• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu; Hug or Kill? 1 WEEK TO VOTE UNTIL APRIL 17th!!!!!

I ____ Pikachu.

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I wasn't referring to the original anime, I understand that it has a massive fanbase, and I'm not going to tamper with that. I'd just like to see something new incorporate that idea, be it a game, anime, movie, manga, what-have-you. I don't watch the anome anymore, and I want something new to fill the void. Maybe a spinoff or something.

It's never going to happen. The entire franchise is aimed at young children (yes even the "mature" manga).

Lash

Years
    Hug. So, yeah, add me to the Pika lover list.

I love Pikachu, have for a long time, and always love that adorable little mouse. Ever since the day of Pokemon Yellow. PIKACHU 4 PREZ

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Yeah, I know. But, I can't help it. I take something kiddish and try to make it mature. That's why Hawke's my favorite, despite being an unreadable evil genius with unclear goals. He's from Advance Wars, quite possibly the kiddy-est war game ever made (it's on par with pokemon in the kiddy factor.) The fact that he'll do whatever it takes to see his goals reached, the fact that his allegiance is uncertain, the fact that he is 'evil' but not in the traditional sense...

I know Pokemon will never be mature-ified (word?). But, that doesn't mean I have to stop wishing for it. I'll just have to rely on fanfics and hacks to sate my evil pokemon needs.

Years
    Pickachu WILL stay. Don't try to make the anime mature, as it's just a marketing ploy to get kids into the cards and video games, and many who are still into Pokemon after four years (such as myself) quit watching the series long before then, because there is minimal variance in the storyline from episode to episode.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Oops! I didn't read the actual article first. I AM beyond sick of pikachu (anime).

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Haha...

Are you actually expecting that after more than 10 years, the writers will pause Pikachu's role in the anime or even stop it?! XD

That is like proposing having The Simpsons without Homer's "D'oh!" or Family Guy without Stewie. Taking them away is like taking away a small yet critical part of a picture.

I am pretty much neutral on the grounds of liking or disliking Pikachu, I'm not either. Pikachu is not gonna go anyways as long as little children say "OOH! CUTE LITLE THING!" and give their money to Nintendo.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Pikachu is CUTE! I would hug it! And it has the best voice ~ The voice actor is amazing (I think it's Ikue Otani) she can do so many different emotions *just* with the different syllables of Pikachu

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I quite like the little electric mouse. Though I still wouldn't approach without rubber gloves...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I would personally like to flatten Pikachu under a 40-ton big rig. It's one of the main reasons I don't watch the anime anymore. Ash and Pikachu are taking their friendship a little too far... Like, "private room at the Pokemon Center" too far... To be frank, it sickens and disturbs me.

Every time I hear it squeal, my urge to kill rises. And according to my doctor, psychiatrist, attorney, and parole officer, that's a bad thing.

Years
    O.K,
    Here are the polls so far:
    Pikachu Likers: 21
    Pikachu Dislikers: 11

So far, the Likers are ahead by 10.
    But there is still 6 days left to poll.
    Come on Dislikers! Poll, Poll, Poll!

Years
    I'd hug it, just to slip a knife into its back.
    When it's without Ash, I don't mind it. It's Ash that I hate most. But still, I wish Plotichu would be on his merry way AWAY. I'm aware it won't happen, he is the Pokemon mascot. I can't help but think that if they chose new characters for Johto, the series would be awesome. Far too late now though.....

Years
    I would personally like to flatten Pikachu under a 40-ton big rig. It's one of the main reasons I don't watch the anime anymore. Ash and Pikachu are taking their friendship a little too far... Like, "private room at the Pokemon Center" too far... To be frank, it sickens and disturbs me.

Dude, no offence, but it's a kids cartoon, how in god's name does one come up with that idea from watching it?

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    I voted "dislike" but...oh, well it's not that I hate it. I'd just say I don't like the way it can beat opponents that are far sromger than it and than suck in other battles. Besides, sometimes it's only present to defeat Team Rocket.
    I like the Pokemon itself, I don't like its role in the anime.
    But kill it? Naa...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Yeah guys, they should totally take out the most popular Pokemon who also just happens to be the mascot of the franchise.

Oh wait, that sounds stupid. Probably because it is.

You haters need to get over yourselves. It's fine to criticize if you have something to say. But getting angry over a cartoon and being so irrational just..is scary.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    So, wait, is it just ASH'S Pikachu we're talking about? Because in general I think Pikachu is awesome.<3 My sig and avvie say it all lol.

If we're talking about Ash's Pikachu, I think it's really overrated and overused.. but it's ok. I still like it none the less. ^_^"

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I like it and nothing will change about it.

Add me to the list, dude(tte).

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    People shouldn't make hatred threads like this, it causes flame wars right at the beginning. I understand everyone has different opinions, but don't make hatred threads like this again.

I like Pikachu.

Back