• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    vaati said:
    AWESOME, i see you took my advice :p

LOVE FOR GOATIE!
    Pixel Art Lounge

Very nice!!!!! WoW I just love it! (Althought the arm looks a bit weird)

Years
    Yeah...it's not that bad, though there are a few things that get me about it...mostly just some shading and coloring issues, though.

The major problem is that I can't really determine a definite light source, since the shading's all over the place - it looks like there's at least two different light sources in there (top-left and bottom-right). And in some of the places, the highlights could stand to follow the shape of the form a bit more, like on the head and arms. The head is rounded, but the highlights go in a straight line. :P And the arms...I'm not sure what's up with the arms. The lightest color would do better somewhere...like...hm. The top edges of the arms, I would say (if you were to follow a top-left light source, anyways).

I like all the dithering - it adds a bit of texture to the deoxys. It could be made smoother, as I see that it sort of, er, clumps together, as I look at the one leg (the right leg, my right). I also like how the whole body's not there...gives it some interest. Or...something like that. I know I like it, I just can't quite explain why. ^_^;;

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Hey Vaati! Thanks for the sprite. Thats awesome, i'll put it in my signature later. Blazey nice pixel art :D.

Years
    eevee_lady said:
    hey thats really a great sprite can someone rate this umbreon i did by freehand, if this is the result of boredom then yay boredom!
    Pixel Art Lounge
    shadowball done in paintshop pro v.7.04
    please rate this is my first pixel art of umbreon... and this please
    Pixel Art Lounge

Years
    Cowrie said:
    Yeah...it's not that bad, though there are a few things that get me about it...mostly just some shading and coloring issues, though.

The major problem is that I can't really determine a definite light source, since the shading's all over the place - it looks like there's at least two different light sources in there (top-left and bottom-right). And in some of the places, the highlights could stand to follow the shape of the form a bit more, like on the head and arms. The head is rounded, but the highlights go in a straight line. :P And the arms...I'm not sure what's up with the arms. The lightest color would do better somewhere...like...hm. The top edges of the arms, I would say (if you were to follow a top-left light source, anyways).

I like all the dithering - it adds a bit of texture to the deoxys. It could be made smoother, as I see that it sort of, er, clumps together, as I look at the one leg (the right leg, my right). I also like how the whole body's not there...gives it some interest. Or...something like that. I know I like it, I just can't quite explain why. ^_^;;

wow thats the only decent review I've had thanks cowrie
    the main reason there isn't a whole body cause I couldn't do its lef

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Goatman56 said:
    Hey Vaati! Thanks for the sprite. Thats awesome, i'll put it in my signature later. Blazey nice pixel art :D.
    no problem my man!
    glad ya pleased!

Draginis

Loveless
    Years
    Ok,adamski.If it'll shut you up.XD Just kidding =P
    Your revamp is rather nice,though his skin looks alittle pastey and the shading's a bit off on his legs.You made the outline very good imo.Just try changing his skin color to a slightly darker tone.
    I'll rate it a 7/10.
    Now,any comments on the Jigglyypuff? :3

EDIT:
    Pixel Art Lounge

Comments?

Last edited:

DragonsCanBite

Ancient Member
    Years
    Gardevoir~

White Ninetales: 8/10
    Black Ninetales: 8/10
    Light Blue Ninetales: 8/10

Vaati

Goatman: 9/10, very creative.

Blazin Espio

Deoxy Pixel Art: 9/10

Edit ---
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge

Anyone going to vote on them?

Last edited:

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
    rate me knew aprentices!
    Pixel Art Lounge

*EDIT* im kinda going to work on that guy

whoa my first scratch came out kinda good its a voltorb!
    Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Pixel Art Lounge

Gaah, personnally I hate this one

head's a heavy edit

one arm's jugglers