• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phones

Years
  • I have...a Samsung phone of some sort, that I couldn't tell you what kind of phone it is because it's a dumb phone and it's also out of battery at the moment. Whoops. I've had this particular one for maybe like six months, and it was bought only out of necessity (kitten decided that all the cords to the old cell phones here were tasty, and apparently the phones were old enough that we couldn't just buy a replacement cord. Well then).

But it's some cheap pre-paid phone I picked up from wal-mart, and let's be honest I absolutely hate it because it's the total opposite of any kind of smart phone. There was a better model I wanted to pick up, but of course they didn't have any of that in stock and I was convinced to just get the lower model. Then again, with how often I don't make calls or send texts, it's probably one of the best options for me money-wise.

I still hate it though.

I don't know what kind of phone I'd get if I were to get a new one, honestly.

Years
  • I bought a Sony Xperia Z2 there a few weeks ago and it's been great so far. I also have 3g for the first time in my life which is amazing :O

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I used to be quite fond of Android. For a while. Then I discovered the weaknesses of the brand. I found that no matter what, any Android phone I had began to slow down, responsiveness deteriorated, and the phone as a whole just became buggy. I always bought one of the most expensive ones on the market too. Don't get me wrong though, I loved being able to customize Android phones, and really loved the freedom. I just felt that the overall build quality was lesser than iPhone. Which, I moved to.

I now have an iPhone 6, and despite its iffy launch I find it extremely high quality. It's by far the best phone I've ever used. Not only that, but it's actually a lot more durable than the iPhone 5S I had previously. I haven't had a case on it since I've bought it, and despite dropping it more times than I can count, and bringing it all over the planet with me it's still basically unmarked. The responsiveness and general lack of any problems with the iP6 is what will keep me with Apple for a long time. While the experience is more limited by the scope of customization: the iPhone 6 is just the best phone for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    As before, I have a Nokia 1100 but I keep losing it and only own it at all for emergency use so I generally don't say I have a phone.

Happy with it? I'd like it to be a bit bigger (and less rounded, always thought 1100s were ugly compared to older 'brick' phones) and have a volume setting I can actually find, but apart from that it's as functional as I should ever require. Well, actually, now I think about it, a phone that can play audio would be nice for the sake of saving my increasingly precious PSP-3000 from getting filled with dirt (which is inevitable because of my job). Does anyone know if any phones support lossless formats like FLAC?

Any android phones above version 3.1 should support it [x]

Usually HTC has the best sound processing in their phones, although you will probably have to use a third party player iirc.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I got myself a OnePlus One.

Check out this blog entry for pics and stuff - http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=18862

Patchisou Yutohru asked for a comparison with Nexus 6 (which costs twice this device) and I was actually surprised to see that it even beats that device in benchmarks. Needless to say, I'm very happy with my phone. <3; It is a pretty massive upgrade from my Redmi 1s (which was an amazing $100 device itself which matched Moto G 2nd Gen's performance :p).

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I managed to bought Xiaomi Redmi 1S several days ago, and I've been enjoying it so far, even though I experienced a minor bug. I enjoyed the fact that I'm able to watch any video with 720p goodness, and it's running quite smoothly so far (unless if it's overheating).

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • While everyone is all hyped over getting the new iPhone 6... I still have my iPhone 5C right now. To be honest, I don't give a fuck. I love my phone so much. I would die if I had to get a new one because it has a majority of pictures from Gotcharocka that I worked so hard for. Plus, I'd lose most of my contacts... though, that's not a huge deal for me because no one ever texts me first.

The only problem my phone has is when it's hooked up to my laptop and charging. If I use it while it charges, it starts spazzing out and doing it's own thing. It's pretty weird, but after I take it off my laptop, it works fine though. This only seems to happen when it's plugged into my laptop too.

Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with my light blue iPhone 5C. My mom has the iPhone 6. I do like that it's bigger but... I just can't part with my current phone.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • My first phone was a Nokia X6 which I had for 4 years. It's still running but not using anymore because I lost it's lock key. My next phone was a Sony Xperia ZR. It was a great phone while it lasted(1.5 years). The screen went kaput. Sometimes the screen does not work(does not register touches) and sometimes it works extra good(registers touches without me touching the screen).
    Currently I have a LG G3 Flagship edition. I really like this one. The best part is its awesome quad HD screen. It's pretty fast and snappy. I mainly use the phone to chat with my significant other. I also use it to watch movies/videos/anime and listen to songs.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Got the Galaxy S4 January of last year. My first one lasted me 10 months before it died on me, so I had the opportunity to buy a different phone. Me being me, I went for what I already had ahaha. I might upgrade to the M8, though. I'd like the M9, but I pay for everything myself, and as a college student, that's kind of not in my budget /cry

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I have a Nokia Lumia something, I dunno, I don't really care much about phones. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I can call, text and download pokemon episodes and other games. The only downside is that it doesn't have a front camera, that really bugs me. >-<

Back