• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu's gender - What's your opinion?

What do you think Pikachu's gender is?

• Total voters

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
Years
  • This has been a huge poll in many forums. So many people argue over this *lol*
    What gender do you think Ash's pikachu is?

I've always thought of him as male. Pikachu is not girlish, he is just very friendly and sweet in his personality. I think Ash would get along and understand a female Pikachu, but i think there bond's particuarly deep 'cause Pikachu's a boy. I think his voice sounds more male. He also seems to like some of Ash's female friends for eg. Misty, he gets along with her in a really affectionate way.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    *pokes pokes*
    Pikachu is a male and Satoshi's Chikorita is Female...
    Pok?monpok?monshipping 4EVA! XD

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    I dunno...sometimes I think Pikachu is male, but other times I think Pikachu is female. Also, I am highly aware that Pikachu blushed around Kasumi's sisters--but does that really mean anything? People say Chikorita is a guy, yet it loves Satoshi. So in the end, I guess it could be anything. XD

Personally though, I like to think of Pikachu as female. I don't know why...maybe because I'm use to the cute ones being female and tough ones being male. But hey...*shrugs* that's just me.

James3

That better not be poo!
    Years
  • I think its male as its really happy towards Togepi (or has been) Plus wouldnt Picachu fallen in love with sato as well as chicortia

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
  • Jolteon!!! said:
    its male, but are ay talking bout ashs pikachu?, if not there are lots of different genders

Uhh no Jolt, we're talking about Ash's Pikachu here ^^;;
    I've always thought of Ash's Chickorita as a girl, it loves Ash and has a more girly attitude imo. It irritates me when people say that he's a boy 'cause some people can be sexist about Ash's pokemon x.x He's allowed to have female Pokemon =p

@ James - Well, i belive Kasumi's Togepi is a boy, Pikachu always did get along with him in such a sweet friendly way, but i think it was just a close friendship. Alot of people say Togepi's a girl though =/

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • For reason's I have yet to understand, the creators of the anime don't really like to label any Pokemon with a gender, unless you know that particular species is always a certain gender or it's blaringly obvious (such as Totodile being male for falling in love with a female Azumarill/eyelashes on some females).

In most cases, even the pre-determined gender Pokemon still act pretty average, and even they are still refered to as "it".

I assume that the reasoning behind this is that so it's open to interpretation for everyone. I don't know how setting a gender brings everyone down, so to speak, but they must have their reasons.

As for Pikachu, I'd say it's a male based on a lot of past experiences. That being said, though, the creators still keep you guessing.

Lizzie

{Tre' pwns j00} XD
    Years
  • In this one episode in pokemon it says that pikachu's a boy...I think Ash called Pikachu a HE or something, but it was revealed that pikachu is a boy

SweetLatias

-Pink girl XD-
    Years
  • Casey said:
    Pikachu is a male. He is the best friend of Ashy Washy. let`s me think,
    Pikachu had a crush on Jessie and Misty, so he can`t be a girl^^

Pikachu should have a crush on you, because you are the most wonderful girl on the world!

Pikachu is a little, sweet boy for me. he says sweet "Pika" all the time and its my favorite pokemon ^_^ he is a boy because, how Casey said, he had a crush on Misty and Jessie and Ash calls him "his buddy".

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
  • Casey said:
    Do you think, only girls like perfume? I think, guys like perfume also. Everybody likes nice scent^^

I agree with you Casey. Guys like and wear perfume too =p Perfume's a kinda sexist thing but it's cool on guys aswell. Just depends on whether you like to wear perfume or not. I think Pikachu liking it does not make him a girl, he just loved the scent. Well, each opinion to their own XP

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
  • j0eStER said:
    wow whoever said Ash's Pikachu is a FEMALE is stupid :badsmile:

Everybody can say own opinion about Pika`s gender. Don`t blame people for that! If someone thinks- Pika is a girl, its his own opinion. People don`t have to agree with you all the time.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Ok. Pikachu is a male. Ash referred to Pikachu as him and he many times in the show. If it makes you feel any better, I have a feeling that there will be no doubt by the end of the series.

Years
  • I personally think Pikachu is male. Sure he acts kinda girl-ish sometimes, but does any1 remember that old epidsode with that one valley of like, a billion Pikachu? Some of the voices on those Pikachu's were much higher than others. Maybe this can shed some light on the answer?

Back