• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu's a REALLY good friend of mine....

BadCompany

And a miss...
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    If you don't mind me asking... why exactly do people think it wouldn't work? The current misconceptions about it only stem from a strictly physical relationship with that of current animals.

When you really get down to it if they were as smart as people (which a lot of them seem to be) and were able to make the decision for themselves I see no problem.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    It depends on the way they treat each other... :)

Closest Pals and Friends... OK for Me!
    Trainees and Slaves... Hey! Treat them nice!
    Lovers... You're going too far!

P.S. = Treat them the way i treat my Pichu! :):):)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I hear the pickins are gooood for Lucario...Right, Bad Company? :P jk, I saw that one too. ^^"

anyways, I think it would be legal (with consent), but stongly discouraged by a vast majority of humankind, if not the majority of Pokemon. The older-fashioned behavioral foundation seems much more predominant in PokeEarth as opposed to our little planet, from my point of view.

also, about the Canalave book about Pokemon having relationships with humans, it said (paraphrased): "Pokemon would eat at the same table as humans," emphasizing more familial (brother/sister/mother/father) bonds. just my little tidbit there.

Last edited:

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Just to give everyone the full reference of that particular bit containing that part Mooglizer is this.

"There once were Pokemon that became very close to humans.
    There were once humans and Pokemon that ate together at the same table.
    It was a time when there existed no differences to distinguish the two."

Myself, I believe is may but not totally support the idea that there were relationships beyond that of just friendship in the past at least. You just always have to take into account there could be 1000 different ways how such could be interpreted. All I can be sure of is that it is very well possible that love can exist been a pokemon and a human in that world and it would not be so much scorned as say if the similar thing happened in this world.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    That's right, thank you.

The first line doesn't matter to me much, and the second one was my example, but the third... Hmm. Well, "no differences between the two" kinda does suggest a physical relationship... But, I still like to think my theory works, even if I was a bit mistaken about the degree of behavioral foundation ingrained into society.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    If you don't mind me asking... why exactly do people think it wouldn't work? The current misconceptions about it only stem from a strictly physical relationship with that of current animals.

When you really get down to it if they were as smart as people (which a lot of them seem to be) and were able to make the decision for themselves I see no problem.

I'm glad to find someone who isn't all "Ew, it looks like an animal, therefore its the same thing"

However, for certain species (e.g. Magnemite) a physical relationship of any level would be impossible - it doesn't evenhave any lips to kiss with and is classed as "Genderless" So...yeah...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Yeah, there is the whole bit about "mechanical" pokemon... You wouldn't even have an option for those.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Huh. Perhaps an original species of half-pokemon which branched off after a long time, dividing into Pokemon and humans?

Thank you for directing me to that little bit of information.

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
    "There once were humans and Pokémon that ate together at the same table."

Makes you wonder what happened there. I suppose back in Ye Olde Dayes a human family and their Pokémon were enjoying a meal, until the fine fellow at the far end of the table glared down his monocle, and angrily proclaimed "What is THAT doing at my table?!" while hurling a plate of piping hot potatoes.

I assume it was downhill from that moment.

Back