• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pills

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
  • Do you have trouble taking pills?
    I sure as hell do. I have to chew them up. I can't take them normally. I have this thought that I'm going to choke on it, even though I eat food bigger than them and swallow it whole. I think it's because I'm trying to tell my body to treat the pill as food, even when it's not. I do not like taking pills, but I have trypanophobia so shots are just out of the question.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    First time I tried to swallow a pill with water it just wouldn't go down. I was told I should pretend I'm swallowing food and not water and it worked fine. I do sometimes get pills stuck on my tongue at times, but they aren't usually trouble for me.

Years
  • Not really because I Just drink the water afterwards quickly so it kinda washes it down.
    But I take tablets for acne so other then that I dont use pills that much.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    pff, I'll pop those things like candy. I had to take these fat antibiotic caps when I had my tooth infection and I took those without water. my pill game is strong

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I tried writing about my issues taking certain pills, but everything sounded so dirty :'D but yes, I can handle most pills. Sometimes I'll need to take them with a whole glass of water because my body won't be having any of it -__-

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I used to, but the only pills I take now are for anxiety/depression and ADHD. I do have a hard time swallowing larger pills. I have to break them in half. My usual pills, I used to have a hard time swallowing though. I eventually got used to swallowing them and don't have a problem with those ones anymore.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I can't even swallow the smallest pill. But, I don't generally take medicine so I haven't run into a huge problem with it.

My naturopathic doctor can't give me normal pill vitamins & supplements (which for some reason are almost always huge pills) so she has to hand mix my stuff into a tincture. It tastes horrible, but it's better than trying to swallow a pill.

Sirfetch’d

I had to take these really large pills once for something(I dont even remember what for now) and initially I had a lot of trouble because of the texture. However, after I took one or two they began to go down easier each time. Now I don't seem to have any trouble when taking them.

tonbo

~(˘▾˘~)
    Years
  • i used to be the worst at taking pills, and it got so bad that at some points i'd rather be sick than take the pills that i needed for whatever. but now that i'm a few months into roaccutane i'm absolutely used to it now.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I'm fine with taking pills unless they taste dreadful, in which case I retch profusely. My gag reflex is such that even larger pills don't bother me all that much.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Protip: When taking pills, do not tilt your head back as this constricts your throat and narrows the passageway making it more likely to get "stuck" in your throat. In fact, it's better to tilt your head down a little. Think of it like those Chinese finger traps, it tightens when you pull, and relaxes when you you push together. I was given this tidbit of advice from a speech pathologist in a hospital, so the more you know.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with pills, even horse pills. I used to take my birth control pills (they're tiny) without water, but that is actually more damaging than what it's worth to look like a bad ass for being able to dry swallow pills lol.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I've taken multiple pills daily for years so any resistance I used to have has long since disappeared lol
    swallowing is an art learnt with practice

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I rarely have problems with pills, with or without water. I only seem to have a problem if they are larger pills and I don't have any water, but it's not too big of a problem for me.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I used to be really afraid of taking pills for some reason. My mom and grandma (dad's side) are both weird and gag every time they try to swallow pills and i think there for a while it just kind of rubbed off on me and i started to do it too or i would just outright refuse to take something. but then i grew up, realized i had to take pills for pain at least and got over that habit because swallowing them is much easier than crushing them up in water or just chewing them.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    When I was a child, it was a huge problem to get me to take iron pills. I'd get so fearful about choking. Then after getting so many headaches, I eventually learned by taking the common headache alleviating medicines. Now I can swallow pills without problems most of the time.

Years
  • I can't swallow pills/tablets/capsules at all. Nobody can work out why but for some reason I cannot get them down. I need to take liquid meds or crush tablets up and take them with a shot of juice or something.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm fine with taking pills unless they taste dreadful, in which case I retch profusely. My gag reflex is such that even larger pills don't bother me all that much.
    Swallow quickly! Pretty sure you're not supposed to savor their taste (8

I can't swallow pills/tablets/capsules at all. Nobody can work out why but for some reason I cannot get them down. I need to take liquid meds or crush tablets up and take them with a shot of juice or something.
    Oh. I learned in pharmacology studies that pills are made to give an exact dosage over a certain amount of time. I wonder if that changes if you crush them and take them as a powder instead? Possibly, since powder dissolves faster than a solidly packed pill. But as long as you're fine in the end <3

Myself, I never quite had trouble with it. I really need some water to swallow with though. But last week I bought some flu pills in Ireland and man they were HUGE. How do they expect me to swallow those? I did, but I think I felt them go down through the throat and stomach ahah.

Years
  • Oh. I learned in pharmacology studies that pills are made to give an exact dosage over a certain amount of time. I wonder if that changes if you crush them and take them as a powder instead? Possibly, since powder dissolves faster than a solidly packed pill. But as long as you're fine in the end <3

They dissolve a lot quicker yeah, so they take effect faster. No negative side to it though.

Back