• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Plastic Memories

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    This is a beautiful and sad original anime that I want to tell everyone about.

Plastic Memories

This story takes place in a future not too far away when androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen.

However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, they... Well, it gets pretty bad. For this sake, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids, but...

PV:

Doesn't sound sad? Well, it is. I just watched the first episode and thought it was beautiful. I can tell this is going to be a really sad anime. The concept of androids has been done before in Chobits, but this one seems to be much better, and it's ecchi free. I highly recommend this anime. It just aired today. There's no manga or anything for it. Completely original concept.

pkmin3033

I'm picking this one up; my interest is piqued. I didn't much care for Chobits beyond the fact that the dub put Crispin Freeman in the starring role - and considering he usually voices serious/menacing characters, hearing him voice a pervert was hilarious - but...eh, it sounds interesting. I'm put in mind of the Ghost in the Shell movies for some reason; Innocence in particular. Could be fun.

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    I watched episode 1 last night it was quite the surprise I expectted something great. It's like a sci-fi slice of life comedy but if the first episode had anything to say a possible tear jerker. The animation was really nice but I love the overall concept the show portrays.

I really hope his show continues to go from strength to strength because of it being an original work. It's not tied down by fan expectations. Il be watching this weekly :)

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I'm giving this the 3-episodes test. The premise seems interesting, though after sitting through the first episode, the anime did not grow on me...

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    First episode had quite the feels in it.

Definitely going to be the resident tearjerker anime of the season.

Candy

Years
    I was waiting for your opinion to see if this was worth it.

I will give a try later.

Why would you watch an anime by looking at my opinions lol. You watch it, you judge for yourself.

Well from what I've seen, first episode just shoved us the first of the feels, and feels normally don't come in at the first episode haha. Usually, the first episode can give you some insight on what the anime is going to be like. I hope that since it's an original, it can only go better from here.

Right now it's definitely going to the top of my weekly download priority list.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Y'all been hyping this up. Wasn't on my radar but it definitely is now. I'll give it a go few hours down the line and be back here to report :p

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm in the same boat as derozio. Gonna give it a try tonight, though since the first episode is a tear jerker, if the show keeps pulling that shit, I'm going to have to drop it in order to save my kokoro.

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    I'm going to rewatch episode 1 again cause I feel I missed out some bits cause I was tired at the time. The only reason this was on my radar was from my American friend saying it's from Mages! It's going to be great haha.

The show seems to fit well in a niche genre combination. The only thing that comes close is machine gun dolls I believe (I think that's the title) but from this opening this looks far more sensible as doesn't rely on cheap fan service to get the ratings and the humour alone balanced well with the pacing and the overall feel of the intro episode

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm also going to try this one out this evening, because I've heard some good things about it. By good, I mean that it managed to make some people tear up, and that's technically a good first episode.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Why would you watch an anime by looking at my opinions lol. You watch it, you judge for yourself.

I just noticed our tastes are similar in some cases, so probably something you didn't like was a no-go for me lol
    I wish I had time to 'judge' all the stuff myself :(

I hope i have time today to watch this, seems it's gonna be a busy day -.-

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I've watched the first 30 seconds, and let me just say that Plastic Memories looks beautiful.

Okay done! I didn't cry or anything, but it's an interesting concept! Reminds me of Death Parade, especially if they're going to go the "one case an episode" route. Definitely enjoyed it :)

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

WHY. WHY NO ONE STOPPED ME FROM WATCHING THIS.

Spoiler:

Candy

Years

Spoiler:

Like I said, resident tearjerker of the season.

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015

Spoiler:

I had a similar reaction haha

Spoiler:

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    while i'll keep watching, i'm not particularly impressed with this anime so far... admittedly its tearjerking effect works on me too, but i don't know. i dislike it because the premise seems faulty in so many ways :/ rant in spoiler. sorry had to get it off my chest, lol

Spoiler:

i really hope they'll show us an android past its lifespan though. really curious to see what happens. so far it sounds similar to dementia in humans. but i do love the small stories of each android and its owner, so i hope we get to see more of that, at least! it's been a loong time since i've seen Chobits, but i thought the premise for that was pretty interesting (and i don't remember the ecchi bits you mentioned anymore at all really, but maybe i blocked it out/was clueless to what was going on at the time lol)

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Well episode 2 has been on and it was a little more light hearted in tone

Spoiler:

Back