• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I realize that...... but you think we could have enough brains to make are own.... but that's my opinion....

Sure we have enough brains, but it's copyrighted stuff.
    If Nintendo wanted to, they could give it to American companies, but they want to stick with GameFreak.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Sure we have enough brains, but it's copyrighted stuff.
    If Nintendo wanted to, they could give it to American companies, but they want to stick with GameFreak.
    yeah but i mean we have kids who hack roms and make it there own game that they made but are game makers can't make a pokemon game?

but your right about not owning it...

Monty Kensicle

"Wowsers!"
    Years
    Well, I always thought the time between language releases had to do with finding all the glitches that people discover and fixing them before manufacturing the next region's games.

Remember when Diamond & Pearl first came out in Japan? There were all sorts of glitches that never made it to any other version of either game. Like move copying Ditto, the Elite 4 surf glitch, in the Great Marsh your trainer can use Leftovers, bring an egg, a fainted Pokemon, and one healthy one into a double battle and Shiny Bulbasaur appears in your team.

Anyway, that's why I think it takes so long to get the Pokemon games released in other countries.

With all due respect,

~Monty Kensicle

Years
    There's also the issue of translating a game from Japanese to English, which is an art form in itself. This takes much longer for a game as text-heavy as a Pokemon game. We'd be very lucky to have this announced and ready to ship before the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have this in English sooner rather than later. But realistically, we could be looking at this game in Spring of next year. Unless you really can't wait, in which case, there's PlayAsia.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    There's also the issue of translating a game from Japanese to English, which is an art form in itself. This takes much longer for a game as text-heavy as a Pokemon game. We'd be very lucky to have this announced and ready to ship before the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have this in English sooner rather than later. But realistically, we could be looking at this game in Spring of next year. Unless you really can't wait, in which case, there's PlayAsia.
    If they are going to let the guy from Something Awful do the translations again, then I'll be interested to how he'll translate the guy on the second floor of the GTS.

Also how he'll handle the English speaking NPC in Tobari.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Judging by D/P's release, I think we can be fairly certain that the US Platinum will be released in April '09 sometime. These games do take a long time to translate, but I don't understand why the European version (and Australian version for that matter) come out so much later. But then again, I'm speaking from the point of view of a Brit here, so it has to be translated into Europe's other languages first.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2008
    im looking to play platintum
    but i cant find a good rom or emulator to play it
    what website can i go to find them?

Tony the Awesome

mi nombre es tony
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Where can I find these pokemon?
    Gengar - Thanks The Postman
    Sudowoodo Thanks Serebii
    Happiny
    Cleffa
    Feebas
    Porygon 2
    Elekid

Like trainers that have them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    You can find a trainer with Gengar at the entrance of Victory Road. When you enter go left.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Where can I find these pokemon?
    Gengar - Thanks The Postman
    Sudowoodo Thanks Serebii
    Happiny
    Cleffa
    Feebas
    Porygon 2
    Elekid

Like trainers that have them.

Happiny- you should get it out of an egg given to you by a man near the posthouse between hearthome and solaceon.

Cleffa - trophy garden, Mt. Coronet 1st floor

Feebas - Mt. Coronet 1st basement level. (with the big lake in it) Fish in certain spots to find

Porygon 2 - Get Porygon from Trophy Garden (Post-National Dex) and trade with Upgrade.
    Upgrade attained from Prof. Oak in Eterna

Elekid - Outside the Power plant outside Floaroma town with Fire red Cartridge inserted, Breed 2 Electabuzz/ Electivire

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back