• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pick The Date

Which week in July should we run the Get-Together?

• July 6–July 12

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • July 13–July 19

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • July 20–July 26

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • July 27–August 2

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • None of these options suit me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • The week of July 27- August 2 is best for me because it's right after my finals week of my summer class and my exams/final projects should be done with by then. The next 2 weeks after that are good too, it just has to be before August 18, cause that's when my fall semester begins.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I can't ask for a whole week off or anything, I can't afford not to get paid for a week lol, but whatever you guys choose, I would need at least 3 weeks advance notice to get any time off. So the later times would work better as long as I have plenty of notice. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I really like July 27-Aug 2, I think it *shouldn't* be that conflicting and all, and besides...I should be a graduate by then. ^__^

Years
  • My schedule is pretty much the same throughout July and August, so I really have no preference for when it could start. However, I will be away at a convention the weekend of July 12th. Other than that, any other date is fine for me!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • July 13-19 would work for me. I recall several of the get together's I've participated in overlapped with my birthday (July 15) so it'll be a bit nostalgic to experience one around that time again. The week prior to that one works too. Actually maybe the 13-19 wouldn't work if any news on ORAS is released during that time (since Corocoro leaks and comes out around that time).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I can't ask for a whole week off or anything, I can't afford not to get paid for a week lol, but whatever you guys choose, I would need at least 3 weeks advance notice to get any time off. So the later times would work better as long as I have plenty of notice. :P

Taking time off work for a PC get together isn't really a good thing. Prioritise IRL over PC, not the other way around. Besides I'm sure you can spare a few hours without taking time off. Nobody works 24/7 for a whole week. Just give it a few hours. You don't need a whole day or anything, that's a little crazy.

As for me, I'm cool with whenever. I work three days a week and I'm awake for 6 other hours of the day when I'm not at work so... I vote every week! c: But srsly whenever can fit most people in I'll vote for.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • Wow, an actual get-together? I would love to go, though I am not able to travel right now. If I was, any time would be good for me; not much on my agenda right now.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Taking time off work for a PC get together isn't really a good thing. Prioritise IRL over PC, not the other way around. Besides I'm sure you can spare a few hours without taking time off. Nobody works 24/7 for a whole week. Just give it a few hours. You don't need a whole day or anything, that's a little crazy.

As for me, I'm cool with whenever. I work three days a week and I'm awake for 6 other hours of the day when I'm not at work so... I vote every week! c: But srsly whenever can fit most people in I'll vote for.

I meant more along the lines of getting time off for specific events lol. I would like to be there at least for certain contests or movie watchings and such, and knowing my luck, if I don't ask for it off I will be scheduled right on the days I would want :P

Wow, an actual get-together? I would love to go, though I am not able to travel right now. If I was, any time would be good for me; not much on my agenda right now.

Actually, this get together is purely online! We have a bunch of chat threads and contests and other events that everyone gets together for and has fun with! :D

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • Actually, this get together is purely online! We have a bunch of chat threads and contests and other events that everyone gets together for and has fun with! :D

Ah, thanks for letting me know! ^^ That's great and convenient, and also sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to partake!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I support July 27 to August 2.

Mostly because I'll be returning from Japan the weekend before, and there's Otakon the next weekend.

I won't be able to do it otherwise. :)

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I would prefer last week of july that is 27 - Aug 2....I wont have many test during that week...i think.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • This poll is kind of flawed? I think July 27 - August 2 wasn't voted for because it appeared as July 27 - July 2.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I know this is a little late now, but for the UK the summer holidays don't even start until one/two weeks later. It'll have an impact of our/their activity.

Exact some problem last year as it was the weekend 5-7th July I believe.

Back