• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Play, Power, Pass! Generation II.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
  • Play, Power, Pass! Generation II.

What's up?

If any of you haven't heard of Play, Power, Pass then listen up. PPP is a game in which you play to a certain badge, and then pass it to the next person to play to the next one. It's done with ROMs and emulators, so there's no need for mailing or anything. It's not that hard.

Directions

These are quite simple. When it is your turn to play to your assigned badge, you have to go through these simple steps.
    • Make sure you have the correct save file.
    • Make sure you have the correct ROM. [We'll decide what ROM to use at a later time.]
    • When posting your save file, post screenshots of all the pokemons movesets. Post the save file as an attachment.
      How to get the save file on Visualboyadvance, a Gameboy emulator...
    • When you are finished, position yourself in front of the gym leader. Go to, "File > Save > Save it to your desktop." Then post it on your next post withyour screenshots.

Rules

• There will be absolutely no cheating in any form. If you are caught, you are kicked, and someone else will take your spot.
    • No legendaries. They're cheap and I hate them. No arguments.
    • Do not post any illegal material in this thread. This includes ROMs, etc.
    • There are 16 badges in Johto/ Kanto, and the Elite Four and Red. You'll be assigned two spots, one in Johto, and one in Kanto.

Assigned spots

Falkner - feltpens
    Bugsy - pkmnfreak84
    Whitney - Jim
    Morty - Jax Malcolm
    Chuck - Jax Malcolm
    Jasmine - Always and Never
    Pryce - Trace
    Clair - super vulpix
    Elite Four - Jim
    Lt. Surge - Always and Never
    Sabrina - Jim
    Misty - feltpens
    Erika - super vulpix
    Janine - pkmnfreak84
    Brock - Jax Malcolm
    Blaine - Jax Malcolm
    Blue - Trace
    Red - Always and Never

Be proud of yourself!

Show that you are a proud member of PPP: Generation II with this exciting user bar!

Play, Power, Pass! Generation II.

Code:
    [*url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128384][img*]https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t303/Jimbobs_Bucket/PPPBarGSC.gif[/img][/url]

All pictures made by Jim, my best friend.

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I'ma take... The Elite Four aaaand Whitney plzkthx. I take it, like the other ones, that the person who choses Falkner gets to choose the starer, SOMETHING ELSE YOU FORGOT TO ADD TO THE FIRST POST!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Couple questions:

Is there a time limit? Like, do you have a certain number of hours to finish your part? Is it a speed thing?

Do you beat the gym leader assigned to you? For example, the first person would play Falkner, the second Bugsy, etc... Or do you save beforehand and then pass it on?

I'm totally in. Uh, I'll take the beginning, if that's free.

And Misty.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I see you've remade this again. XD
    Hopefully it'll be more successful this time~

Um. Could I take Sabrina and Jasmine?

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Couple questions:

Is there a time limit? Like, do you have a certain number of hours to finish your part? Is it a speed thing?

Do you beat the gym leader assigned to you? For example, the first person would play Falkner, the second Bugsy, etc... Or do you save beforehand and then pass it on?

And Misty.

Since A&N graciously forgot to mention that I own this with him...

There is no time limit, however don't take too long, obviously. Yes you beat the Gym Leader you're assigned to, so you get to choose the starter, get the Pokédex, get HM05 from Sprout Tower and beat Falkner.

There was a list of phone numbers that I would recommend you get. As you know, in Crystal, most of the good Pokémon at the beginning involve evolving via stone. [i.e Poliwag, Growlithe, Bellsprout, Oddish etc.] The below trainers will occasionally call you to say they have something for you and you obviously find them to get them, irrelevant if you don't actually use any of the above Pokémon.

• Fisher Tully - Route 42 - Gives away Water Stones.
    • Lass Dana - Route 38 - Gives away Thunderstones.
    • Picnicker Gina - Route 34 - Gives away Leaf Stones.
    • Schoolboy Alan - Route 36 - Gives away Fire Stones.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • I can take Clair! Just make sure I'm not jipped.
    Yes you can take Clair, but you have to claim a Kanto gym leader also. I'm not letting you have her until you give me the second name.
    Couple questions:

And Misty.
    The time limit would probably be two weeks, at max. I mean, you shouldn't be rushed at all. You play up to defeating the gym leader that was assigned to you, and then you would save.

I'll take Brock and Erika.

Btw, are you going to do another PPP after this one?
    You have to claim one Johto and one Kanto gym leader. Not both Kanto.

And that's an interesting question. I mean, when PPP was at the height of its popularity, it had three threads, and everybody wanted a spot. But we couldn't handle it. So we'll stick with this one thread, and if it is succesful, I might open more. [And no one can open another PPP thread without my permission >O]

I'd like Misty plz. Can i?
    You can have Misty as long as you claim a Johto gym leader along with her. I'll put your name up there when you complete your registration.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Let's agree on a ROM to use already, so I can get started!

Impatientimpatientimpatient

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • All the spots need to be taken before we're started. And we all have to use the same ROM, so make sure the ROM is "Pokemon Crystal (U)" and not something with and Save patch or anything. Just a clean American ROM.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2008
    Hehehe...Looks like fun. :P

I'll take Pyrce and Blue.

Wait, we're using Gold? I thought we were using Crystal :S I'll still do it.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Pokemon Crystal (U) Rom, yeah he got it wrong... Then edited it.

Back