• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pidgy or Starly?

Which is better

• Pidgy

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • Starly

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Starly.

Pidgeot ain't got **** on Close Combat.

Considering that Pidgeot really isn't the most powerful bean in the bunch, true. But why the HECK would you use an un-STAB'ed attack that lowers your defences and hits for neutral damage?
    Use Return, a 102 base power STAB move.. or the even deadlier 120 BP STAB'ed Brave Bird -.-

(I vote for Starly)

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2012
    Starly.

Pidgeot ain't got **** on Close Combat.

What I think Fishyman is trying to say is that close combat is a cool good move that is generally uncharacteristic of a normal-flying type. Pidgey and its evolution don't really have anything like that. (his comment was kind of vague so that's what I assume. XD) It also gives nice coverage.

My vote is for starly though, sorry pidgey. I vote starly because back in my g/s r/b days seeing pidgey so often in the grass just annoyed the mess out of me. I also like starly's moves.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    I prefer Starly over Pidgey because... well, I have no clue. I just feel that Pidgey is too mainstream and it is "old" to me. Also, I like Staraptor's advantages and movesets in battle, and I like its design a lot better. Come on, why pick a pidgeon over a starling? xD

Sparkler

Bam-Bam THe Azumarill :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    I personaly enjoy Starly, :D Because i had a very strong bond ingame wih my Starly on Pearl. :D But on platinum i didn't want a starly.

~♥Sparkler♥~

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Starly has better overall stats and is awesome with close combat and endeavour.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Staraptor may be better than Pidgeot in terms of overall stats and movepool, but Pidgeot will always be the first bird Pokemon I've used competitively...

Ayselipera

Starly is super annoying. The noise that it makes when it appears makes me want to rip my eardrums out.

Pidgey is just perfect. I love it!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Ill go with starly because it seems to have higher stats and better moves than Pidgey does. It also looks better than Pidgey sort of.

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
    Years
    Pidgey and Starly are basically the same... But staraptor is a better pokemon over all then pidgeot, learning brave bird and close combat, and intimidate. But pidgeot still wins because it is so much cooler

Years
    Starly - its knows better moves, and evloves to great stuff

tho, i really do like Pidgey as well. its not as annoying, and its evo design is way better than starlys

Years
    Pidgeot is one of the coolest looking pokemon. The evolved form of starly looks absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if it's better in battle, that's just because they made gen 4 pokemon over powered so people would think they were the best yet so people would buy more pokemon crap.

Pidgeot > Staraper

Last edited:
    Back