• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Pokemon Damond and Pearl Roms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    How did you get saving to work? I'm really sick of restarting Phoenix Wright every time I want a break.

it's in the ROM. find a fixed version in the net. or patch it with an IPS file. Google for one.

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    Do you mean snapshotting or saving within the game?

It's saving within the game. there are tons of patch files out there. try each and every one if you like. that snapshotting you are talking about is savestates right? i don't know if savestates work in NO$GBA 2.4c

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Would the tiles be missing by using "ATI rage pro" card. If you using an old video card, would it has error like bad directx on 3dfx voodoo bashenne and blending errorb on Matrox G200 and G400.

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
  • Theres already a D/P thread at "ROM hacking" sub-forum. Nothing important has been descoverd (eg mapping, scripting) But yeh there already is a thread about D/P hacking
    The have changed a name in the intro! Important! ;)

No, just a small question from my side. Can you link with Diamond with Pearl (VBA Link style) to obtain version exclusive pokemons (glameow and stuff) and trade pokemons (steelix, alakazam)? I really doubt this is possible, but I'm hoping we can :D

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    The have changed a name in the intro! Important! ;)

No, just a small question from my side. Can you link with Diamond with Pearl (VBA Link style) to obtain version exclusive pokemons (glameow and stuff) and trade pokemons (steelix, alakazam)? I really doubt this is possible, but I'm hoping we can :D

You can link using NO$GBA however, I am not sure if you can link between two games. I have tried linking with a Diamond and Pearl ROM but I only get to use one ROM at a time. You can't link using the VBALink style. Simply Right-click on the games screen and choose link. A new emulator will be attached to the emulator and you can now use the two of them. It goes VERY SLOOOOW when linking two DS ROMs. If anyone knows how to link between two games in the NO$GBA, please tell.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Does Anyone Know When Next Version of No$Gba is gonna come out? I Can't Stand Playing DP in Slow Motion :P

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
  • Well version 2.4e of NO$GBA just released, and I'm seeing a BIG speed increase on my computer using the new update. Not sure about everyone else, but this increase in speed actually allows me to play my Diamond ROM without having outdoors roaming having to take forever or giving up because of laggy gameplay.

Years
  • In 2.4e for me the intro runs fine (albeit at 85%, but thats faster than it used to run, and it easily goes full speed for all the non-psuedo 3D bits.

The only problem is that the game freezes when I select to continue my saved game. If I rename/delete the savegame or set it to Flash 256K it lets me play the game. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem?

Twinx

Years
  • Well version 2.4e of NO$GBA just released, and I'm seeing a BIG speed increase on my computer using the new update. Not sure about everyone else, but this increase in speed actually allows me to play my Diamond ROM without having outdoors roaming having to take forever or giving up because of laggy gameplay.

It's a bit faster... but still not good enough. Guess I'll have to wait a bit more. 10x anywayss

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    same problem as 2 post above. version 2.e faster but continue don't work also with patched roms. what's the problem?

EDIT: ok, version 2.4e fast and all, but no way to save!!!! HEEEEELP :'( :'( ç_ç

Last edited:

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years

In 2.4e for me the intro runs fine (albeit at 85%, but thats faster than it used to run, and it easily goes full speed for all the non-psuedo 3D bits.

The only problem is that the game freezes when I select to continue my saved game. If I rename/delete the savegame or set it to Flash 256K it lets me play the game. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem?

It's a bit faster... but still not good enough. Guess I'll have to wait a bit more. 10x anywayss

same problem as 2 post above. version 2.e faster but continue don't work also with patched roms. what's the problem?

EDIT: ok, version 2.4e fast and all, but no way to save!!!! HEEEEELP :'( :'( ç_ç

If your emulator laggs. Go to emulator settings and make sure your NDS Cartridge memory is 512K. Go to Emulation speed, If you want put it to Unlimited 10%MHZ. Or Realtime.(doesnt make much of a difference anyways.) Anyways, Close the options box and save setting. not only these are ways to solve the lagg problem. It also solves the save problem.

If this still doesnt work, Close some programs that you arent using, or Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE. That's winodws task manager. You can only gain acess to that on a computer's administrators user account. Go to windows Task Manager, see if there are any programs that says NOT RESPONDING. Close those programs. Then click process. Scroll to the left to find memory usage Press the button twice. to see The highest number is on top.
    Close the programs that is taking up the most memory on your computer unless the username says system or network.

That should work. If your still getting lag problems. you need a new computer, because your computer does not have enough memory for the emulator to run properly. (512MB is reccomended) Or go play at a library or grandmas house. No$GBA uses ALOT of memory. 80,00K at the very least. Don't run too many programs while playing on your emulator.

That's it.

By the way, does any1 have any information on the Wi-Fi feature? because im dying to play competitively. and It's impossible to complete the pokedex without online communication.

Twinx

Years
  • BlueLucario I think 512MB of ram is a bit low for a system requirement, cause that's what I have. In the beginning the game runs pretty fast... a bit too fast :P But once I'm in my room the speed drops down dramatically to 50-60% and outside it's about 40%. It's very frustrating. All I have running is Norton Internet Security, do you think that's the problem?

I also noticed that No$Gba needs a lot of CPU power. Am I right?

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • BlueLucario I think 512MB of ram is a bit low for a system requirement, cause that's what I have. In the beginning the game runs pretty fast... a bit too fast :P But once I'm in my room the speed drops down dramatically to 50-60% and outside it's about 40%. It's very frustrating. All I have running is Norton Internet Security, do you think that's the problem?

I also noticed that No$Gba needs a lot of CPU power. Am I right?

Yes, you are right. No$Gba needs aLOT of RAM. Go to windows task manager. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE(That is if you are on a computer administrator account.Some computers will open this feature by pressing the button) Click on Process tab.Then scroll to the Right and click memory usage click on it twice. so the program with the highest memory usage goes on top of the list. If norton uses the most memory usage( Anti-Virus/Secutiy Software tend to hog all memory.) Then close it. It's not reccomended. So if your going to shut down norton, I recommend Disconnecting from the internet so you wont get any registry files(aka Spyware/Adware) Which will slow down the computer even more the point where it crashes. Spyware can still get into your computer even if you are not downloading anything.

Did you say that when you started the game the game lags when you start off in your room? Did you save? and kept your save file or do you have to start a new game? did you change the setting of your emulator? Go to NDS Cartridge memory(Can't remember the name) Select 512KB. And make sure your emulation speed is either Realtime or unlimited 10%MHz. If that doent work you need to patch the game.

Hope this helps.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Everytime I load my game it gets to the first message of the making your name thing then all the buttons stop working

Its not frozen because the sound still works and the blicking thing that means for you to press A(1) still blinks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back