• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Pokemon Damond and Pearl Roms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    hey im new here, i was playin my pokemon pearl rom on the no$gba, im at the point were i have to go mt coronet near the end of the game, and everytime i try to go onto the ingame computer and switch my pokemon it freezes, and i cant change any of my pokemon, what can i do about that?

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    @Smarties-kun:
    After almost a week of experimenting and playing with the nocash options, I traced the problem. I haven't replied early beacause i had to go to school. I found out that sounds must be on when playing juz like you said. Thanks!

I also found a way to increase the speed of the ROM but just a lil bit. Increase the resolution size of your computer to the highest (i think its increase since you are increasing the size of the graphics). Emulation will increase by 10%-20%. in my computer (which is slow) i had a 50%-90% emulation outside. Hope i helped.

@Rageman:
    How did you emulate the game at 100%?

exedissolve

Straight-edge
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    @everyone with a slow emulator.

look you can change all the options you want but the big thing that makes it so slow is your computer. on my old pc, it ran at bout 70%-90%. if i was lucky. even worse when i put Vista on.(NO VISTA) now that i upgraded, it run at bout 300%-350%. still NO VISTA.

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    i hav another problem guys, i am currently en route to celestic town and i need a pokemon that defogs. i want to withdraw my zubat but i hav 6 pokemon already. i went to a pc in solaceon town and when i chose deposit, the screen turns black and it freezes but the sounds still play. i tried it on every city but it still freezes. how come?

tnx

Years
    I've just downloaded the UK Pal version of Pokémon Pearl and I have noticed it is a bit faster than the JAP and US versions and also it is moderately at a good speed outside but and I am using version 2.3c of no$gba which is good but one thing I think NoCash should figure out in the next version is a way of using cheats for example Codebreaker and ActionReplay. Using cheats Ma Bad!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Team Poison said:
    I've just downloaded the UK Pal version of Pokémon Pearl and I have noticed it is a bit faster than the JAP and US versions and also it is moderately at a good speed outside but and I am using version 2.3c of no$gba which is good but one thing I think NoCash should figure out in the next version is a way of using cheats for example Codebreaker and ActionReplay. Using cheats Ma Bad!

People can hack their save states and that is better than cheating xD

A few pages back explains how to do it....just search :P

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
    I think at this point everyone knows how to get a pokemon diamond/pearl rom. The problem is it doesnt use wifi, so your better off getting a real DS if you crave for online play.

I confess, i play D/P on an emulator, i didnt want to get yelled at for using an emulator.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
    Note this from the No$ site:

No$gba v2.4b basic DS Wifi emulation (*), and full GBA e-Reader emulation
    No$gba v2.4c some final details (mainly GUI and e-Reader related)
    [SIZE=-1](*) no$gba/wifi can send/receive packets, commercial programs are still getting stuck somewhere in transmission. For example, with pictochat, slave machine(s) are realizing when a master machine is creating a chat room, but the slaves aren't sending response packets to the master. Probably due to some still undiscovered status/control bits. I've added a bunch of new info about wifi hardware in no$gba help text (debug version). Additional info on the missing bits and bytes would be very welcome![/SIZE]

So, Soon enough, we will be able to emulate wifi(2.4d or 2.5)

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    Guys, how 'bout my problem? How can i fix the PC bug? How can i deposit and withdraw once again?

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    Rather than doing the entire setup myself I found myself a complete package, with the 2 patched ROMs and the working emulator. You need to know where to find, indeed ;)

Anyway, I'm playing on my laptop and without the whole Mhz-10% I'm running at 85-100% outside and 100-120% in battle/buildings. Even saving works perfect, I'm one happy guy right now.

EDIT: one small question. How can I make the screens bigger? The traditional windows ways aren't working for me.

Last edited:

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    I'm sorry sean, you cannot increase the window size of the No$GBA in ds mode.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    I have a problem with my emulator, when I open Diamond everything works fine until the point where you VS the Starly, when I kill it when it say's Chimchar used Scratch, it freezes and does nothing. What have I done wrong?

I couldn't find the stuff to patch and so on so I didn't, maybe that affected it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Isthere anyway toincrease emulation speed by any program or something? I run in 15-20% and it's like impossible to move....I've tried a bunch of things to make it emulate faster bu nothing will work :(

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    I have a problem with my emulator, when I open Diamond everything works fine until the point where you VS the Starly, when I kill it when it say's Chimchar used Scratch, it freezes and does nothing. What have I done wrong?

I couldn't find the stuff to patch and so on so I didn't, maybe that affected it?

Is your sound enabled? If it isn't your game will ALWAYS crash after a battle.

The main thing to do if you want to speed up things is turn the sound to Low (11kHz) and emulation speed to Ultimate Mhz Disaster - 10%. 20% is very little thought, no idea if it will help a lot. My 2yo laptop can play with high setting around 100% so a powerful computer should work excellent.

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    @Brane: Please read previous posts.
    @salmjak: the problem is in your computer. i fyou have a slow one, it will be slow no matter what you do. in my old computer i emulate at 80% speed outside but in my new computer i can emulate for up to 200% outside. unbelievable? he he he.

for my previous problem, i have already solved it. when your emulator freezes when using the pc, just open the move pokemon option and change box. the deposit option should probably be running normally now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Yeah my computer is very old :P Not as powerfull as laptops are now. Getting a new computer in a couple of weeks hope it will be better so I can play :)

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    Yeah my computer is very old :P Not as powerfull as laptops are now. Getting a new computer in a couple of weeks hope it will be better so I can play :)

If you are going to buy a new computer or laptop, i suggest buy a real nintendo DS rather than keep emulating AND it's legal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back