• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Battle Frontier Co op Wifi

How does it work on the Battle Stage?

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    can i catch a sudowoodo or catch a bonsly and train it to be a sudowoodo for the main storyline?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Bonsly can rarely be found in the Trophy Garden, in Platinum. That is the only place it can be found, without trading.

Sudowoodo is apparently a common catch along Route 221. If I remember correctly... that's the Route that leads to Pal Park/the Route where Pal Park is... but I will forewarn that I actually haven't been on this route in my own version of Platinum, so I can't certify if the information I found on Sudowoodo's location in Platinum is true or not. But its a good place to start, huh? XD

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Sell my PSP for Platinum?

Should I sell my PSP for a DS and Platinum? I really want it, but it's a tough decision. I'm really sentimental so I'm not sure if I should sell my PSP. Can you give me your input on the situation?

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Should I sell my PSP for a DS and Platinum? I really want it, but it's a tough decision. I'm really sentimental so I'm not sure if I should sell my PSP. Can you give me your input on the situation?

It depends. How often do you play your PSP? How many games do you play regularly? If you buy a DS, don't but it solely for Platinum. But if you only play 1 or 2 games regularly on the PSP, then perhaps a change to DS may be good. Ultimately it's your choice.

Glaceon_

Years
    Well... what kind of games do you like that you have on your PSP? If you're an RPG fan, you might want to keep your PSP, seeing as the PSP has some pretty nice ports of old games, though it might not bother you too much, should you be American. The likes of Final Fantasy Tactics and the first two Star Ocean games definitely didn't come to the UK, though I think Star Ocean was Japan-Only, until Til the End of Time. It even has Breath of Fire III, which I've played for the first time on the PSP and find it a really enjoyable game.

Basically, it boils down to which console will you have a better time with? The PSP or a DS. (I'd suggest Lite if you have the GBA Pokemon titles, since the DSi is just Nintendo cashing in on what the PSP does) Myself? I own both consoles solely because there are games on both platforms that I really wanted and I'm glad I decided to get both. At first, was a little sceptacle about the DS, but eventually caved and bought one when Diamond/Pearl were FINALLY announced for release, years ago. But like Tortured_Soul said, if you do sell your PSP for a DS, don't just buy it for Platinum; make sure there are other games you'd want to play, 'kay? ;)

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    i have a PSP too ^_^
    and i'm getting a DS for my bday along with platinum, emerald and leaf green ^_^

for the bonsly : don't you need to talk to someone and then you will know that bonsly is in the garden?
    btw, does rotom is also now a pre-national dex pokemon?

Glaceon_

Years
    @ -Leaf: I had another look around, because the information I found before was rather vague, but yes; Bonsly is a Daily Pokemon at the Mansion, which is added randomly when Mr. Backlot is cornered about what Pokemon he has in his garden. So... the Sudowoodo on Route 221 are your best bet at going for; you can always breed, if you really WANT to start with a Bonsly.

Also, Rotom is indeed a part of the Sinnoh Dex, in Platinum and in light of that, is very possible to be caught, pre-National Dex.

@ gigabyte8877: I think it is much like how you can between Diamond and Pearl. You can start trading once you have gained the ability to catch other Pokemon. However, I haven't tested this, and if it works, it will only for local, Pokemon Center 2F trades. B1F WiFi Trades and the GTS still require you to have beaten the first Gym, I believe...

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    you know howPlatinum's climate is colder, then what does that mean besides new clothes, Is there more snow? Is there less grass,more pople dressed warmer?

Years
    hey I was woundering if there is a AR Code for Platinum that Completes the Sinnoh Dex (NOT NATIONAL)?
    I wouldn't know. Try googling..? D: Google found this... IDK if that'll help you or not :S

you know howPlatinum's climate is colder, then what does that mean besides new clothes, Is there more snow? Is there less grass,more pople dressed warmer?
    Well, there are patches of snow along routes now. Some people are dressed warmer, but some are the same. :[

Can you clone in platinum????

FILLER
    Yes, you can clone via the GTS in Platinum.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Sudwoodo seems to appear there only on Pearl :(
    so i'll stick to the trophy garden.. and ill have to wait till the national dex.. or trade and then breed (or trade an egg for an egg and then breed)
    so i guess trading would be the fastest way i can get a sudowoodo.. too bad..

also, where can i get a spiritomb?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back