• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    Wheee, here's my newest sprite:

Pixel Art Lounge

It has no name, and a cookie to anyone who can guess what it's made of!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    croconaw, charizard, entei, dragonair/charmeloen tail and charmeleon claws xD. do i get a cookie now

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    You were close! It's made of:

Tropius - Body
    Entei - Legs
    Croconaw - Head
    Dragonair - Tail (I custom-made that red thingy at the end)
    Charizard - Wings
    Ursaring - Arms

Oh well. xD *gives half a cookie* :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    v.v;; I'd be making them if I had PhotoShop XD But, you do do a really nice job on them ^-^

How do you get the font for those?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    No, that's alright XD

Once I get around to getting PhotoShop maybe I'll bug you about 'em XP

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    A random MM sprite... Oldifized FireMan from MMBN 4.5 normal standing pose to look like 8 bit with MSPaint pallette only and i edited his armcannons to look like fists. Rate...

armadilloHD

FE style by sykora.
    Years
    Eig said:
    A random MM sprite... Oldifized FireMan from MMBN 4.5 normal standing pose to look like 8 bit with MSPaint pallette only and i edited his armcannons to look like fists. Rate...
    Wow! You have the ability to make awesome sprites crappy! Great job! 14762844785gfisuhe7tbacon/10 </sarcasm>

Seriously NEVER NEVER use the default ms paint colors for sprites. Not even 8 bit.

Years
    Eig said:
    It could still use a few things to make it look more like a proper 8-bit sprite. Such as: make the outline all one color. All the 8-bit sprites I remember at the moment have a one-color outline, due to color restrictions. It doesn't necessarily have to be a black outline - though with those colors, it might be preferable (a colored outline might just clash with the colors you chose).

Also, put more of the outline around the blue areas as well...it just looks a bit off without it. O.o

And speaking of the colors...yes, try not to use the MS Paint defaults. Bright colors usually don't look so good on a sprite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back