• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Findings.. Anyone who's playing it post here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Arceus

The First
    Years
    I'm currently playing Platinum.. and would like to post some pics etc.. anyone who would like to share their findings are more than welcome to join me..
    Platinum Findings.. Anyone who's playing it post here..

A couple battle shots and the new trees.. I'll be posting pics all day.. but feel free to add your own..

Last edited:

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Platinum didn't come out yet in the USA and I think Japan has to wait 3 more days!!!
    SO how could you be playing Pokemon Platinum?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!i got pokemon platinum!!!!YEAH BABY!!!!
    hey i was wondering what's the wi-fi option that u got in the menu(that shows load and all that)if someone can tell me...that would be great!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    And this is why hiroshi sotomura did not want anyone to make a thread to this style. Cause everyone new is goin to request every little detail then somebody will get mad then it will lead to a flame war then to a closure. Some one put the thread to sleep!

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    This thread should be closed i agree...but anyways, how could they get Platinum when it didn't come out yet?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Oh cool, in this pic why does the HP bar strech out the box?

And this is why hiroshi sotomura did not want anyone to make a thread to this style. Cause everyone new is goin to request every little detail then somebody will get mad then it will lead to a flame war then to a closure. Some one put the thread to sleep!

Well, there's the possibility that someone will get mad in *any* thread XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I managed to grab myself a download of the rom and will begin playing it now.
    I'll be posting screenshots from the start to as far as I can get as I can't understand a speck of Japanese.

EDIT (because I don't want to double post):

Alright. Here are the new additions I was able to get a screen of.

The background for the intro is gold now. Much nicer than blue or purple in my opinion.

Rather than the red Gyarados thing, now we get some other report involving Rowan. Probably about how he's returned and all that.

Not much of a change here other than the yellow. But Hikari's sprite is so cute~

Now the rival barges into your room. The little b-tard. No manners at all...
    Also, note the plaid text box. c: All the designs are brand new and this one's my personal favorite. I also sped up the text as I don't understand any of it anyway, but that's not important.

I don't know if this is new since I don't play the Japanese games normally. This IS new, right?

Whats-his-face's room got a makeover. I like it. 8D

Rowan comes up to you and your rival just as he's...about to run through the grass, I think. He probably tells him off. Kouki shows up with the briefcase. I chose Hikozaru just because. Whats-his-face (what I call the rival as I have no idea what name I chose for him) says something and battles you. OH DEAR LORD HIS TRAINER ANIMATION. xD xD IT'S SO FUNNY. I couldn't get a screen of it though! I had forgotten about that little addition and was too busy laughing to press the print screen button. I'll be sure to get a screen next time though.

I did manage to get a screenshot of this though. The black HP thing looks so awesome.

Animation change. :3 I like this one better. Hikozaru's back animation is cute too. Not much of a change otherwise.

Once you get the running shoes from your mom, whats-his-face says something about the lake (I think). You go and find Akagi saying some stuff. He leaves and you can hear Emuritto's cry. Whats-his-face goes crazy, then storms off, leaving you alone. Some friend he is.

I decide to train Hikozaru a bit. The new layout is quite nice.

Again, I just love Hikari's trainer sprite~

This surprised me. Rowan (I'm just going to call him Rowan as I don't know his Jap name. Bear with me here) pops up and gives you TM 27 (return). Why, I don't know. But I bet my allowance that he says some Disney bull about friendship.

See? TM 27 right there. For a minute there I thought he had given me 27 Pokeballs or something.
    Also, the white and pink bag is pretty.

That's all for now. I saved in Sandgem.
    If this isn't allowed, feel free to utterly destroy me. D:

If this is allowed, I'll post some more screenshots later, the gym leader stuff especially.
    I don't know any Japanese but so far this is quite easy to go through. It could become a problem later though...

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah,and isn't Fantina the 3rd gym leader?Weird...I guess they didn't move around the trainer card.

I know this is a bit off topic but I was on youtube watching the opening to Platinum and some noob says in the comments,"Whats pokemon platnum"

I RAAAGGEEEEDD.

Years
    For the note, speculation is over. Individual threads could be made. And threads about new findings, if this thread does head in that direction, are fine too. But spreading news about the game, and speculating new features? Finished. Game's out, we move on. So, there was no need for you to suggest I'd be enforcing anything.

No, that was completely fan-speculative views based on Emerald.

Nope, never.

*Points to serebii.net*
    It says you fight her as soon as you enter Heartholme instead of going back two gyms later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back