• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum...What is It...GS!?

Years
  • I mean the actual mineral!

Does anyone actually know?

I heard it may be made out of Silver and Gold...

Platinum...What is It...GS!? Platinum...What is It...GS!?
    The alchemical symbol for platinum (shown above) was made by joining the symbols of silver and gold.

From Wikipedia

Does this mean a hint for a new DS remake of GS!?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Wow.
    That's usin' your noggin'.
    I never would have been able to think up something like that.
    Seeing as there have already been so many hints already, I think this could also be one.

Years
  • lol ya! it owuld be totally awesome if this was it! a Remake of GS!

and lol thanks for the compliment! :) :P

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Ya know, there's a rumor about the remakes...

Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold...

Read more about it somewhere else...there's not much here...

Years
  • Up until now, any rumors about remakes of Gold and Silver and just that: rumors. While it's an interesting idea, you're just getting your hopes up by drawing such conclusions. If they remade G/S, it wouldn't be for another couple of years (Look at Emerald's release to D/P, then think of Platinum to G/S remakes).

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • yeah, but they're next in line. I mean think about this...

They released red/blue
    then yellow about a year later.

then, about a year and a half later,
    gold/silver
    then 6 months 2 ayear later,

you have crystal.

then, about 2 years later

You get Ruby and Sapphire.

Then, in the middle of all that...
    BAM!

Red and Green Remakes!

then you get emerald and

then Diamond and Pearl. Now platinum...

I think that G/S remakes are next..

either that or gen 5....then remakes.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Very very interesting.

Platinum (78) is next to gold (79) on the periodic table of elements, and catercorner to silver (47).

https://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/45/7445-004-6D310733.gif
    Hehe, beaten to the periodic table reference. =P

But yeah, Gold, Silver, and Platinum are all elements, not minerals. And all metals at that.

Additionally, Diamond is an allotrope of Carbon, and Pearls are crystallized Calcium Carbonate. But then you have Crystal, which can be used to refer to any compound(such as the previously mentioned Pearl). Thus, with all these inconsistencies, I doubt they have anything to do with anything, and they definitely aren't hints. *Imagines Game Freak designing Gold and Silver in the late 90's, thinking "let's call them these names so we can hint at what we'll be doing in ten years!"*

That said, Ruby and Sapphire are both varities of Aluminum Oxide, and Emerald contains aluminum within it as well. And I don't think I need to explain what Red, Blue, and Yellow have in common. =P

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Well this could be true...

Well...This could be true, since on the Pokémon Website in the mail box, someone asked about a 5th generation Pokémon game and Nintendo said something like: "Well we won't be doing one for a while because then the creators of the guide books would have to make a even bigger one!". So maybe they are going to make a Gold and Silver remake insted of creating more Pokémon (Either that, or their running out of ideas for Pokémon XD).

coolkidmitch

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Well lets think the reason WHY Fire Red and Leaf Green were created. Basically to complete your Dex for D/P. There really is NO reason to make g/s remakes until the DS system is created. Reason being, GBA games are already becoming obsolete with the DSi, correct me if I'm wrong but it cannot play GBA games?

At this point, with Platinum, all pokeman can be caught. I, personally, don't think there will be a g/s remake until it is needed with the new system. I have never played g/s/c because I kinda fizzeled out of pokemon at that point. But everyone else has been like OMGYESG/SREMAKE >_< so I'll keep my fingers crossed too ^_^

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    coolkid, what's a PokeMAN?

Also, the DS system already is made. Plus, they'll make it, especially to buy a new coffee machine.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    That is false. You can even ask Nintendo about that.

Don't assume it is false completely.

Whitegold is another rumored name. Why would pokemonwhitegold.com redirect you to Nintendo's web site?

Back