• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Interesting sprite, interesting sprite indeed... the anatomy is good and the shading seems okay... However, the outlining could use a little work (by that I mean, you should use other colours than just black) 8/10 looks good otherwise, but the outlines bug me...

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    Anyone wanna rate this (I made it from scratch)?
    Pixel Art Lounge

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The anatomy and shading seem flawless, and the outlines look good too (it could use some black outline though, but it's just fine that way too ^_^) but the shiny one's colours are horribble, I think. The normal one 10/10 and the shiny one 7/!0 (as stated, before, the colours are horrible)

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    Crystal_Lily_Breeze said:
    You're the second person who said that they couldn't see it (Which is wierd, since I can.). Oh well, I have the one with a color background right here: Pixel Art Lounge
    Thats better, it looks great 10/10

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    You're the second person who said that they couldn't see it (Which is wierd, since I can.). Oh well, I have the one with a color background right here: Pixel Art Lounge
    Thats better, it looks great 10/10

Years
    Awesome, nothing wrong with shading or anything. 10/10

Years
    Here's a fire starter I made, I call it Flarical. It's a flare caracal. o.O I think it came out good, but the back legs and tail bug me.
    Pixel Art Lounge

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The shading seems okay, but the head is rather big and the pose looks a little stiff... 7.6/!0 it's really a great sprite, but I know you can do better =)

Years
    PuppyGirl said:
    This is one of my newest creations, the Pyrix. Any comments/criticism? (I made it using Pidgey, and Articuno, plus a few of some added things I made)
    The wing on the left looks like it's slightly bigger than the one on the right...

Anyways, my main suggestion for that is to change the color of the feet and beak...and maybe the eye. Especially the feet, though - they blend in with the main body color way too much, and it's hard to make them out at first glance.

Shadow Scizor said:
    Here's a fire starter I made, I call it Flarical. It's a flare caracal. o.O I think it came out good, but the back legs and tail bug me.
    Pixel Art Lounge
    The problem with the tail seems to be that it gets wider near the end instead of thinner...the right side of the tail's outline could follow the left side a bit more. I do like how the flame looks, though.

The back legs...for one, take away that tan area right underneath the tail and make that gray like the rest of the leg (and make the outline on the left side of that same tan area gray as well). That won't totally fix it, but it should help to make it look a bit better.

Also: for shading, try using a different color. The one you've picked isn't dark enough to be a decent color of shading. ^_^;;

</|-?lvaro-|\>

U.God Of Invincible Fists
    Years
    [_DarkDragon_] said:
    Anyone wanna rate this (I made it from scratch)?
    Pixel Art Lounge

Absolutely cool! so you made this one from scratch and this means you drew this one istead of doing ...edits right? COOL I SIMPLY ADMIRE SPRITES DRAWN , THEY ARE GOOD THINGS TO HAvE A LOOK AT.

10/10 for you *Amazed by sprites that are DRAWN FROM SCRATCH)

Years
    [_DarkDragon_] said:
    yes, scratch means I made them out of nothing (all I had was a picture of Rukario), I made the following today:
    Pixel Art Lounge

tell me what you think :P
    That's awesome, no problems with shading or anything. 10/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back