• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pinnacle of the Final Frontier

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
  • Frowning thoughtfully, Kaylin studied a signboard set up in front of the battle facility in which the preliminaries were being held. To his left Angel and to his right Griffin stared at the same board with similar intensity. After a long moment, Kaylin slowly raised one hand to point at a grey rectangle. "So if that's the hotel and we're here . . ." He moved his arm until he was pointing at a red circle. "Then to get to the hotel we go . . . that way?" The trainer lifted his other arm to point to his right.

Briefly Griffin considered, then shook his head. "No, I think this map is facing the other way. That means if we go toward that building over there and keep in that direction, we should find the hotel eventually." The older male motioned broadly as he spoke.

At Kaylin's side, Angel gave a small puff of flame in the direction the trio were facing. Kaylin raised his eyebrows. "Straight ahead? That means the building here would need to be . . ." His voice faded as he turned back to the map and once more attempted to decipher it.

"Man, this is giving me a headache," Griffin complained, putting his palm against one temple. "I think I'll just go exploring and stop whenever I happen to find the hotel."

"The referee told us the other battle facilities were closed to competitors," Kaylin warned.

"Yeah, but he also said we were free to look around otherwise. So that's what I'm going to do. Better than spending all day looking at this map, you know?"

He had a point. "Alright then. See you around." Kaylin gave a casual salute farewell.

Griffin waved in return. "Later. Just remember if we face each other again I won't lose." With that he chose a random direction and started away.

Once the other trainer was gone, Kaylin looked over at Angel. "I guess you should return to your Pokeball. I might be walking for awhile."

As the Chandelure vanished into her Pokeball, Kaylin thought he heard her giggle. Supportive as always, I see. The youth adjusted his backpack strap, glanced about, then rounded the sign and walked in the direction Angel had chosen earlier.

Twenty minutes later Kaylin strode into the coolness of the hotel lobby, mentally thanking Angel for having a better sense of direction than he did. The tamer made his way to the nearest counter and, leaning forward slightly, said to an employee facing the other way, "Uh, hey. I was told I had been assigned a room here."

The brown-haired man turned away from the book he had been inspecting and straightened his jacket. "I assume you're a competitor in the TSF event?"

"Yeah." Kaylin held up his Battle Pass. "Just finished with the prelims."

"I see. And your name?" The worker moved to a nearby computer and shook the mouse to rouse the device from sleep mode.

"Kaylin Maher."

"One moment, please."

As the man began typing, Kaylin gazed about the area. The lobby was tiled with a white marble pattern that matched the portions of the walls visible above dark wood paneling. Centered in front of the door was a large statue of a Pokeball beneath which the letters "TSF" were engraved. To one side was a set of couches and armchairs positioned around a coffee table. To the other side were a few potted plants across from three elevators. The counters, mostly made of wood, were topped by the familiar white marble. While not exactly luxurious, the hotel decor showed quality and class.

"Please sign here."

Kaylin's musings were interrupted by the employee's voice. The trainer paused for a moment, looking down at the document and pen that had been offered to him, before finally putting his signature on the page. "Here, right?"

"Yes." The man replaced the paper with a key card. "This is the key to your room, number 341. If you're hungry, feel free to call room service or visit the hotel restaurant." Here he paused to indicate a hall near the chairs. "Practice rooms are also available in that direction. Enjoy your stay."

Nodding, Kaylin flicked the card into the air and caught it. "Thanks. I'm sure I will." He made his way to the elevators, pressed the up button, and waited.

Years
  • OOC: Sorry about how long it took me to post this - I've been pretty busy lately, and this is quite a long post for me xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A huge luxury cruise liner slice through the Hoenn seas with quite some speed, but not too fast to disturb the many passengers sunbathing with their pokemon out on deck. Scatterred across the deck of the SS Fiona were multiple colourful parasols with equally colourful pokemon underneath them, and the people on the ship were either in the pool or just enjoying the pleasant weather on deckchairs. Vanessa Lea Greene was no exception - she was lying in the sun on a foldable deck chair with her loyal Ninetales Suki sat beside her. Suki was sleeping in the bright summer sun, and Vanessa was simply sipping delicately at a red cocktail drink.

Suddenly, a loud horn went off and the boat slowed to a stop. The huge battle frontier loomed ahead, and a huge bustle of people headed off the boat, all at once evidently, the whole lot of them eagar to get off the boat, but Vanessa wasn't quite as pleased. "Ughh, we have to get up now Suki." Vanessa shook the sleeping Ninetales gently, to wake her from her slumber. She yawned and gave Vanessa a dirty look for waking her up, but followed obediently at Vanessa's heels regardless, her nine tails waving gaily in the gentle breeze.

After waiting in a long queue to get off the ship, Vanessa was in a very bad mood - the people in the mammoth line were incredibly rude, pushing and shoving was a commonplace and it seemed to go on forever. With a foul look on her face and a sodden Ninetales by her side (she was squirted with water by an over-enthusiastic Croconaw in the line), Vanessa headed towards the signup counter.

When the pair reached the sign ups counter, they approached the lady and showed her her trainer card so that she could get their hotel keys and find out what to do first. "Right, here are your keys, but first off you have a battle in arena 13. It's just to the right when you enter the battle arenas area, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it." Vanessa nodded haughtily, and with her keys in hand she headed out to the battle arenas.

Upon arrival in arena 13, Vanessa noticed an elegant looking male standing on the other side of the arena, tapping his foot in annoyance. "You're late." He said, his face betraying no emotion. "Well sorry," said Vanessa, the haughty look on her face returning. "Well, are we going to battle or what?"

The referee pointed out the rules to the two battlers, saying that the two had to pick their pokemon and release them on a count of three. After a few moments of deliberation - Vanessa decided upon Artemis - he was a powerful battler and was only weak against fire types and had near countless resistances. Vanessa nodded in the direction of her opponent, and the referee counted from three, and at three the two battlers sent out their pokemon in a red flash of light. From the flashes came a giant metallic bug that stood at almost the same height as Vanessa, and from the flash of light on the other side came a beautiful white seal, it's silky fur shone in the bright light from the stadium roof. "The initiation battle of Vanessa Lea Greene and Louis Franklynn shall begin!" He rased a flag, and lowered it quickly to the ground.

"Quick, Artemis, use Agility!" The young Scizor nodded quickly towards Vanessa, and proceeded to limer hmself up by running around wildly. The Dewgong just sat and closed his eyes, evidently using a calm mind attack. Louis smirked, and Vanessa did the same - she had a plan. Whilst the pure white pokemon honed his abilities still, Artemis engaged himself in a graceful dance, sharpening the tips of his pincers and lithening up his body even more. Dewgong fired a beam of ice in his direction, but the speed he had built up before allowed him to dodge it smoothly before hitting it hard with a x-scissor attack.

"Not bad..." Louis muttered under his breath, before turning back to his elegant seal pokemon. "Surf!"

The Dewgong sat up and summoned a giant wave of water that came flooding towards Artemis. "Artemis, use Iron Head to get yourself through the wave!" Artemis's head shone much brighter than before, and he sliced his way through the barrage or water using only his head, and the impact with Dewgong was massive. It was sent flying against the nearest wall of the battle arena, and slumped to a stop when it finally landed back on the floor. "Return Dewgong!" Louis said, and placed the now vacant pokeball back onto his belt. "Nice battle - I've got to admit, I underestimated you a bit there. No wonder this island is only really for professionals..." He looked off distantly, and then headed out of the arena, presumably to the hotel in which everyone would be staying. "Hmph. What a pushover." Vanessa muttered to Artemis, and he replied in a childlike manner, "Yeah, he was easy to beat!" With her Scizor loping by her side, Vanessa strolled out of the arena, her long mahogany hair swinging lightly down her back.

The lobby of the hotel was much fuller than it was before - it was empty when Vanessa first got in there before, presumably everyone was taking their own entrance exams, but now it was a bustling hive of activity. Ignoring everyone else, Vanessa headed towards the elevator that would take her to her room. since the person at the desk didn't mention which room she'd be staying in, she looked down at the keys and on the keyring was a 3 didgit number, the one room that the key corresponded to.

Artemis was the first one to find the room that they'd be staying in, he flew on ahead until he reached room 242, which was the number on Vanessa's key. "Found it!" He cried out to Vanessa, and she ran ahead to the room, and turned the key. Upon entering the room, Vanessa flopped down onto the cushioned bed with her loyal Scizor beside her. "Finally, some time to settle in, eh Artemis?" No reply came from her mantis friend however, he was too busy playing around with the screen doors that lead out onto the huge balcony that was designed so that the pokemon could sleep outside if they wished. Vanessa decided to let him out for a while, along with all of her other pokemon that could fit on the balcony. With three flashes of light, Suki, Skadi, and Caillech materiallised and joined Artemis on the balcony.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • New missions are posted in the OOC thread (edited into my last post).

Sorry about how late in the day it is, I'll give you RPers an extra day to finish the new missions.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • 'kay here's my first roleplay post!

Chris stands amazed as he looks at the grand battle frontier. He saw humongous buildings that were even bigger than the pokemon league buildings.He stood there and rechecked his pokemon. He counted and they were all there and none were missing. He decided to let all of them out to let them see the battle frontier for themselves. Bliss was surprised because in all her days from an egg to what she is now, she never saw anything like this.Dreams felt differently, he felt excited and he flew all around the sky and threw flames everywhere.The rest of his team was plain bored and just stood there doing nothing.When he finally went down he decided to enter the team in a place he called the Battle Dome. He signed up and asked the receptionist, "Miss, may I know ho to use this facility?" The receptionist told him the instroctions and he went on.

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • After her battle with Jeffrey, the referee returned and told them they could return to their rooms for the night. Rina shook hands with him and headed off to the elevators. This had been a pretty tiring day, but she was already excited for what tomorrow would bring. Once she got to her room, she released Zephyr and Dusty from their pokeballs. Poseidon and Tyson were much too large to be let out now. Dusty went to stand by the window, while Zephyr immediately jumped into her arms. "Heya girl. How ya doing?" Rina cuddled her little Jolteon and set her on the bed. "You guys ready for tomorrow? I don't know what's going to happen yet, but I'm sure we can handle it."

"Jolt! Jolt!" Zephyr jumped up and down on the bed, full of energy.

"Krok…" Dusty agreed, still staring out the window at the world below.

--------------------

The next morning, Rina re-attached her pokeballs to her belt and headed down to the main desk once again. It seemed that she was assigned to train in a building called the Battle Pike. She was to choose three of her pokemon and make her way through seven different rooms that would test her luck. Since she had more than three pokemon, she was led to a building similar to a pokemon daycare. But which pokemon should she leave behind? She could never leave Poseidon, so that was out of the question. If Zephyr were left behind, she'd think it was because she was too small or weak. So it had to be Tyson or Dusty. After a moment of thinking, she clicked Tyson's pokeball off of her belt. "Sorry buddy, maybe another time." She handed the pokeball over to the day-care lady and left for the Battle Pike.

--------------------

The Battle Pike was extremely tall. There must be hundreds of room extending upwards into the sky. Rina entered the looming building and went up to the receptionist. She was informed that there were many arenas in the building, each containing seven rooms. There would be a mix of trainers, nurses, and wild pokemon in these rooms. The receptionist led her to an elevator, where she told Rina to insert her Battle Pass into the slot inside. She would be brought to a randomly chosen arena, where she would battle her way through all seven rooms until she won or was unable to go on. Rina thanked the woman and inserted her Battle Pass into the elevator slot. She was brought to a pair of double doors that had the words 'ARENA 15' printed on them. "OK guys, here we go." she said to her pokemon as she walked through those doors.

--------------------

Upon entering the first room, she saw a very familiar scene. There was a trainer on the opposite side of the room, and a Frontier Official waiting at the side. The official walked to the center of the room and announced: "Room Number One: Rina Hendrix versus Janette Burrows. This will be a one-on-one pokemon battle, with three pokemon each. Please choose your first pokemon."

Rina decided that she would use Dusty as her first pokemon. He was the newest member of her team and she wanted him to feel accepted. From across the room, Janette held out her pokeball. "I'm ready when you are." she said. Rina removed Dusty's pokeball from her belt. "I'm ready too. Let's do this. Go, Dusty!" She threw the pokeball in the air, releasing a particularly dark coloured Krokorok. At the same time, Janette released her own pokemon: Magneton. This matchup was actually pretty advantageous for Rina. Magneton's electric attacks would be useless, leaving it with only steel and normal attacks. Plus, Dusty's Earthquake would be ridiculously effective!

"Magneton, use Screech!" ordered Janette. The electric-steel pokemon created an earsplitting sound, lowering Dusty's defenses. Rina didn't want to waste any time pretending not to care about her type advantage. She would pull out all her strength right away. "Dusty, Earthquake, now! Take that thing down!" Magneton wouldn't last long if it was bombarded with a number of ground attacks. Dusty punched down on the ground hard, making it tremble and crack. The Magneton was hit by flying pieces of rock and concrete. The attack was super effective, draining it of at least half of it's health. "Magneton, no!" Janette yelled. "Get back at that oversized alligator! Tri-Attack!" Magneton let loose three beams of light and shot them at the Krokorok. The attack hit, but Rina wasn't phased. She knew they had this one in the bag. "Use Earthquake again, then Rock Slide to finish it off!" Rina wouldn't give Janette the chance to recall her pokemon. Not when she had this kind of advantage. Dusty knocked down the Magneton with another Earthquake and bombarded it with Rock Slide. The pokemon fainted immediately and was recalled by Janette.

"Ok, it's your turn now. Sandshrew, go!" Janette sent out her second pokemon, this time, a ground type. "Use Fury Cutter!" Uhoh. Rina hadn't thought that a ground pokemon would have a bug type move. The attack hit the Krokorok hard, pushing him backwards. Rina chose this opportunity to recall him and switch Poseidon into battle instead. "Return, Dusty!" She switched two of the pokeballs on her belt. "Go, Poseidon! Finish off this little mouse and use Hydro Pump!" The Blastoise shot two streams of water at Sandshrew, forcing it to the opposite side of the battlefield. It looked up at Poseidon, gave it an angry look, then used Dig to burrow underground. Without knowing where it was, all Poseidon could do was increase its defenses with Iron Defense. Sandshrew then blasted out from under the ground and slammed right into the Blastoise's shell. For such a small pokemon, it actually packed quite a punch. It began to Slash at Poseidon's shell now that it was in close range. He used Surf to push Sandshrew away and another Hydro Pump to finish it off. The onslaught of strong water-type attacks was too much for the Sandshrew and it fainted.

Janette knew she was out of luck. Her last pokemon was Onix, and he was extremely weak to water type attacks. But she wouldn't forfeit the match, no matter how big her disadvantage. "Go, Onix! Use Dragonbreath!" As soon as the rock snake emerged from his pokeball, he unleashed a stream of blueish-white energy at the Blastoise. "Retaliate with Surf! Then use Flash Cannon!" Poseidon let loose a huge wave that crashed against Onix and immediately followed it with a powerful steel attack. Onix, knowing he was going to lose, decided to use Double-Edge and go down fighting. The attack left Poseidon with some serious damage, but the recoil was too much for Onix and he fainted. Both trainers recalled their pokemon, knowing that the match was over.

The Official spoke up. "The match goes to Rina Hendrix. Rina, you may now move on to Room Two. Good Luck."

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • The receptionist told Chris that the event would still be at least 12 hours away.Chris decided to train his youngest pokemon,Bliss the Blissey.
    Bliss was fairly weak compared to the other members and hasn't battled for a good amount of time.He thought some practice would be good for Bliss and would also be a good chance to know the other members.So,Chris said to Bliss,"Bliss,I want you to train against Gerlude in battle.It will be a good chance for you to know Gerlude."Bliss was still hesitant as she dislikes battling.But eventually after Skar persuaded her,she agreed to fight Gerlude.The fight began.
    Gerlude moved in first with rain dance.It soaked Bliss and Gerlude completely.Prior to the battle Chris told Bliss that Gerlude will be fighting using his own will,but she will be commanded by Chris.So Chris commanded her to use Seismic Toss.Gerlude was helpless against the huge power of the slam and let out a cry of slight pain,"Samu...rott...."But because he had that much pride he kept going.
    He Lunged toward Bliss and slammed her with an aqua tail.Chris said,"Bliss,Softboiled,now!"Bliss quickly recovered and healed herself.Gerlude,still kept on and now ran in a zig-zag motion towards Bliss.Just when he was next to Bliss he used Razor Shell and hit Bliss.Now the tide has turned the Razor Shell hit Bliss and she was hurt bad.Seeing how the condition of both pokemon were,Chris decided to stop the battle and said,"Bliss,Gerlude,that's enough,return."He praised both pokemon and said to them,"Bliss,you should trust yourself more and be a bit more confident in battling."He turned to Gerlude and said,"You should go easier on her and don't be so serious,after all this is a training battle."
    They decided to sleep and rest up before the Battle Dome event.

Last edited:

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • Okay the battle Dome update :) !

When Chris woke up,he realized that the event was going to start soon.He rushed there and found out he was just in time for the event.The receptionist told Chris to pick three pokemon for the upcoming battles.Chris never expected this,he thought that he could bring all his pokemon to battle in the Battle Dome.He had a hard time deciding,he knew that if he left Dreams behind he would be charging to battle practically unarmed.But he also knew that if he left Gerlude,he would come to regret it in the coming battles inside the battle dome.So it was a choice between Kersy,Bliss and Skar.He decided after a long thought that he would bring Kersy the Persian into battle instead of the other two pokemon.

The receptionist showed him inside the arena.He was amazed by the sheer size of the Battle Dome's arena as it was huge and nearly as big as the pokemon league's arena.

after he was inside,he was told to pick two pokemon out of his three that he brought earlier.
    He didn't know what the enemy was going to use so he sent out the two powerhouses of his team,Dreams and Gerlude to battle.
    Inside the arena he found his enemy and they both sent out their first pokemon respectively.He sent out Gerlude to find him confronted by a Omastar.When the battle started,Chris immediately ordered Gerlude to use Rain Dance.His enemy,Sean ordered his Omastar to use Hydro Pump.Chris commanded Gerlude to dodge it but the sheer speed of the water pushed Gerlude backwards and he crashed onto a wall causing even more damage to Gerlude.
    "Gerlude use Aqua Tail,right now!"ordered Chris to Gerlude.As a reaction, Gerlude quickly ran towards Omastar in straight line and hit him with his tail.Omastar was left staggering after that attack but recovered and countered using a powerful Stone Edge that,yet again sent Gerlude flying towards a wall.But now,Gerlude could recover fast enough and kicked the wall strong enough to send him flying towards Omastar.seeing this chance,Chris immediately told Gerlude,"Gerlude quick, use Razor Shell while your charging towards Omastar!"But,slow as he is Omastar surprisingly dodged it."Omastar now,use Shell Smash followed by a Stone Edge!"Omastar's shell broke and his body glowed red.When he used Stone Edge,his broken shell pieces followed him and dealt great damage to Gerlude.When he recovered from the second Stone Edge that hit him,Gerlude nearly had no power left.So as an act of desperation,Chris commanded Gerlude,"Gerlude hit Omastar with everything you got,Use Brine followed by Aqua Tail!"Gerlude released a jet stream of water towards Omastar and because Omastar had been damaged badly as well it dealt double damage.After the Brine attack,Gerlude sprinted towards Omastar and hit Omastar with a very strong Aqua Tail,and since the power was boosted by the sheer speed of the run and the Rain Dance Gerlude used earlier both attacks dealt great damage.Omastar tried to hang on and Sean shouted,"Hang on Omastar,don't faint just yet!!!"
    Omastar was left very weak after that attack.He tried to hold on,but he evetually fainted.But because Gerlude used all his power he also Fainted.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • The cold, morning air filled Kaylin's lungs, clearing away the last tendrils of sleep from his mind and energizing his body. The trainer raised his arms and stretched as he made his way from the front entrance of the hotel toward the Battle Pyramid. Despite having been awakened at 6:30 to received his next assignment, Kaylin was in a fairly good mood. The hotel mattress was softer than the ground, the pillows were more comfortable than a rolled up shirt, and--perhaps most significantly--a day of new challenges awaited him.

As he walked down the stone pathway, Kaylin mulled over the information he had been given regarding the Battle Pyramid. Trainers were required to make their way through the seven floors of the Battle Pyramid with three Pokemon and no items except what could be found in the Pyramid, battling any wild Pokemon that could not be escaped as well as other trainers that might be met. In this case, stamina seems to be the key. That can be accomplished by either withstanding attacks or taking out the enemy before they can deal any significant damage. Given that my Pokemon are more offense-oriented, the latter choice makes more sense. But I can't count on dealing instant knockouts every time either . . .

A shadow edged into Kaylin's vision, causing him to look up. The Battle Pyramid loomed before him. Engrossed in his thoughts, the tamer had not noticed himself nearing the structure. "Here already, huh?"

Upon entering the Battle Pyramid, Kaylin's eyes quickly scanned the lobby. Only a few other trainers were present, suggesting that he was either early or late. The male strode up to the attendant waiting by the Battle Pyramid entrance and held up his Battle Pass.

"My name is Kaylin Maher, and I've been assigned to the Battle Pyramid today."

The man glanced at a list resting on a nearby stand and nodded. "Of course, welcome. You are aware that you are not permitted any items and only three Pokemon."

"Yeah, I heard." Kaylin took off his backpack and unclipped a Pokeball from his belt, then handed both to the attendant. "Take good care of them."

"We always do," the worker smiled before giving him a numbered tag. "Don't lose this. All possessions and Pokemon are matched to trainer name and ID, but the tag expedites the retrieval process considerably."
    Kaylin nodded and tucked the tag into his pocket. "Got it. Anything else?"

"You have until midnight to complete the challenge, though you may choose to quit at any point. Here--this is your item bag, and this is worn around the neck."

The tamer looked from the hemisphere and attached cord now in his palm back up to the attendant. "What's this for?"

"It's your light."

"My what?"

"Weren't you told? You're going to be in the dark."

"I--"

"Best of luck, Mr. Maher." The man pressed a button, activating the transport pad beneath Kaylin's feet.

As he looped the necklace light over his head, Kaylin shifted his gaze to and fro. The dim glow provided by the device once it flickered to life allowed a field of vision roughly one foot in radius. Making his way along one wall, the male peered into the vastness on his right. I can hardly see anything. This could take longer than--

A blade. Kaylin sprang back, narrowly dodging a sword-like tail swiping at his head. Hissing maliciously, a Seviper wound its way into the pool of light, swinging its tail slowly in preparation for another strike. Without a word, the trainer tapped a Pokeball on his belt. A scarlet flash briefly lit the area before forming into another, larger serpentine shape. Finbar growled, his neck arched threateningly over his opponent. The Seviper briefly quailed, then sprang forward with its jaw slung open and fangs bared.

"Stone Edge."

At Kaylin's command, Finbar swung a tail of stone directly into the snake Pokemon's mouth. The poison type was smashed into the ground with broken fangs. Struggling slightly, the Seviper raised its tail to fight back.

Looking on calmly, Kaylin ordered, "Against the wall."

The Gyarados lifted its opponent by its mouth--still hooked involuntarily onto the water Pokemon's tail by the pieces of fang remaining. With one more swing, Finbar slammed the Seviper into the wall. The wild Pokemon slid to the ground unconscious, and after a few seconds the light hanging from Kaylin's neck grew a little brighter. That's interesting. Stepping forward cautiously, Kaylin stroked the side of the Gyarados' head as he inspected the fainted Seviper. Finbar nudged his head against his trainer's hand affectionately in return.

"Good work, Fin. Not bad for a wild Pokemon, though, and I have a feeling they'll only get tougher from here. Think you're up for it?"

Finbar said nothing but merely stared at Kaylin as though he ought to know the answer. The young man smiled amicably. "In that case, I'll see you again soon." A tap of the Pokeball, and the Gyarados vanished.

Though he attempted to proceed carefully, Kaylin remained starkly aware that he stood out not unlike a Roman candle against the night sky. The light was both a blessing and a curse. Hearing something move ahead, Kaylin ducked into a side passage, only to nearly trip over a Gulpin. Upset, the wild Pokemon stretched its mouth open and released a noxious gas. Kaylin covered his mouth and dashed past the Gulpin. Though the stomach Pokemon was not particularly fast or aggressive, the substances it secreted were still dangerous. As he slowed his pace, Kaylin felt his foot bump an object. For a moment he was concerned it was another Gulpin, but upon looking down he saw an Ether. Even better, at the edge of his vision the trainer caught the gleam of a blue tile. Picking up the Ether, Kaylin stepped forward onto the tile. A strange yet familiar sensation passed through him, and he found himself on the next floor. Looking down, Kaylin noticed the light around his neck had dimmed to its first stage. I guess it resets on every floor. He turned.

A Seviper.

Face to face with the snake Pokemon, Kaylin sighed. "Not again," he muttered, then turned and ran. Though he guessed any one of his Pokemon could defeat the Seviper, conserving their health and energy for emergencies seemed the best option. Still . . . The tamer glanced back over his shoulder at the small pack of Pokemon now pursuing him. Looks like two Skarmory and a Butterfree have joined the Seviper. If I don't find the transport pad soon, I might end up needing to fight after all. Kaylin skid around a corner and continued down the hall, the wild Pokemon close behind. Up ahead he saw a Butterfree hovering. Tch. Is there a way around it? As he drew near the bug type, Kaylin thought he saw something blue just beyond it. Maybe this'll work out after all. "Ice Fang, Finbar."

The Gyarados materialized beside its trainer and surged forward, closing its jaws about the Butterfree before the wild Pokemon knew what was happening. Before the frozen Butterfree hit the floor, Finbar was already back in his Pokeball. Kaylin circled his fallen opponent and slid to a stop on the blue tile a few feet away. He vanished, leaving his pursuers gazing at empty air.

Wiping the back of his hand over his forehead, Kaylin leaned back against a wall. I wonder if every floor's going to involve that much running. Might even be more, depending on how long it takes me to find the teleport pad. All I know is . . . The trainer straightened as a sweet aroma reached him. . . . my first opponent is already here. With a dead end to his back and the fragrance coming from down the only hall, meeting the source of the scent seemed inevitable. Kaylin rested his hand over his Pokeballs as he made his way forward. Before long a Roselia came into view. Facing him, the plant type raised its flowers in preparation for combat.

"So you've been expecting me, too," Kaylin commented, pressing a button on the center Pokeball. Angel appeared from the resulting ruby glow. "Flame Burst," he directed.

In the same instant Angel hurled an orb of fire at the wild Roselia, the Roselia cast forth a purple cloud. The flames cut through the cloud and struck one of the Roselia's flowers as it sidestepped. Angel backed away from the remaining smoke, coughing slightly.

Was she poisoned? "Angel, are you alright?" Kaylin asked, keeping his eyes warily on the enemy Pokemon.

The Chandelure flared slightly in response.

"Good. We'll take the enemy out at the next opening."

The Roselia, angered at the damage to its valued flower, sent a flurry of leaves at Angel.

Just what we needed. Giving a slight nod toward his Pokemon, Kaylin commanded, "Energy Ball the leaves, then Flame Burst."

Angel smiled knowingly as she sent forth a massive, glowing sphere. The sphere tore apart the leaves but, due to its reduced density, did not vaporize them completely. As the light dissapated, the Roselia peered through the falling leaf fragments, searching for a sign of its opponent. Noticing a light source behind it, the plant type whirled about in time to see a still-smirking Chandelure sliding noiselessly out of a wall. Angel released a point-blank Flame Burst, instantly knocking the Roselia out.

"Good work, Angel." Kaylin snapped the ghost type's Pokeball open and withdrew her. She'll put on a tough face, but that looked like a Toxic attack earlier. If there's something in this place that removes poison, I want to find it as soon as possible. With only a glance at the Roselia's still form, Kaylin dashed down the passage.

After passing through two open areas, a room, and turning back from three dead ends, Kaylin discovered an object lying on the ground. "Looks like a Pecha Berry," he murmured. "The last Hyper Potion and Cheri Berry were nice, but this is closer to what we need right now. Hopefully it's not too late." As he tried to pick up the Pecha Berry, Kaylin felt something pulling on it from other side. Instinctively he let go and stepped back.

A Gengar rose from the ground, grinning as it tossed the Pecha Berry from hand to hand.

"Want to make me work for it, huh?" Kaylin commented. "Normally I wouldn't mind playing, but I don't have time for that right now." The trainer reached down to his side and activated a Pokeball. "Take him out, partner."

Darcy roared as he burst forth, spreading his wings and rising to the ceiling. Energy frothed about the Hydreigon's mouth before shooting downward in a single beam. The ground shattered as the Gengar was flattened into it by the Dark Pulse. Smoke rose from the Pokemon's body, every inch scorched except the hand holding the Pecha Berry. Kaylin plucked the berry from the fainted Gengar's hand and tapped Angel's Pokeball. The Chandelure glanced to and fro, searching for her opponent before she noticed the item her trainer was offering her. She ate it without question.

"Feeling better, Angel?" the tamer asked.

She nodded. Not quite as tasty as a soul but more needed at the moment. Darcy and Angel traded glances with each other before vanishing back into their Pokeballs.

After a few more minutes of searching, Kaylin found the teleportation tile leading to the fourth floor. The male scanned the area. Almost halfway there. He adjusted the bag slung over his shoulder and started into the darkness. Though he nearly tripped over a couple more Gulpin during the next half hour, escaping them was not too difficult. Unfortunately the next teleport pad remained to be found, and he was starting to lose track of where he had searched.

"You're lost, aren't you?"

Kaylin whirled about. A girl with red hair and an impish gleam in her eyes smiled coyly as she approached him. From the light hanging about her neck, he guessed she was another contestant. "You could say that," he admitted.

Plucking a Pokeball from her side, she leaned in close. "In that case, I have a proposition for you." The girl flicked the Pokeball into the air, releasing a Hitmontop. "If you beat me in a three on three battle, I'll tell you everywhere I've searched. And if I win, you'll tell me everywhere you've searched."

"Do I have a choice?" Kaylin raised an eyebrow.
    She laughed. "Nope. So let's fight already."

Sighing, the male selected a Pokeball. "Do I at least get to know my opponent's name?"

"Weeellll fiiiine," the girl teased. "My name's Leila. And yours?"

"Kaylin. And this . . ." He opened a Pokeball, releasing the Chandelure within. ". . . is Angel."

"Pleased to meet'cha and pleased to beat ya," Leila quipped. "Ready?"

"Ready."

Leila sprang back, sweeping her hand forward as she called out, "Hitmontop, Stone Edge!"

The fighting type's feet transformed to rock as spun on its head moments before it sprang toward Angel.

Kaylin did not flinch. "Knock it back with Shadow Ball."

Ghostly energy flew from Angel, slamming the Hitmontop back to the floor before it reached her and leaving it unsteady.

"Another Shadow Ball, and aim for the head," Kaylin directed. The spinning of the feet maximizes contact between Hitmontop and the Shadow Ball, but it also knocks more of the attack away. Time to see which strike does more damage.

"Dodge and Pursuit!" Leila commanded, her previously lighthearted features now grim.

Angel's Shadow Ball struck empty ground as the enemy Hitmontop sprang into the air. The fighting Pokemon came down on Angel headfirst, striking her center as she looked up. The Chandelure glared at her opponent and released another Shadow Ball as she fell, launching the Hitmontop back into the air. The moment it reached the ground, Angel's next Shadow Ball bowled it over. Breathing hard, the Chandelure stared resentfully at her motionless opponent.

With a sigh Leila withdrew Hitmontop and cast another Pokeball into the air. "Don't think it's over yet. Ivysaur, Vine Whip! Hold that Chandelure still."

The plant Pokemon emerged in a flash of light, vines shooting from beneath its flower bud and grasping Angel's arms.

"Now Rock Smash, Ivysaur!"

"Energy Ball, then finish with Flame Burst."

Using its vines, Leila's Ivysaur slammed Angel into the ground. At the same instant Angel threw an Energy Ball downward, slowing her descent enough to minimize the force of the blow. As the dust cleared, the ghost Pokemon sent fire running along her opponent's vines. The flames combusted the moment they reached the Ivysaur, knocking it out in one blow.

Seeing Angel struggling to raise herself back into the air, Kaylin grimaced slightly. "It's alright, you don't have to push yourself."

Both trainers returned their Pokemon to their Pokeballs and reached for another. Scarlet lit the field as two new fighters came into play.

"Kricketune, X-Scissor!"

"Finbar, Waterfall."

Insect and serpent charged one another, the Kricketune's blades flashing as they came down on the Gyarados. Water poured from beneath Finbar's scales, surrounding him as the two opponents smashed into one another.

"Grab him, Finbar."

Kaylin's command came as the Pokemon were falling away from one another. The water type, flinching from the cuts now on his face, swiftly recovered and wrapped his tail around the Kricketune.

"X-Scissor again, Kricketune. Make him regret trying to hold on to you."

"Stone Edge."

Kricketune's arms came down on Finbar's tail—now made of stone—sending vibrations back through the bug Pokemon's body. As the Gyarados' hold tightened, its opponent's strikes became increasingly frantic until, almost suddently, they ceased entirely. Kaylin tapped Finbar's Pokeball, causing him to turn to light and disappear. Leila dashed forward to inspect her fainted Pokemon.

"Don't worry," Kaylin reassured her. "He didn't have the defense to last long, but I made sure not to go overboard either."

"Thanks, I guess." The female trainer withdrew her Kricketune, then straightened. "Anyway, a deal's a deal. I've searched for the tile leading to the next floor all over in that direction." She waved her hand to her left. "My time in the Pyramid's up now, but good luck, Kaylin." Leila's light dimmed as she vanished, presumably teleported away.

Kaylin rested his palm against his forehead as the light hanging about his neck brightened. "That was interesting . . ." He felt something bump his back and turned to see Finbar. "Oh, right. Thanks, Fin--I'll heal her now." The tamer removed a Hyper Potion from his bag and released Angel. The Chandelure bowed slightly, allowing herself to be healed as the Hyper Potion was sprayed on her. Once the bottle was emptied, it disintegrated. "Feeling better, Angel?" Kaylin questioned.

The Chandelure stretched her arms and rocked slightly as a nod.

"Glad to hear it. I'll try to give you a bit longer to rest, but I may be depending on you again soon." As Kaylin recalled Angel, she frowned slightly--more likely in regard to the former statement than the last. Adjusting his glowing necklace, the male ventured back into the dark. Using his previous search as well as Leila's to narrow the possible areas, he found his way to the fifth floor in under ten minutes.

The moment he arrived at the next floor, Kaylin felt something dart past him. A thin line of blood slipped down his cheek. Touching his face, the trainer discovered a cut. A screech, a rush of air, and a second cut joined the first. Raising his light up, Kaylin caught a blur of purple just before a slice formed on his arm. That sound, the color, and this speed . . . a Crobat maybe? After casting a quick glance about, Kaylin sprinted down the nearest hallway. If it's a Crobat, I know I have no chance of outrunning it. I doubt any of my Pokemon can keep up with it either, so I'll have to rely on the strengths we do have. He slid to a stop just before slamming into a wall. "Looks like a dead end . . . perfect."

A wave of air struck Kaylin diagonally, hitting his shoulder and neck. Though a little dazed he was able to reach one of his Pokeballs. Finbar materialized in time to be hit by the wild Crobat's next Wing Attack. Roaring angrily, the Gyarados looked about for his enemy.

"Stay calm," Kaylin said as he rubbed his throat. "I'm sorry, friend, but you're going to take some hits here. Just trust me as you always do, and I'll get you through."

At his trainer's words, Finbar quieted and fell still. Kaylin returned his hand to his side, his grey-blue eyes intently staring into the dimness before him. A purple mark darted about, scarcely slow enough for the human's eyes to see and already in a new location before directions could be given. Another attack caused Finbar to flinch slightly. Judging by the wild Pokemon's position, that was a contact move. He seems to favor that move since five of the six blows he's dealt have been that one which, I am guessing, is a Wing Attack. Going by the three attacks to me and the two to Finbar, this Pokemon doesn't have a set attack pattern. He does have set attack times, though, which means . . .

"Waterfall, now." Kaylin's voice snapped like a whip.

Water poured from beneath Finbar's scales, hitting the wild Crobat in a wave just as it was swooping in for its next attack. In the confined space of the dead end, the liquid swirled about--pinning the bat Pokemon to first one wall then another before finally dropping it to the floor.

Soaked by the serpent Pokemon's attack, Kaylin pushed back a bit of wet hair. So it was a Crobat after all. "Finish it with Ice Fang. Don't let your enemy up."

Finbar loomed over his opponent, cold mist surrounding his jaws. As the poison type attempted to rise, the Gyarados' fangs flashed down once, leaving the Crobat unconscious. Relaxing slightly, Kaylin removed his jacket to wring it out. Before he could speak, however, he caught sight of a light approaching. Moments later he heard clapping.

"I saw your battle. That was some fancy fighting." A girl with short, platinum blond hair came into view. She appeared to be a few years younger than Kaylin and had one eye partially hidden beneath a cap. "My name is Rachel. Think you're up for another fight?"

"Well if that's an official challenge, I don't think I have much choice," Kaylin laughed.

"It is." Rachel produced a Pokeball from beneath her jacket. "And you don't. First up it's your Gyarados versus my Elekid. Elekid, let's go!" She cast her Pokeball forward. A yellow Pokemon leaped forth from a red glow, energy crackling about its body.

Looking up at Finbar questioningly, Kaylin asked, "Think you're up for another round?"

The water Pokemon growled and coiled forward, his eyes fixed on his latest opponent.

"Then we're all agreed." Rachel folded her arms across her chest. "Elekid, Thunderbolt!"

"Redirect with Waterfall, then Stone Edge."

Lightning shot forth from between Elekid's prongs, making a direct line toward Finbar. Water washed out from the Gyarados' body as the electricity hit, current running down the water as it hit the ground. Finbar gritted his teeth, feeling the health drain from him even as he raised his tail. Slicing through the wave he had created, he scored a direct hit with Stone Edge. The Elekid dropped, the electricity it had been casting finally fading away. Rachel frowned as she withdrew her Pokemon, pausing a moment before she released the next. "Alright then. Take him out, Ninjask."

Kaylin held up two Pokeballs. "Sorry, but you'll have to wait on that. Come back, Finbar. And Angel . . . I guess your rest wasn't as long as I'd hoped."

In two flashes of scarlet, the male trainer's Gyarados vanished to be replaced with a Chandelure. Kaylin returned his Pokeballs to his side. Rachel sighed. "Just my luck . . . Ninjask, Swords Dance then Aerial Ace."

Too many fast Pokemon on this floor. If Angel can get in one good hit, though, that should be enough. "Angel, Flame Burst. Knock out your enemy as soon as possible. We don't need it getting any faster than it already is." Failing that, we can do what we did last time we fought a Ninjask. If things go well enough, it'll work as well as it did then.

Glowing faintly, Rachel's Ninjask flitted about Angel, dodging the flames she hurled at it again and again. Occasionally the Ninjask swooped in for an Aerial Ace which the ghost Pokemon could not seem to completely avoid. With each attack, the Ninjask's speed increased. Though Angel's attacks grew quicker as she adapted to rhythm of the battle, the bug type was always one step ahead.

"I think that's enough, Angel, don't you? Use Clear Smog."

A wave of white mist rippled from Angel on all sides, striking her opponent before dissolving into the air. The Ninjask buzzed angrily before resuming its previous movements. Now, however, it was slower--considerably slower.

Rachel's eyes narrowed. She knew her Ninjask's speed had been reset, and she had a feeling about what was going to happen. "Ninjask, Double Team!"

"Flame Burst."

Just as the Ninjask's image was beginning to divide, an orb of flame struck it in the stomach. Though she had attempted to suppress her frustration, Angel could not prevent herself from making her attack hit a little harder than usual now that she knew she could follow her opponent's movements. Still simmering with anger, the Chandelure readied another Flame Burst attack.

"That's not necessary," Kaylin said quietly. "It's already over."

"This round. But I still have one Pokemon left," the female trainer reminded him as her Ninjask reoccupied its ball. She threw another Pokeball onto the battlefield. "Gabite, go!"

"Angel, return. Darcy, this one is yours."

Two dragons materialized, one on each side of the field. They gazed at one another appraisingly, a rumble in their throats. Almost simultaneously the trainers broke the tension.

"Dragon Rush, Gabite!"

"Darcy, Dragon Pulse."

Gabite swept forward, pushing Darcy back as it slammed into him. The Hydreigon's hands bit down on the Gabite's arms, holding it in place. A hint of madness showed in the dark type's eyes. Darcy's mouth snapped open, releasing a blast of energy. Kept in place, Rachel's Pokemon struggled as the Dragon Pulse battered it. Once the attack was complete, Darcy dropped his opponent steaming to the floor. The ground Pokemon forced itself to its feet and resumed a fighting stance.

"I'm impressed. Not too many Pokemon can withstand Darcy's Dragon Pulse--especially at that range." Kaylin smiled, then looked over at his partner. Though the Hydreigon was watching Gabite and its trainer, he sensed Kaylin's eyes on him.

"Gabite, Dragon Claw!" Rachel ordered.

Springing up, the smaller dragon swiped glowing claws at the larger's neck. Darcy turned his arm and released another Dragon Pulse from one of his smaller heads. The Gabite fell down unconscious as a small cut formed on Darcy's shoulder. Without a sound the Hydreigon lowered himself at his trainer's side. Rachel snapped open her Gabite's Pokeball and withdrew it.

"Well, I guess that's that." Adjusting her hat, Rachel tucked her third Pokeball away. "Thought you might want to know: I think I saw a useful item in one of those hallways you passed. Anyway, goodbye." The tile beneath her hummed faintly, and she vanished.

Darcy lowered his head and picked up his partner's jacket from where it had been dropped at the beginning of the match. Looking at the dripping article of clothing, Kaylin remembered he was still wet from Finbar's Waterfall attack. Funny the things you can forget during a battle. Kaylin accepted the jacket with a half smile. "Thanks, Darcy. Mind, uh, helping me dry off while we go grab that item Rachel mentioned?"

Last edited:

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • As the doors behind her closed, Rina looked around the room. There was no sign of anyone in here. She saw the doors to Room Three to her right. This seemed WAY too easy. The Frontier wouldn't just give her a freebie room. Instead of heading over to the door, she called out. "I know someone or someone is in here. You'd better come out now." As if she had been waiting for her cue, a Kirlia appeared right in front of Rina. "Kirliiiia!" she cried, making a strong (yet adorable) battle pose.

Ha! I knew it! But only one pokemon? Huh. I musta gotten lucky in this room. "Ok, Kirlia, let's get this battle started. Dusty, go!" She released the Krokorok from his pokeball once again. Hardly any of Kirlia's moves would be affective against him. This would be too easy. Out of self defense, the wild Kirlia let loose a Thunder Wave, but it had no effect. "Dusty, use your Crunch attack!" The dark pokemon ran up to the Kirlia, attempting to bite down on it, but Kirlia Teleported away just in time. "Damn, that'll get annoying. Use Torment to prevent it from Teleporting too much." Dusty started to taunt the other pokemon, making it angry. "Use Crunch again! It can't get away this time!" Dusty was successful in his attack this time, causing double damage due to the type advantage. Kirlia retaliated with one of its few non-psychic attacks, Magical Leaf. The sharp glowing leaves swarmed around Dusty and cut his skin. The Krokorok roared in pain and used Earthquake to knock Kirlia down. The wild pokemon Teleported out of the range of the Earthquake, right near Rina. "Woah!" Rina was taken off guard at the sudden appearance of the pokemon. "It's over here!" Dusty ran over to protect his trainer, using Crunch again. The Kirlia was beginning to look tired from so many dark-type attacks. It used Magical Leaf again in attempt to stop the Krokorok from attacking again, but failed. The dark crocodile broke free of the swarm of leaves and used Crunch one last time. Kirlia didn't even have time to Teleport. The wild pokemon fell to the ground and the doors to Room Three opened up. "Awesome. Good job, Dusty. C'mon back." Rina called him back to his pokeball and headed into the next room. She felt a bit bad for the beaten Kirlia, but she had to move on.
    ---------------

Another trainer stood at the far end of the next room. "Looks like I'll be in for another battle, I guess." Rina walked up to the edge of the battlefield and held her hand over the pokeballs on her belt. She looked over at the official she knew would be off to the side. "So, any special rules this time? Or can we just get this party started already?" Instead of the TSF official answering, her opponent spoke up instead. "Actually, there is something different about this battle. You see, whoever wins will be able to heal all of their pokemon. That way, it'll be easier to make it through the next four rooms." He released the pokemon from the pokeball he had been holding. "My name's Zach, and this is Audino. Let's see how good you really are."

"Alright, I accept your challenge. Let's battle." Rina chose a pokeball and released the pokemon inside. The flash of white light disappeared, revealing a little Jolteon who was growling at the Audino. "Ok, Zephyr! Let's show 'em what we've got! Use Thunder Wave to paralyze it!" The Jolteon let out a wave of electrical energy, paralyzing its foe. Unfortunately, Audino immediately used Refresh, curing itself of paralysis. Obviously, that tactic wasn't going to work. "Ok, new plan. Don't give it any time to heal. Keep attacking. Move around the room to avoid being hit and just keep attacking." Zephyr needed no further instruction from Rina. She darted around the room as quick as she could, only stopping to unleash a Thunderbolt or Discharge attack. Her species was known for its speed, so the Audino was no match for it in that category. Every time Audino turned to face her, it felt the force of the electrical attack and watched her disappear in a flash. The Healing pokemon took whatever opportunity it could to heal itself, but it was not enough. The onslaught of electric attacks finally caught up with the Audino, who promptly fainted.

Zach was shocked ((pun :P)) that his pokemon had fallen so quickly. He returned Audino to its pokeball and sent out his next pokemon. "Your baby Jolteon better watch out! It's no match for my Hippowdon!" The lumbering ground pokemon roared and stared down its opponent. Zephyr was small to begin with, but standing next to that Hippowdon, she looked like she'd just hatched from her egg. Rina tried to call her back, but Zephyr kicked the pokeball away. She'd just been called a baby by her opponent. There was no way she'd give up now. She let loose a Shadow Ball at the Hippowdon, causing it to anger and retaliate with Sand Tomb. The mini sandstorm swirled around Zephyr, continuing to do damage over time. Hippowdon then burrowed underground, preparing itself to use Dig next turn. Rina called out to her pokemon. "Get out of the way! Run!" Zephyr looked back at her trainer, as if asking "Where?" She ran off in a random direction, but the Hippowdon could feel the vibrations of her paws hitting the ground and followed her. It emerged from below the Jolteon, surprising it and doing double damage from the type advantage. Meanwhile, the Sand Tomb was still doing damage. Zephyr was starting to look pretty tired. She fired another Shadow Ball at Hippowdon, but it simply took the damage and burrowed underground again. She steeled herself for the incoming Dig attack, hoping she could take it. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. The dust settled and the sandstorm ceased, revealing a fainted Zephyr lying on the floor. Rina recalled her and chose a new pokeball. "You'll pay for that, y'know. Poseidon, come out and defend your sister!"

Now the opposing Hippowdon was more matched in size. Poseidon stood about as tall as the Heavyweight pokemon and looked much more dangerous. He had become very attached to Zephyr, thinking of her as his little sister. The Poseidon standing in front of Hippowdon wasn't his normal, friendly self. This Poseidon was serious and fiercely determined to take down his opponent. He roared menacingly and shot a Hydro Pump right in Hippowdon's face. "Yes! Now, protect yourself with Iron Defense. That thing's pretty strong. Then retaliate with Surf when you get the chance!" While the Blastoise's skin glistened a shiny silver, Hippowdon took the opportunity to dig underground. That tactic had worked before, so why not now? Fortunately, Rina came up with a bright idea. "Flood the tunnel with Surf! Wash it out of there!" Poseidon created a large tidal wave and forced the ground-type out of the ground before it had the chance to attack. He then finished it off with another Hydro Pump while it was still disoriented. The giant pokemon fell to the ground, exhausted. Zach recalled it and sent out his final pokemon.

Rina was surprised at what pokemon appeared next. It wasn't very often one saw a trainer with a Rotom. The electric/ghost pokemon hovered in the air in front of Poseidon, smiling happily. It seemed eager to battle. "Rotom, use Shock Wave! Take down that water-type!" The Rotom unleashed an unavoidable electric pulse, knocking the Blastoise back a couple steps. Poseidon used Surf in response, causing Rotom to react in the same way. It then used an even more powerful electric move, Discharge. Posiedon was clearly in pain now. He shot a Hydro Pump at the Rotom from his spot on the ground before finally fainting. He hadn't been in top form for this battle, anyways. The Onix had done some damage in their last trainer battle. Rina recalled Poseidon and sent out her only remaining pokemon, Dusty. Things were getting down to the wire now. Luckily, she had the type advantage here.

"Dusty, we need to end this battle, quickly! Use Crunch as much as you can, and Rock Slide to make it flinch!" The Krokorok ran up to the Rotom, biting it with its strong teeth. It flew away from the dark pokemon and used Ominous Wind. A foul stench filled the room, making Dusty lose health just by inhaling. He used Rock Slide from a distance, hoping the foe would flinch. Luck, it seems, was on his side. The Rotom flinched, giving Dusty time to run in for another Crunch attack. It retaliated with Hex, but the attack wasn't very effective. Dusty used Crunch once again and the Rotom fainted. "Wow. that was certainly an impressive battle." Zach said as he returned his pokemon. "And I was so close to beating you, too. *Sigh*. Oh well, a promise is a promise." Zach revived his Audino, who proceeded to use Heal Pulse on all of Rina's pokemon until they had fully recovered. "Well, my journey ends here, but good luck to you in the next rooms. Maybe we can have a rematch sometime." Rina smiled at the boy. "Sure, sounds good." She walked towards the doors to Room Four, giving a backwards wave as she left. "See you around."

Last edited:

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • After both pokemon fainted, Chris switched into his final pokemon, Dreams. While Sean switched into his Kirlia and swiftly used Calm Mind. The psychic type calmed down and attack using Confusion.
    Dreams had no time to react, he immediately flew upwards to dodge the confusion attack and countered back by flying towards Kirlia and landed on the ground behind her.

"Dreams use Dragon Tail, full power!"Said Chris once seeing that Kirlia was in a perfect position to get hit by it.
    Dreams' tail was glowing and he hit Kirlia with full power.
    The hit left Kirlia badly weakened. But despite the circumstances, Sean was still on the defensive and ordered Kirlia to use Calm Mind followed by a quick Double Team. Chris was worried now by the fact that Kirlia used double team and has made many shadow copies of herself.
    He realized the only way to truly hit Kirlia using Dreams was to use and all out barrage of attacks at the clones. After thinking it through, Chris ordered,"Dreams, fly up and summon down your Draco Meteor upon Kirlia!!"

At command, Dreams flew up and his body started glowing orange, once the glowing stopped, Dreams had already formed a beam inside his mouth which he shot up into the sky with several other smaller beams. As the beams reached the sky, they exploded into hundreds of smaller beams which rained down on the arena and completely decimated the stadium in the process. along with the stadium, Kirlia was hit by many beams and was barely standing.

Now, Sean was determined and ordered Kirlia to use Healing Pulse on herself. She was healed completely afterwards and was refreshed.
    "Kirlia use Calm Mind followed by Psychic!!!"commanded Sean.
    Now, Kirlia was even calmer and when she used Psychic,her eyes were glowing in many colors and Dreams' body was covered in a purple light which quickly became larger and eventually covered Dreams' body.
    Once covered,his body was thrown high into the air and smashed down into the ground.
    When he recovered his body was battered and hurt due to the immense force of the drop. Chris worried about his condition in the fight as he has lost Gertrude and if Dreams was beaten he would have no more pokemon.

Once his decision was made he ordered Dreams,"Once again,use all your power to send Kirlia flying towards the sky using Dragon Claw and finish her of using Draco Meteor!"
    Dreams' claw was glowing white and he lunged towards Kirlia and used his claws to punch her upwards.He then immediately charged all his energy and now was glowing a ruby red instead of the normal orange.Once he was finished charging, there was a huge red sphere inside his mouth and he threw the sphere upwards towards the sky followed by several golden beams.
    In the sky,the beams exploded and split into hundreds of multicolored beams instead of the regular orange beams and hit Kirlia by the hundreds in the air.
    She was instantly pummeled down into the ground and fainted upon reaching the ground in which she landed.

Chris laughed and hugged Dreams' neck,he had won the battle in the Battle Dome. After he shook hands with Sean,he went back to the room and decided to immediately battle again after his pokemon were healed.So he went of to the next battle.

He was greeted by a girl who was introduced as Natasha.after shaking hands, they both sent out their pokemon.Chris sent Kersy for the first fight against Natasha's Drifloon.
    The moment Kersy was outside the pokeball,Chris ordered her to use Thunder.The cat of a pokemon was glowing yellow and released a beam of thunder onto Drifloon that sent her flying towards a wall.

"Float upwards and use hex while twirling around Persian!"Commanded Natasha as she smiled confidently.
    The balloon pokemon then flew upwards and spun around Kersy,causing her to be confused.Then,both of Drifloon's arms were raised and a black sphere formed above it.
    Drifloon then spun the black sphere and threw it towards Kersy.But in the midst of battling, Natasha forgot 1 major flaw in her plans, Normal-types don't get damaged from ghost-types attack.Thus, Kersy emereged from the dust that the sphere caused unharmed but confused badly.

"Kersy,snap out of it and Thunder that big balloon in the head!"said Chris while smiling evilly. The cat once more was still confused but managed to charge Thunder enough and shot it at Drifloon.But because that she was confused, the wave of thunder was misguided and hit the ground around Drifloon. Seeing this excellent chance, Natasha quickly commanded the balloon pokemon to use Acrobatics.
    The balloon swiftly flew across the field and struck Kersy several times in the back. Kersy was set after the attack and realized what happened.Chris quickly commanded,"Kersy use giga impact on the ground surrounding Drifloon and use Thunder on it's balloon!"
    Kersy's body was glowing and she quickly jumped and smashed the ground around Drifloon. After that, Kersy only had to release the beam from below Drifloon to knock out the balloon pokemon. Natasha was shocked, her Drifloon was defeated in such a short time that her Drifloon couldn't even flinch.
    Natasha recovered from the shock and sent out her Marshtomp.
    She sent out the largest Marshtomp Chris and his team had ever seen.
    With amazement he said,"That, is one biiig Marshtomp"
    This time the battle started from Natasha's side. She commanded Marshtomp to use Earthquake and the mud fish pokemon was punching the ground vigorously and caused several tremors to appear then, she punched the ground hard one final time and the ground around Kersy became unstable and crumbled down.She was left off balance in the ground.Seeing this Natasha decided to fininsh it of, so she ordered Marshtomp to use Muddy Water on Kersy.
    The mud fish pokemon summoned a huge wave of water followed by a huge amount of mud that mixed and hit Kersy,drowning her.
    At that moment the water cleared away and revealed a knocked out Persian.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Upon arriving at the sixth floor, Kaylin quickly surveyed the area in his usual manner. The warmth he had absorbed from Darcy's flame was still seeping from his body, and his eyes required a few minutes to adjust to the lower lighting. Before long, however, he felt more or less his usual self. As he began to explore the first hallway, he mulled over the state of his Pokemon. Darcy was damaged by that Gabite, but it wasn't serious. So he should still be alright to fight. Finbar's health is pretty low, but his attack power is fine. For Angel, the opposite is true. Once I find out what type of opponent she's facing, I can use the Ether I found on Angel. As for Finbar . . . The item Rachel mentioned is definitely good, but it's not what we need right now. Hopefully we won't need it at all.

Though he did not find the teleport tile after searching over half the floor, Kaylin himself progressing easily—almost too easily. In all his time on the floor, he did not meet a single Pokemon. Then he felt a shiver run through him. Kaylin glanced back over his shoulder but saw nothing suspicious. He made his way around a corner slowly. Something's wrong. I'm pretty sure I just felt the temperature drop, but more than that my instincts are telling me this isn't right. Hasn't been for awhile. A flicker of red caught the trainer's eye. In a flash Darcy was out of his Pokeball and at Kaylin's side. The human pointed wordlessly in the direction he had seen the red glow. Darcy swooped into the darkness, crashing completely through a wall. As the dust settled, Kaylin turned his light to reveal his Hydreigon hovering over a pile of rubble, a silent half-snarl on his lips as he gazed at nothing. "You sense it too, don't you, partner?" the tamer murmured before raising his voice. "We know you're there. So you may as well show yourself."

What's th--An attack? Kaylin ducked through the hole in the wall Darcy had created, scarcely avoiding a Shadow Ball as it shot down the hall. A grinning figure approached, climbing toward Kaylin over the rubble. It was a Gengar. As another shiver passed through the male's body, he looked behind himself into the room in which he now stood. Three pairs of scarlet eyes stood out against the darkness, surrounded by the faint outlines of their ghostly owners. A grim smile crossed Kaylin's features. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you all have some sort of grudge against me. You wouldn't happen to know a Gengar with a taste for Pecha berries, would you?" He dropped down as another Shadow Ball flew over his head. "I figured." Climbing back to his feet, the trainer activated a Pokeball while casting an Ether into the air. Angel appeared amid a rain of medicine.

"My lovely Angel, as long as you don't get carried away, you're free to dance with those three." Kaylin waved one hand at the trio of Gengar smirking menacingly at him. A smirk twice as murderous stretched across Angel's face as she sank into the ground. Turning to face the Gengar that had dealt the first strike, the trainer's face grew serious. This particular wild Pokemon was unusually large and, judging by its behavior, likely the leader of this group. "Darcy, this one's ours."

A blast of fire slammed one Gengar into another, lighting up the room and casting sharp shadows as Darcy's Dragon Pulse obliterated a wall the head of the gang had vanished into. The leader sprang from the resulting cloud, landing a Shadow Punch on the side of Darcy's head. One of the dragon type's hands snapped shut around the Gengar's leg as it attempted to escape into the ground. Flicking the ghost Pokemon into the air, Darcy released a Dark Pulse. The Gengar fell back in a daze. Looking over at Angel, Kaylin directed, "Line them up." She nodded, her eyes remaining on the enemy.

Darcy avoided two successive Night Shade attacks, only to get thrown against the wall by a Shadow Ball. As the dark type shook his head to clear it, Kaylin saw the Hydreigon's opponent coming in with another Shadow Punch to the head.

"Now, Darcy."

Turning his head slightly, Darcy caught the Gengar's arm with his mouth while narrowly avoiding a direct blow. Grimacing, the Gengar prepared a Shadow Ball with its free hand. In response Darcy caught the hand with one of his own and delivered a Dark Pulse from the smaller mouth. The Gengar's hand fell limp, and the energy dissipated. Meanwhile Angel was hurling miniature Shadow Balls from each of her arms at her opponents below. Some struck the Gengar, others countered Shadow Ball return fire, and still others missed entirely. Rocking unsteadily from a hit to her center, Angel flung one more missile downward. The ghost Pokemon hopped to one side to dodge, placing all three in a line. Angel flared.

There's the signal. Kaylin glanced from Angel to Darcy. "Dark Pulse. One more should finish them."

The dragon tossed the Gengar leader to the ground in line with his underlings before opening his jaws wide and sending out a wave of dark energy. The four Pokemon were toppled as the ground cracked and dust rose like smoke. As Darcy's attack ended, Kaylin waited warily for signs of activity. Two Shadow Balls shot from the fog—one knocking Angel unconscious and the other pushing Darcy back through the hole he had left in the wall. Kaylin's eyes briefly widened. "Hold them off," he said as he unslung his bag. "We just need to get this timing right."

Growling quietly, the Hydreigon nodded. He understood what his partner was thinking. Though this experience was not going to be pleasant, it would work out better for everyone in the end—everyone except the Gengar, at least.

Two Gengar covered in dirt and wounds and clearly unhappy charged toward Darcy. The hovering Pokemon loosed a Dragon Pulse which his opponents dodged by vanishing into the floor. One Gengar sprang up and swung at Darcy with a Shadow Punch. The dragon turned to one side to avoid the attack. In that moment a Night Shade emanated from ceiling, striking Darcy on the back. The Hydreigon's eyes closed as he crashed to the ground.

Pain shot through the already-aching scar on Kaylin's arm. Resisting the urge to grasp his arm, Kaylin instead opened the small pouch in his hands while addressing the Gengar now turning toward him. "I suppose I should congratulate you on your victory. You are strong, adept fighters. In your current condition, however, I'm afraid you will not win round two." Mentally thanking Rachel for telling him about the item, Kaylin threw a Sacred Ash into the air. "Time to wake up. Flamethrower and Flame Burst."

On either side of the Gengar pair, Darcy and Angel rose up—their strength returning with each particle of ash that touched them. Roaring, the Hydreigon opened his mouth wide. A column of fire shot out at the same moment Angel cast her Flame Burst. Fire collided with fire as the two Gengar were hit, creating a miniature explosion. Kaylin dropped back, his arms covering his face until the flames died away. Once again the room fell dim and quiet, the duo of poison types now still and slightly crispy.

As Darcy and Angel approached their trainer, he lay his hands gently on them. "I'm sorry to put you through all that. But you both did great. Now it's time to take a rest."

[OOC: More to come. ^-^;;]

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • Room Four was designed to be a maze. Not one that was too complex, but a maze nonetheless. Rina guessed there would be wild pokemon roaming the halls and dead ends. Zephyr was pretty small, so she decided to let her out of her pokeball in case of an encounter. "Let's see if we can find the exit, alright?" Zephyr yipped excitedly and ran ahead of Rina. They had hit a couple of dead ends before seeing their first wild pokemon. A Dusclops loomed in the distance, blocking their path. Zephyr stood between Rina and the wild Dusclops, ready for battle. "Ok, Zephyr. Dusclops are super slow and have low health, so this should be a piece of cake. Use Shadow Ball, then get closer and paralyze it." The Jolteon sent a blob of shadowy energy flying at the enemy. It hit, causing double damage due to weakness. While she ran to get closer, Dusclops retaliated with a Shadow Punch, knocking her down. She easily got back up, however, and used Thunder Wave. Now Dusclops was slow AND paralyzed. It tried to attack, but was unable. "Shadow Ball again!" Zephyr shot another shadow ball towards the Dusclops and hit it right in the face. This time, Dusclops was able to move, and used Payback. The attack hit Zephyr hard. Still, she recovered and retaliated with one last Shadow Ball. The Dusclops fainted, allowing Rina and Zephyr to continue on their way through the maze.

Upon turning another corner, Rina noticed that one entire section of hallway was blacked out. Why would the lights be turned off for only one hallway? Maybe there was another ghost pokemon around. Walking towards the lit part of the hall in the distance, Rina sensed something was close to her. "Uh... hello?" Something moved on her right. Rina shuddered. Something unknown was creeping around in the dark; it was kind of unnerving. Zephyr sensed her trainer's anxiety and sent some electrical shocks towards the lights on the ceiling. One of the lights actually flickered back to life, revealing a pokemon that was trying to sneak away. "Woooobuffet!" it cried, angry that it had been revealed. It had only wanted to remain in the dark and protect its tail. "Seriously? It was only a Wobbuffet?" Rina sighed. She couldn't believe she had been scared by that thing. Oh well, they had seen it's tail now, and weren't about to get away without a battle.

Rina returned Zephyr and sent out Dusty. Wobbuffet was a difficult pokemon to battle, so hopefully a type advantage would at least work some of the time. The only problem was Dusty's attacks are all physical, so the Wobbuffet could just use Counter against every attack. He would have to use Torment, then only use dark-type moves when Wobbuffet can't have used Counter. That way, Wobbuffet would take double damage every two turns. This battle would be tough on Dusty, but she was confident that he could pull through. "Ok, use Rock Tomb and brace yourself." Dusty did as he was told, bracing himself as Wobbuffet Countered the attack for twice the damage. "Ok, now use Torment, then Crunch. And whatever you do, DON'T bite its tail." Rina didn't want it to resort to using Destiny Bond. The two pokemon fought, Wobbuffet switching between using Counter and Mirror Coat/Safeguard, and Dusty switching between using Rock Tomb and Crunch. Rina switched pokemon mid-battle, not wanting to tire out Dusty too much. Besides, Wobbuffet had an incredible amount of HP, so this battle was taking a while. Zephyr returned to the battlefield, using Shadow Ball whenever Wobbuffet couldn't use Mirror Coat. Finally, the wild Wobbuffet fainted and Rina could move on. She returned Zephyr and continued through the maze. Luckily, she found the door before encountering another wild pokemon. She went through the automated door and saw another trainer waiting for her.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • As Chris returned Kersy to her pokeball, he released Gertrude. Gertrude was showing aggression towards Marshtomp for knocking out Kersy, as he really cared about her, despite his attitude. He quickly shot at Marshtomp in a quick flurry of razor shells that came from all around Marshtomp and hit her like a boomerang. "Marshtomp use Mud Shot followed by surf" commanded Natasha. The Marshtomp gathered a ball of mud and shot it towards Gertrude. Then she summoned a huge wave to crash down to him.
    "Gertrude, use rain dance to limit visibility and attack from up close using Aqua Tail!" Commanded Chris while he held on to his necklace. Gertrude started doing gestures and soon a huge downpour of water appeared and limited the visibility. When the Marshtomp was unaware, Gertrude shot out of the thick rain and hit her with hi tail and unbalanced the mud fish." Spin while you're dazed and fire Mud Shot on him."Marshtomp used the energy while she was dazed and spun around, softening the ground beneath her. The ground became muddy and she shot every piece of it towards Gertrude. Normally, the attack would have been easy to dodge but this time the rain dance was a double-edged sword and he couldn't see the attack coming. When he realized the attack had came, it was to late. He got hit by tens of mud balls thrown at an extremely high speed. The rain had left the ground being so squishy that it eventually became mud and Gertrude fell upon it. Marshtomp now was swimming through the mud and rushing towards Gertrude at an extremely high speed.
    "Use aqua tail and brine on the mud. Then use razor shell at Marshtomp!"said Chris while being a bit panicked.
    Gertrude then made his tail look like a whirlpool and stuck into the mud. this resulted in it becoming sucked into a single place. After that he used brine while still placing his tail inside the mud and made the mud softer and eventually became watery. When the mud returned Marshtomp , it had became water and Marshtomp swam even faster. Now, she swam so fast she couldn't control herself. Gertrude picked up his shell and threw it like a boomerang at Marshtomp and it hit her several times before returning to him and knocking out Marshtomp.
    Chris cheered again for his close call and he went back to his waiting room.
    After healing up his pokemon, he went to challenge the next fighter.She was introduced as Celia and she sent ou her first pokemon,which appeared to be a Ledian.Chris had brought Dreams and Kersy here and he sent out Dreams,despite the adavantage Kersy would have.Ledian started with a double team that confused Dreams and followed with a powerful Giga impact that sent Dreams flying.Dreams regained his balance and flew back to the ground . Chris ordered him to use dragon claw on one of Ledian's eye. Dreams' claw glew and struck the laydbug in the eye.
    Ledian was flying madly across the sky because of the apin in her eye. When she stopped, her vision turned blurry and she became unable to see Dreams clearly.Celia ran over to Ledian and checked to see if her eye was okay. Afterwards,her eye was glowing with anger and she commanded Ledian to hit Dreams with Bug Buzz. She flew about and rubbed her wings to create a dreadful noise. Chris and dreams couldn't stand this and was dazed.She then fired a bright blue beam towards Dreams.Despite his typing,he couldn't stand the power of the Bug Buzz attack because the noise had lowered his defensive power so much,he couldn't even withstand a tackle attack.In fact, he fainted right after hearing the noise.
    Chris was forced to switch to Kersy.She let out a ferocious growl when she got out and she was battle-ready. "Use Giga Impact and pin her to the ground Kersy!"She leaped and spun around towards Leadian and knocked her back to the ground.Ledian was momentarily paralyzed from the power of the attack and couldn't move.But , the same goes for Kersy as she has to regain her energy. Ledian lept back hurt and grazed everywhere, but still able to fight for 1 more round."Use Giga Impact from the sky!"commanded Celia seeing how things were going.It was a risky bet, if she missed it would damage her so badly, she would faint.So Ledian flew up high an shot down like a tornado bullet.Kersy just reagined her energy and Chris shouted,"Get away from there Kersy!"In the nick of time, she dodged it just before it hit her head on. Ledian fainted.

Back