Dark would convey devil more,although dark is dishonorable rather than evil itself on games

You could also say Ghost conveys the devil perfectly, considering he often relates to Death.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    If you look at it, neither dark nor ghost types have actually something to do with death.
    They are mostly, spiritual energy based attacks and cheap shots
    (Although, why Lick is Ghost I'll never know ...)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    If you look at it, neither dark nor ghost types have actually something to do with death.
    They are mostly, spiritual energy based attacks and cheap shots
    (Although, why Lick is Ghost I'll never know ...)

The lick part made me laugh. :3
    I think ghost Pokemon themselves have something to do with death based on the places you find some of them (lost tower, lavender tower, mnt pyre, etc), and some Ghost Pokemon are said to be dead people/pokemon brought back to life or similar things... Although many Ghost Pokemon are also based on shadows, such as Gengar and Sableye. Dark Pokemon however seem to have nothing to do with death. :3

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    The lick part made me laugh. :3
    I think ghost Pokemon themselves have something to do with death based on the places you find some of them (lost tower, lavender tower, mnt pyre, etc), and some Ghost Pokemon are said to be dead people/pokemon brought back to life or similar things... Although many Ghost Pokemon are also based on shadows, such as Gengar and Sableye. Dark Pokemon however seem to have nothing to do with death. :3

The only dark pokemon I can see that resembles ghost, or death in that case, is Darkrai. Dark, in my opinion, just resemble those who prefer to be in the dark...lonely and such. It just reminds me of the night.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The only dark pokemon I can see that resembles ghost, or death in that case, is Darkrai. Dark, in my opinion, just resemble those who prefer to be in the dark...lonely and such. It just reminds me of the night.

Hmm, I'd agree with that :3 Although tbh I think of Dark types more as Pokemon that are evil and use deceit/trickery to hurt others :3 However this club is about Ghost types so maybe we need a new topic? ^^

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Hmm, I'd agree with that :3 Although tbh I think of Dark types more as Pokemon that are evil and use deceit/trickery to hurt others :3 However this club is about Ghost types so maybe we need a new topic? ^^

How about: If these Ghosts were in real life, which pokemon would look the scariest to you(or would succeed in scaring you to death)?
    -In my case, probably Haunter or it's evolution lines.....

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    How about: If these Ghosts were in real life, which pokemon would look the scariest to you(or would succeed in scaring you to death)?
    -In my case, probably Haunter or it's evolution lines.....

Interesting question! Hmm... I'm thinking Gengar tbh.

Spoiler:

Although the Dusknoir family would also be pretty scary due to the whole "we engulf and devour everything including your soul" vibe they have going on... x.x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back