• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Should I keep this?

Name:Gible
    Level:1
    Nature:Quiet
    15/15/20/0/20/7

Nature isn't a big deal to me by the way.

thats up to you. but that's a 0 in SpA >.>

anywhoo

restating my question

anyone got a follow thru with unlocking the mystery gift for platinum?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Should I keep this?

Name:Gible
    Level:1
    Nature:Quiet
    15/15/20/0/20/7

Nature isn't a big deal to me by the way.
    Good god, no. Way more in Attack and Speed, and just about everything else.

thats up to you. but that's a 0 in SpA >.>

anywhoo

restating my question

anyone got a follow thru with unlocking the mystery gift for platinum?
    Go to the television center in Jubilife City and go to the second floor. There should be a man next to a woman on the bottom of the room. Tell him the following...

[ EVERYONE ] [ HAPPY ]
    [ WIFI ] [ CONNECTION ]

Once the English Game comes out. For now, tell him this:

[ みんな ] [ ハッピー ]
    [ Wi-Fi ] [ つうしん]

Brackets represent different words / phrases.

With that, you can download gifts from WiFi Events, download gifts from official events, and download gifts from other trainers who have legit gifts.

By the way, Garchomp doesn't exactly need its Special Attack. ;<

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Good god, no. Way more in Attack and Speed, and just about everything else.

Go to the television center in Jubilife City and go to the second floor. There should be a man next to a woman on the bottom of the room. Tell him the following...

[ EVERYONE ] [ HAPPY ]
    [ WIFI ] [ CONNECTION ]

Once the English Game comes out. For now, tell him this:

[ みんな ] [ ハッピー ]
    [ Wi-Fi ] [ つうしん]

Brackets represent different words / phrases.

With that, you can download gifts from WiFi Events, download gifts from official events, and download gifts from other trainers who have legit gifts.

By the way, Garchomp doesn't exactly need its Special Attack. ;<

thanks!

now if i can only find those characters lol

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Wishful Move Tutors?

(Is this in the right place? =/)
    When I checked through the Platinum move tutors, I was exicted when I saw Bullet Punch, seeing that Aggron would now be useful for me. But then I learned that he is unable to learn it. >=/
    Why? Why can't a Steel-type with fists learn it? Why can't Aggron learn a priority move?!
    Discuss what you hoped was a Move Tutor move, and basically discuss the Platinum move tutors in general.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Alipeewee, Silver Wind isn't a move that can be taught by a Move Tutor and Beedrill can learn it via TM.
    Bullet Punch can't be taught by a Move Tutor either. Where are you two getting your information from?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I was actually quite pleased with some of them...

I've yet to figure out how Froslass uses Ice Punch though... considering she technically doesn't have hands...

Sucker Punch + Ice Shard make Froslass a VERY viable threat now as a physical attacker...

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I wish the move Wish or Curse should be made Move Tutors. It comes in handy with tank types, and those moves have to be obtained by breeding, which really sucks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Flare Blitz Flareon nao. >:|
    None of this Lava Plume bull. If Heat Wave can be a move tutor move, Flare Blitz should too.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    How do I check my friend ID? I lost the piece of paper i wrote it on. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    I'm pretty sure you just get it from your pal pad, unless platinum deviates from D/P in that aspect.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    i have a simple question.i've pokemon emerald and the three regis,so if i pass them can i capture regigigas?what about that event that the three of them appeared in-game?.thx!

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    yes, if you transfer your regis from Emerald yes, you will be able to unlock Gigas in the temple. However in order to unlock being able to catch regirock, registeel, and regice in Platinum out side of Pal Park, you must have of of the Movie event regigigas.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    I keep wondering why the Treecko family can't learn Vine Whip. They can learn Grass Knot which I feel is similar in terms of how it looks but a lot of pokemon can learn grass knot. Yeah, I know, Treecko, Grovyle, and Sceptile don't have vines on them. However the Chikorita line doesn't either and they can learn Vine Whip as an Egg Move.

I also think it's high time that the Pikachu family got to learn Faint Attack.

Years
    IHowever the Chikorita line doesn't either and they can learn Vine Whip as an Egg Move.
    You've never watched the anime? Two of Chikorita's "necklace beads" extend to reveal that they are, in fact, retractable vines.

• Tail Glow and Ampharos. Nuff said.
    • Counter and Mirror Coat should be tutorable moves. Counter was in Gen3.
    • Either Power Gem or Ancientpower should be tutorable moves. Special Rock is too rare.
    • Aura Sphere, because Focus Blast is too inaccurate. =/
    • Flare Blitz, and let Aggron/Rhyperior learn it. >=]

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Since you're mainly talking about Platinum in specific, this belongs in the Diamond / Pearl / Platinum forum, my friend! o3o

-Moved-

*spin spin away*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back