• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, it wasn't exactly needed, but it doesn't hurt either. Outrage could work towards the better if you use it on a LO set, however using it on a DD set might end up going for the worse.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    whether outrage was a good addition or not, all these new legal moves are going to turn the world of competitive battling upside down and inside out. It may end up being that others join garchomp as an uber

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Ugh. I must be on the wrong track?

I just finished up with Veilstone Gym, and I went to deal with the double battle with Galactic Grunts alongside Dawn...

After I beat them, Handsome (the detective guy, I think that's his name) ran up to us, Dawn left, and then he went into the warehouse. I grabbed HM02 and left. I went down Route 214 to Valor Lakefront and helped the lady find her suite key, and then headed into Pastoria. When I got there, I tried to get Defog in the Great Marsh (not realizing that it was in Solaceon Ruins now) and got a yellow shard. I then tried going into the gym, but my rival is standing in front of it, blocking the entrance.

I'm not sure what I missed, here, so please help!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Are you trying to go into Pastoria Gym? If so your rival should walk up from behind and battle you, then you can go inside the gym.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Are you trying to go into Pastoria Gym? If so your rival should walk up from behind and battle you, then you can go inside the gym.

...Yeah, that's the point I'm trying to make: When I walk up to the gym, my rival is standing in front of the door. I can't get in.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I want to ask a question.

Where and when will you get Porygon and Togepi?

You get Togepi in an egg from Cynthia. You'll meet up with her outside the bike shop when you deal with Team Galactic in Eterna City.

Porygon can be obtained from an NPC in a house in Veilstone City.

Blue Tomoshibi

Pokémon a go-go!
    Years
    I have a Question about Shaymin Sky Forme.

Can you use it on Wifi when going Platinum to Platinum?
    I know you can't when battling from Platinum to D/P

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    Im trying to complete my sinnoh dex and is there somewhere you can see a gengar and a elekid? because i dont have any of the GBA games :( and the other fact that im playing it via emu.

Years

I just finished up with Veilstone Gym, and I went to deal with the double battle with Galactic Grunts alongside Dawn...

After I beat them, Handsome (the detective guy, I think that's his name) ran up to us, Dawn left, and then he went into the warehouse. I grabbed HM02 and left. I went down Route 214 to Valor Lakefront and helped the lady find her suite key, and then headed into Pastoria. When I got there, I tried to get Defog in the Great Marsh (not realizing that it was in Solaceon Ruins now) and got a yellow shard. I then tried going into the gym, but my rival is standing in front of it, blocking the entrance.

Maybe a stupid question but have you defeated the Hearthome Gym?

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Maybe a stupid question but have you defeated the Hearthome Gym?

I did that a while ago. Pretty sure I dealt with all the triggerable events in Hearthome too. (Bebe meeting you and giving you the Eevee, meeting Mom in the contest hall, defeating Fantina, etc.)

Elevemage

Supreme Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure that you battle your rival there.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I'm pretty sure that you battle your rival there.

. . .
    Platinum Q&A Thread

I already said twice that he's blocking the door! If he had run up to me for a battle, I don't think I'd be here posting in this thread...
    Platinum Q&A Thread

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    It's considered a legendary, thus excluding it from Wi-Fi battles.
    Possibly because it is a forme of a legendary Pokemon and that it has much higher stats.
    The term legendary was never a term to judge a Pokemon's power. Take a look at Phione, for example. 80 in all stats, but it's a legendary. Does that mean it should be banned? No. The competetive battling environment is divided into TIERS. Tiers are three main groups of Pokemon (four if you include BL) that separate fully evolved Pokemon judging upon their strengths. Since the standard battle is of the Overused environment, only members of the Uber Tier are banned from standard battles. Anyways, the term legendary makes a Pokemon sound strong. It was never a term to determine strength, although it may sound that way. After you get a good introduction to the competetive battling environment, you'll understand it better. Anyways, Skymin being banned on WiFi has nothing to do with its tier or legendary status. It's probably because Diamond and Pearl don't have Skymin's data in the cartridge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back