• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu; Hug or Kill? 1 WEEK TO VOTE UNTIL APRIL 17th!!!!!

I ____ Pikachu.

• Total voters
    Years
    You're right, it's completely ridiculous for people to voice their opinion. Especially if they not right next to "neutral". How dare people be capable of feeling strongly about something?
    Ash and Pikachu are the primary cause for many older viewers losing interest. They give the show its "kiddish" nature. I don't see how losing them will suddenly make younger viewers less likely to watch it.
    Well, NOW it would. Still, thinking about what could happen is just something humans do. Anti-haters need to get over themselves.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    You're right, it's completely ridiculous for people to voice their opinion. Especially if they not right next to "neutral". How dare people be capable of feeling strongly about something?

Good job of taking words out of context, bro!

No one is saying people can't voice their opinions. But besides the complete lack of logic people are using in this thread (Pikachu HELPS the popularity of Pokemon, it isn't a deterrent), the extreme character hatred is completely uncalled for (you know, the whole killing thing).

Ash and Pikachu are the primary cause for many older viewers losing interest.

The anime isn't made for older viewers.

Years
    Good job of taking words out of context, bro!

No one is saying people can't voice their opinions. But besides the complete lack of logic people are using in this thread (Pikachu HELPS the popularity of Pokemon, it isn't a deterrent), the extreme character hatred is completely uncalled for (you know, the whole killing thing).

The anime isn't made for older viewers.

Why thank you, I do try my best.
    I think you'll find liking/disliking something qualifies as logic as far as opinions go. Yes Pikachu helps the popularity of Pokemon, but if Ash had recieved something else, that would have done exactly the same and, in some of our opinions, done it better. "The whole killing thing" is and exaggeration. I don't think anyone on Pokecommunity would seriously consider killing a Pokemon, or anything really.
    Welcome to the world, people don't mean exactly what they say.

Of course the anime isn't made for older viewers. I just don't understand why a company would want to lose them, when they can keep them AND the younger generation. More viewers = more money.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I think you'll find liking/disliking something qualifies as logic as far as opinions go. Yes Pikachu helps the popularity of Pokemon, but if Ash had recieved something else, that would have done exactly the same and, in some of our opinions, done it better. "The whole killing thing" is and exaggeration. I don't think anyone on Pokecommunity would seriously consider killing a Pokemon, or anything really.

It doesn't matter if it's exaggeration or not. It's this huge double standard where anything popular like Pikachu or Piplup or Ash gets character bashed every day, usually in multiple threads and where an undying loyalty to old characters like Misty and Richie get praised with no room for criticism.

It's fine to voice opinions. But so much hating and bashing of characters is just not necessary. On other forums character bashing is prohibited and it makes for much better discussion.

Have you looked at these threads? Is there any of them that actually praise characters? No, it's bashing. And if someone DARES to defend these characters (or rather, how dumb or unfounded the bashing is) then they get slapped wit "fanboy".

Of course the anime isn't made for older viewers. I just don't understand why a company would want to lose them, when they can keep them AND the younger generation. More viewers = more money.

Because older viewers are an insignifigant minority to the anime. Catering to a very tinoy minority is relatively pointless.

As a 20+year old fan of Pokemon, I take Pokemon for what it is, a relatively simple franchise. If people can enjoy it for what it is, cool. If they can't, they should just stop watching the show/playing the games and not try to turn it into their own personal fan fic (see any post wishing for more "maturity", violence, sex, etc... in the anime).

Terminator

Destiny is the only motivation
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    yes pikachu can get rather annoying wouldn't really be ash without pikachu on his shoulder kinda ruins the whole series like dominios. But i do think he should freaking switch up his pokemon for once i miss snorlax :'[ and his endless amount of tauros.So i like pikachu ;]. Put me up for like.

And people around the world know who pikachu is changing that is like WTF MAN?!?
    its like how everyone knows who chuck norris is or hulk hogan >_>

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Pikachu has always annoyed me in the Anime since season 1.

It's voice just gets shriller and shriller, it DRIVES ME INSANE!
    I'd kill it. Get a many Raichu, Ash. Come on man.

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    Pikachu has always annoyed me in the Anime since season 1.

It's voice just gets shriller and shriller, it DRIVES ME INSANE!
    I'd kill it. Get a many Raichu, Ash. Come on man.
    this guy speaks the truth. I totally agree with you there man.

I don't want it to die, just to be evolved.

its like how everyone knows who chuck norris is

who..?

Terminator

Destiny is the only motivation
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    no chuck norris has a pikachu and it not Rondhouse Volt Tackle, Thunderchuck, Thunder Backhand, fly.....jesus people get it right.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    *Takes out a sniper rifle. Gets the best shot on Ash's Pikachu ever.*

Just tell me to pull it, and Ash will have some weight off his shoulder. Pikachu, sorry, but it is time to die.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Get rid of Uberchu. Because it is overpowered, and no rational explanation is given why.

I want to see a powerful Pikachu, but I also want an explanation as to WHY it's powerful. Like genedtic manipulation, or perhpas an amnesiatic, form-shifted legendary...

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Same here.

I'm all for the idea of a powerful, all-conquering Pikachu, just give a good, sound explanation as to why it's so powerful.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I Like The Yellow Mouse, But Some Thinks In Kill See To Pikachu Every Weeks in Shoulder of Ash More 11 Years is Bored...

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    The various death wishes of the previous posts are ridiculous over the top. Hating a Pokemon is perfectly fine, the way it is being expressed in the pervious few posts, on the other hand, is going overboard.

I don't pay much attention to Pikachu in the anime. It some times has some funny scenes and that's it. Seeing it disappear in the anime seems to be impossible for me unless the series is ended all together.

Back